Shoot First and Pray You Live (Because Luck Has Nothing to Do with It) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shoot First and Pray You Live (Because Luck Has Nothing to Do with It) Reviews

½ February 9, 2010
A wonderfully witty, ascerbic Western, ‚??Shoot First and Pray You Live‚?? looks something like you‚??d imagine a Tarantino cowboy movie would.
½ February 15, 2010
A better title would have been "Shoot First And Pray You Forget You Wasted Almost 2 Hours Of Your Life". This movie is proof positive why digital video will never replace film. Aliasing, no DOF, and colors that don't exist in nature. There is one scene in the film we are forced to watch 3 times. OMG. That alone is almost 30 minutes of the film. We watch it from beginning to end. then we are forced to watch the scene play in reverse. Then we watch it one more time from a slightly different perspective. WE GET IT! Dude was wronged (except that he wasn't really wronged, it was his father who never claimed him as a son who was wronged, so... Obviously, as a illegitimate child of a raped semi-pro prostitute, it's his duty to seek vengeance, right??) and now is out for vengeance. I'm so saddened by the lousy production value of this film as it was filmed right here in my home town of Santa Fe, NM and a lot of my friends worked on it. Sorry guys. It wasn't your fault this movie sucked. It was the writing, directing, and acting. Oh, and obviously the DP didn't know jack about shooting the Red. And neither did the editor or colorist.
October 15, 2013
Cinematography is beautiful as is the music. Other than that it is a very slow psychological western. Nibbles: Hash Browns and Beans.
½ May 13, 2012
Poor attempt at a spaghetti western copy.
½ September 14, 2011
Poor attempt at a spaghetti western copy.
June 19, 2010
Was surprised at how good this was for a western. And the lead character is hot!
½ February 9, 2010
May 9, 2010
I thought this movie was pretty cool. I was like a Kill Bill Cowboy Movie! It's also cool because I know the star of the movie Jeff Hephner personally!! Great Job Hep!!!
½ March 29, 2010
This movie has been checked out at Blockbuster for 6 weeks since it came in. All three copies have been gone. Stupid me, thinking this must be a sign of what could be a descent western, I rented it.

It sucked so bad I could not finish watching it! This director is just a Quentin Tarantino wannabe.
½ March 7, 2010
Quirky. A spaghetti, Pulp Fiction like, western. Decent acting and costumes. Music reminiscent of the old spaghetti westerns. They used all sorts of unique film techniques; split screens, animation, & backwards motion being a few. It was fun but a little drawn out. Reminds me of some of Quentin Tarantino's work. Decent compared to most direct to video westerns and worth watching.
½ February 15, 2010