63% The Maze Runner Sep 19

June 18, 2013
Tuesday, June 18, 2013

(1994) Silent Fall
PSYCHOLOGICAL MYSTERY

Parents are found dead with the only survivors found are their two kids who are the older teenage daughter Sylvie played by Liv Tyler and her 7 or 8 year old autistic son Tim(Ben Faulkner). Here comes criminal psychologist Dr. Jake Rainer (Richard Dreyfuss) who has a PHd in dealing with mentally challenged children and is supposed to be retired but one his best friends Sheriff Mitch Rivers ( J.T. Walsh ) encourages his social skills to help him solve it by helping Tim to recall the events that lead up to their parents death since he may have been a witness for the whole ordeal. And because he's like 100% autistic, Dr. Jake is the only person who can expose this by reasonable means instead of using drugs and other experimental tactics used by his radical associate Dr. Rene Harlinger played by John Lithgow.

I was totally sucked up to this movie because their isn't many films that focuses on "autistic" children to solve a case for I think this film is the first. The procedures for which this film has showed is at times quite enlightening since we the viewers may have suspect who had done it but at the same time don't quite know how it's done until the very end. The movie also stars Linda Hamilton as Karen Rainer as Jake's wife.

3 out of 4 stars
August 15, 2007
Mediocre thriller that did not deserve actors of such high calibre.
May 25, 2012
An interesting mystery Drama about an autistic little boy who is the only Witness to the murder of his parents. The boy rarely speaks at all and when he does, he mimics the voice of another person.
Its kinda weird and predictable but the movie is interesting enough to make you wanna watch it play out. Liv Tyler is really good in this aswell.
naldia
December 10, 2011
Even if a bit predictable, the movie had some levels of suspense and intrigue attached to it. It was a good movie, not bad, great or excellent, but good.
November 21, 2011
Not as bad as i was expecting. More like a tv movie really though.
February 25, 2010
Pretty ok, nothing to write home about.
September 10, 2008
I own it, so I might as well see it once.
evalena76
April 29, 2007
Good movie about a autistic boy that witness his parents' murder. A psychiatrist is sign up to get him to tell his story about what happened. It`s a good thriller
turtlelady81650
October 21, 2008
Excellent movie...too bad it didn't get more publicity
July 7, 2008
very moving and sad.. the suspense was intimate.. one of my mother's picks so didnt pay much attention .. i might have to watch it again.
Yasse182
July 22, 2007
The best movie that i've ever seen!
HiMyNameIsSteve
July 6, 2007
Interesting, but quite ridiculous psychological thriller.
August 27, 2006
c diana... god damn, you fuck, oh jesus, oh sweet god letme die, please let me die... ill kill you bastard , ill kill you!!