—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Shrek the Third Reviews

Eugene B

May 13, 2013
It lacks the magic the two films possessed, period. Shrek the Third, although has it's powerful cast (with new additions) stumbles upon its stalling story and uninspiring tale. 3.5/5
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

September 4, 2007
not as good as the first 2
3niR
3niR

June 24, 2010
It was okay. A bit gross. Not as funny as the other ones.
Alexander D

June 14, 2011
What the Shrek has happened with such a funny series!? The first SHREK was an original, imaginative take on almost every fairy tale; SHREK 2 was a great, entertaining sequel, and now, folks, we have SHREK THE THIRD, even though somewhat creatively titled, a terrible, terrible film that loses Mike Myers all his humor and loses Eddie Murphy all his wit. There's nothing good here.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

August 16, 2011
Made to make money off the great Shrek and Shrek 2. Shrek the Third is slapstick drivel that has a ridiculously boring plot.
DreamExtractor
DreamExtractor

February 28, 2011
Dumb and a shame to the Shrek series. Two funny parts, and then it is all just cliche and boring and a horrible addition to the Shrek movies. Story sucked and wasnt worth my time. I really hated this in a way, they took it a big notch down.
movieguru12
movieguru12

December 8, 2007
It doesn't even have to be justified that Shrek The Third is amazing. With a great cast and the added addition of the gorgeous Justin Timberlake as Artie makes this movie another great treasured addition to the Shrek series. I own all of these movies except for Shrek Forever After. They are great quality movies with a great message in each of them, and I will treasure them forever as I do with the Toy Story series.
Lucas M

June 20, 2011
Shrek The Third, might be funny and entertaining with the pop culture satire and clever story, but the screenplay is too weak, what made is film, one of the worse of the Shrek franchise. Rotten.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
Funny but not as good as the first film.
Matt G

January 21, 2011
Just ok. Definitely the worst of the series and a lot of jokes fall flat but there are some really funny moments to keep it mildly entertaining.
Drake T

May 20, 2011
Not going to lie, I laughed. A lot.

Sure, it lacks the heart and charm of the first two but it'd be a stretch to say the story felt out of place, it works! If you love the previous movies enough you'd probably give this a watch just to knock out a few more chuckles.

The real question is, do you like cheap laughs? I sometimes do and this is one of those times.
Sophie B

May 22, 2007
Definietly not as funny as I expected it to be, although it did have a few good laughs.
Lady D

March 25, 2007
Whilst this sequel is worth watching as part of the series (and not altogether bad), it's certainly my least favourite of the Shrek films.

Still an enjoyable film with entertainment value.
jamers2011
jamers2011

August 5, 2010
Not very good. Not funny, mostly silly. Two was enough for the Shrek Saga.
Anthony L

January 31, 2011
It's the same bad writing, same lack of story, same animation, same waste of an hour and a half. I've made secret that I haven't enjoyed the Shrek films and maybe now people are starting to see what it is I don't like about them. The idea of all the 'bad guys' from fairy-tales getting together to seek revenge is quite a good one but once again, they forget to capitalise and make another animation with cartoon characters arguing and ultimately preaching - quite lazily so though. I also don't like the way it messes with classic literature, something that Disney has been doing with years but I'm not sure the kids understand the 'spoof' element. I've read a review here on flixster by someone stating that they loved the introduction of Disney characters, making the film more interesting to watch! I worry about the youth of today and as innocent as films like Shrek may look, I actually think they have/will have a lot to answer for in the future. Switch off and read a book instead!
michael e.
michael e.

December 22, 2010
its better than the first not as good as the second and not even close to the 4th
Carlos M

July 27, 2010
What used to be fresh and witty in the first two films gives place here to poor slapstick humor full of fart and poop jokes, lacking most of the cleverness of the previous stories. Even so, the visuals never cease to be outstanding and impressive.
The Gandiman
The Gandiman

July 12, 2010
Bordering on the risk of getting tired. A bit overdone; no laugh-out loud laughs like the prior films - a bit short on cleverness.
Richard C

June 23, 2010
C
Movie Monster
Movie Monster

June 15, 2010
I went to see Shrek 3 opening night. I attended the 8 PM and it was packed with kids and their families. WOW! These parents allow their kids to stay up and see the lastest Shrek movie on a Friday night! LOL! Enough with the kids at the showng and on to my review.

I had pretty high expectations for this movie. After the movie I thought that it was somewhat better than Shrek 2. When I bought the movie on DVD later that year, it spoke to me, "This movie sucks." It focuses too much on medievel themes and not fairytale themes. Also, the movie dosen't start off with the reading of the book. WHICH GENIUS AT DREAMWORKS DECIDED NOT TO START THE MOVIE LIKE THAT?! Still, Shrek the Third was a fun movie to sit down for ninety minutes. Shrek 4 was a much bigger improvement on this!