Shrek

62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Shrek Reviews

Matthew Samuel M

August 15, 2013
With its colorful characters, light nature, gorgeous score, simple plot, and memorable sequences (most notably the "Hallelujah" montage), Shrek--though it may not be the most brilliant animated film to grace the silver screen--is ultimately a rewarding, fun experience.
Market Man
Market Man

August 16, 2012
Definitely one of the best animated films ever made. So many funny scenes and references to pop-culture. Love the adult humor as well. The character development throughout is perfect. Too bad about all the sequels after the 2nd film, have to ruin the franchise. They juice out whatever they can to make a quick buck. Shame!
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

February 28, 2011
Shrek is up there with the greatest animated films ever. It is an animated film that was everything a comedy and animated film should be, but I am serious, never before has a movie spoofed fairy tales and princess stories so well and it actually has a great deal of heart to it that made it just so better as well. Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, and Cameron Diaz were incredible in voicing their roles and their characters are some of the most memorable and fun characters in animated film history. Shrek is hard to top in animatio because of how well they struck gold when making this masterpiece, it isn't the greatest animated film ever, but I swear on the name of God its one of the best.
Alexander D

June 14, 2011
SHREK is not just a family movie. It's a hilarious, wholesome take on the fairy tales that all of us have been familiar with since the age of three (or possibly even younger). And such a wonderful re-imagination became so beloved by both kids and grown-ups alike that three sequels were spawned to create a more in-depth continuum of the ridiculously funny story this one tells.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

August 16, 2011
Shrek is a film that never disappointed me. This humourous take on fairytale's provides a great message to its audience and is by far the best out of a series that unfortunately will NEVER end.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
A great animated film!
Jennifer X

May 26, 2007
I used to LOVE Shrek, back when I watched an average of like 2 movies a year. I guess my standards were lower or something because I cannot watch this anymore without gagging at the barrage of cultural references I'm met with. For nostalgia purposes, though, yeah, why not. 3.5 stars.
Drake T

May 19, 2011
This movie defines Dreamworks as a company. Accessible animated comedy, gag after gag to keep you laughing and munching popcorn happily with a hint of heart-warming drama to top it all off.

Sure, it never seems to reach the levels of masterful storytelling as Pixar but damn, do they know how to deliver cheap laughs and fun.
deano
deano

October 30, 2006
It's a traditional fairytale fractured boosted by clever animation - the first DreamWorks Animation and Oscar for Best Animated Film.
The charm comes from the funny characters who are brought beautifully to life by Mike Myers as grumpy orge Shrek, Eddie Murphy as wise-cracking Donkey and Cameron Diaz as the wistful princess. The scene with evil Lord Farquaad (John Lithgow) and defiant Gingerbread Man is just one highlight.
Shrek and Donkey are hilarious in their adventure altogether to rescue Princess Fiona.
jamers2011
jamers2011

August 9, 2010
Classic! One of the best non-Pixar Studio animated films, if not the best! I love it!
theunknownhobo
theunknownhobo

November 16, 2010
It is hard to say that I am not a fan of Shrek because I am, but I find no compulsion to watch it over and over as I do with movies that I am truly a fan of. As funny as it however many times you see it, the originality has been broken by so many remakes that progressivly dissolved the first. A good movie that my daughter will always love and that I do not mind watching but far from my favorite from Dreamworks.
3niR
3niR

June 18, 2010
The starting was pretty gross which made me think twice whether to watch the rest of it. But the rest was neat. I was expecting this to be mind blowing as I watched the 4th part at first. I happened to liked that one. But was it because I watched that one on the theater made it looked so awesome? Because I didn't think this was awesome. It was good. But for some unknown reasons I didn't liked it that much. The story was unique. The dialogues were laughable. But something was missing. I did enjoyed the dragon and the donkey falling in love part. But yeah, maybe my hopes were way too high.
michael e.
michael e.

December 22, 2010
i loved it when i first saw it but the more i watched it, the more i started to dislike it
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 19, 2008
Hillariously FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy & Cameron Diaz are incredibly awesome in this brilliant movie from Dream Works :)
Carlos M

January 4, 2010
A fantastic satirical fable that cleverly subverts fairy tales, providing endless fun for kids and pure delight for adults with its astonishing visuals and acid humor. An extremely funny animation that is also enchanting and sweet.
Richard C

June 23, 2010
B
Movie Monster
Movie Monster

June 15, 2010
Shrek may be a crude and irreverant animated film but has charm and wit. Every character in this film is so funny especially the Gingerbread Man. He cracks me up everytime he's on screen. The film also knows how to decipt the characters well. Shrek starts off as a mean and heartless ogre but gets funny along the way., Princess Fiona looks like a sweet princess but proves she can be fiesty and butt-kicking, and Donkey he makes you smile once he says his first line.

The ending of Shrek is one of the best I've seen in a movie. Shrek and Fiona have a happy ending and Donkey sings a great cover of "I'm a Believer."

I don't like the fact that some other crappy animation studios try to make a comedy about fairytales because they just turn out being a ninety minute pile of SUCK! Except for Pixar. Their movie, "Brave", is a fairytale film that is expected to come out in 2012. I'm excited for that. I can never go wrong with Pixar!

When you get around Shrek, sit your butt down and watch it!
Kyle F.
Kyle F.

June 8, 2010
Still the best in the franchise after 10 long years, despite some mean competition. The characters, the story, and the willingness to take chances that is so often lacking in Pixar films are all present. The movie gets funnier with every rewatching,with just the slightest facial expressions giving giggles, not that facial expressions are needed with such fantastic dialogue. Eddie Murphy is explosively fun, and Mike Myers offers splendid depth. Two of the best animated voice jobs of the century.
Daniel P

May 7, 2007
A family-friendly classic. Shrek is heart-warming, fun, and the animation just jumps off the screen. I can't believe I nearly went 10 years without seeing it.

Great jokes for kids and parents about all the other fairy tales, and yet, it is a fairly tale... but, on top of the classic quest story, you've got Eddie Murphy riffing the whole way through. It was great to see many of his legendary standup themes recycled into the film.

Beautiful film, exciting and unconventional and with a good moral. One that everyone should see. (Duh!)
Jeremy S