65% The Equalizer Sep 26

100% Sleepy Hollow: Season 2
62% Under the Dome: Season 2

Silent Fall Reviews

July 7, 2008
very moving and sad.. the suspense was intimate.. one of my mother's picks so didnt pay much attention .. i might have to watch it again.
Dave J
June 18, 2013
Tuesday, June 18, 2013

(1994) Silent Fall
PSYCHOLOGICAL MYSTERY

Parents are found dead with the only survivors found are their two kids who are the older teenage daughter Sylvie played by Liv Tyler and her 7 or 8 year old autistic son Tim(Ben Faulkner). Here comes criminal psychologist Dr. Jake Rainer (Richard Dreyfuss) who has a PHd in dealing with mentally challenged children and is supposed to be retired but one his best friends Sheriff Mitch Rivers ( J.T. Walsh ) encourages his social skills to help him solve it by helping Tim to recall the events that lead up to their parents death since he may have been a witness for the whole ordeal. And because he's like 100% autistic, Dr. Jake is the only person who can expose this by reasonable means instead of using drugs and other experimental tactics used by his radical associate Dr. Rene Harlinger played by John Lithgow.

I was totally sucked up to this movie because their isn't many films that focuses on "autistic" children to solve a case for I think this film is the first. The procedures for which this film has showed is at times quite enlightening since we the viewers may have suspect who had done it but at the same time don't quite know how it's done until the very end. The movie also stars Linda Hamilton as Karen Rainer as Jake's wife.

3 out of 4 stars