Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th Reviews

February 7, 2014
While not a great comedy, I think this one's highly underrated. Coming out around the same time as Scary Movie which was a similar (and more successful) attempt at this type of film. I think the meta-logic towards the end is hilarious, the actors generally play their roles perfectly and the fact that the dumb police officer wasn't as overplayed as he was in Scary Movie should be commended.
½ August 3, 2015
Lampooning the teen horror genre, Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth is a poorly made film that hardly delivers any laughs. As the title indicates, it's a fairly straightforward spoof of Scream (with a little I Know What You Did Last Summer). And there are a bunch of sight gags and comedy skits thrown in as well. However, the jokes are rather lame and incredibly obvious. Still, the cast isn't that bad, and features some solid comedic actors; including Julie Benz, Tiffani Thiessen, and Tom Arnold. Yet overall, Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth is a heavy handed parody film that beats its jokes to death.
March 20, 2006
A so-called comedy that insults your intelligence.
½ February 25, 2015
Well, there were actually a few giggles happening for its stupidity. But then, of coz was the real spoof masterpiece.
½ January 10, 2014
Worse than the lame Scary Movie franchise.
½ August 3, 2013
Shriek if You Know What i Did Last Friday the 13th is an all-time classic spoof with humor much funnier than Scary Movie.
June 27, 2013
Even it's pathetic long title tells you how bad it is
½ June 25, 2013
It's nice to see Majandrea Delfino in a film, but this is just a scary movie knockoff.
June 22, 2013
hilarious but too stupid to watch..
May 6, 2013
Even with a nonsense plot, uninspired characters and lame gags, Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th is much more better than Scary Movie 2.
½ April 14, 2013
This surfaced around the same time as Scary Movie, the general idea is that this was floating around before the Wayans' film but it was delayed and is subsequently seen as a rip-off. Such perceptions would do this film a disservice if it actually had anything to recommend it. In truth both this and Scary Movie are basically carbon copies of one another but Scary Movie does actually contain some decent laughs, Shriek... is devoid of pretty much any humour. Along with Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer this references the seminal spoof, Airplane. The pitfalls of this are obvious, evoke the ghost of one of the funniest films ever made and you only serve to highlight just how woeful your own film is.
February 22, 2013
They crammed too many jokes into it, far inferior to the Scary Movie series, though at least one actor went on to be in later Scary Movie sequals. A few good moments, and while I can't remember where or how I got the DVD, I am glad I got it used (probably from a garage sale)
April 11, 2011
This had funny moments. Apparently not enough because I kept wondering when it was going to end.
May 8, 2012
Makes Scary Movie look intelligent by comparison.
December 13, 2012
another stupid movie like scary movie hahaha
December 12, 2012
The film's gags are so simple and stupid, but I still found myself laughing, the film is so brainless but I wont lie, I enjoyed it!
½ October 20, 2012
A weak comedy mash-up of recent horror movies!
½ October 10, 2012
Far better than Scary Movie (released the same year, not a clue about which started production earlier), a shame there were no sequels to this one.

While the slapstick humor is occasionally wasteful, it never ceases trying for an extra laugh, even at the expense of the lead characters.
½ August 31, 2012
not as good as scary movie but funny
July 15, 2012
One lame joke after another, Scary Movie was SOOO much better!