Shut Up and Shoot Me - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Shut Up and Shoot Me Reviews

October 14, 2010
Hahaha. This was pretty great. I just love those little comedies that make me chuckle throughout...and every so often very much out loud. I expected this to be a Polish film, with all subtitles, but it was mostly all in English. Doesnt matter, but I just found it interesting that it was labeled from Poland. This is definitely an example of one of those great finds that I am always in search of.
August 5, 2011
This is a low-key gem. Beautifully acted in a naturalistic style, the story unfolds before your eyes in a believable and yet absurdist train of events. This is a Czech-British film, mostly in spoken English, but the odd sections in Czech are entirely understandable to a non-Czech speaking audience. An absolutely lovely dark dark black comedy, exquisitely put together with huge attention to every detail. All the acting is spot on -- I'm surprised this isn't more well-known, I only encountered it by chance.
May 11, 2011
If you like your humor a bit on the Brit/Eastern European side, and don't mind dark elements (casual stance on murder/death), I think you'll enjoy this Czech film. (I do not mean that in the Polish sense, "Czeski Film", btw...). It was fun to watch Karel Roden play a milquetoast, cuckold husband....I think most Americans will recognize him as a perennial Eastern European bad guy in action thrillers.
May 3, 2010
This is a decent black comedy and it had some big laughs in it. I literally laughed out loud quite a few times. Literally, not just LOL. So I recommend it, but it's a little too understated for it's own good. Maybe it's the low budget, but I felt it could have used a quicker pace and a less oppressive tone. I liked it but maybe less Bergman, more Farrelly Brothers.
½ January 18, 2010
This has an interesting take on love & death. Although I only laughed out loud a couple of times, the movie kept me amused and a couple of unexpected plot turns kept me interested in the story.
½ October 10, 2009
A funny and entertaining little movie that will likely be forgotten the next day. Adds nothing new to the genre. Something decent to watch if you aren't paying full price.
October 25, 2008
Amusing dark comedy, likable performances and some good writing. It doesn't always work, but it does work often enough to be entertaining. Fine score.