• Shrek 2

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Shrek 2 Reviews

Eugene B

August 22, 2008
Rarely a CGI-based sequel ever is seen. But Shrek 2 delivers in more ways than one. Fantastic layout and raunchy story with a blend of colorful cast-mates, Shrek 2 goes above and beyond the realm of CGI-films. 4.5/5
Jason S

December 26, 2006
As good as the first
Colin M

July 30, 2008
The Original Shrek was brilliant. It looked amazing, had a great storyline, and amazing dialogue and was loved by both kids and adults alike. Shrek 2 really was not a grand sequel and paved the way for the even further stagnation provided by Shrek 3 and 4.
Alexander D

June 14, 2011
A sequel to 2001's hit family comedy, SHREK 2 twists the fairy tale re-imagination to a whole entirely new level. In this one, we see Shrek and Fiona becoming a married couple (and all the ridicule involved to get to that point, including meeting the fierce Puss in Boots, who is voiced by Antonio Banderas). Even though it is, overall, a somewhat pointless sequel, it's just as entertaining as the original movie and it only lacks a little power in comparison.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

August 16, 2011
To me it seems like they abandoned the idea of a good story in Shrek 2. But they made up for it for its numerous hilarious moments, colourful supporting characters and its undeniable charm. A winner for children I know that much.
murphmann93
murphmann93

July 6, 2008
They should have just stopped at 'Shrek' This was ok, but it had nothing on the first one. A slight let down, but in some scenes very funny. In a way it's nice to follow the story of him and Fiona and it's nice to see that Donkey is just as hilarious as ever! Average film.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

February 13, 2011
Very good work from Dreamworks, a worthy sequel to the great first. It was funny, cool, and just as good if not better than the first.
Drake T

May 19, 2011
It feels like... it feels like the first movie didn't end. And I mean that in a good way. The humor and quality of jokes are just as good as the original, as is the story. It definitely keeps the integrity of the first or maybe even more? Shrek's relationship with Fiona feels very real.

So really, you'd only hate this if you didn't enjoy the first movie. Otherwise you have no reason to pass this ball of sequential "fun" up.
TomBowler
TomBowler

July 31, 2009
A great sequel and fantastic addition to the series. Full review later.
jamers2011
jamers2011

August 1, 2010
Not as good as the first, but still a very entertaining and funny film. A decent sequel.
FilmFanatik
FilmFanatik

June 6, 2007
Why? Oh why? Why did they ruin a perfectly good story by making sequels? Oh well, that's Hollywood for you.
michael e.
michael e.

December 22, 2010
its way better than the first and better than the third but not nearly as good as the 4th
movieguru12
movieguru12

December 8, 2007
A good sequel to an brilliant animated movie :)
Nadira I

October 25, 2010
First time I fell in love with Shrek series of movies. Shrek is one of my all time cartoon favorite.
Richard C

February 26, 2010
I like shrek better
Carlos M

October 22, 2009
Although not as original and clever as the first film, Shrek 2 is also incredibly funny and irreverent, introducing new lively secondary characters in an animation that is excellent fun for both adults and kids.
Emile T

February 28, 2007
Very good animation movie.
Movie Monster
Movie Monster

June 15, 2010
Shrek 2 is a great sequel but I like the first one better. In my opinion, when a movie sequel introduces new characters, they don't seem to be that likeable. But when Shrek 2 added new characters like Prince Charmming, Fiona's parents, and Puss in Boots, they make them loveable and make them shine when they are on screen. Even their voice acting is good!

Puss in Boots (voiced by Antonio Banderas) oficially became my favorite Shrek character after seeing this. I really don't want to be a hater but I don't think Shrek 2 should hold the record for highest-grossing animated film. The place should really go to some Pixar movie. Despite that, Shrek 2 is fun and charming. It's even fun to watch it on DVD.

It feels like yesterday when I saw this at the movie. The popcorn tasted good but smelt like warm milk.