Silent Fall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Silent Fall Reviews

½ April 21, 2015
Hard to watch rather blase type movie.
½ June 18, 2013
Tuesday, June 18, 2013

(1994) Silent Fall
PSYCHOLOGICAL MYSTERY

Parents are found dead with the only survivors found are their two kids who are the older teenage daughter Sylvie played by Liv Tyler and her 7 or 8 year old autistic son Tim(Ben Faulkner). Here comes criminal psychologist Dr. Jake Rainer (Richard Dreyfuss) who has a PHd in dealing with mentally challenged children and is supposed to be retired but one his best friends Sheriff Mitch Rivers ( J.T. Walsh ) encourages his social skills to help him solve it by helping Tim to recall the events that lead up to their parents death since he may have been a witness for the whole ordeal. And because he's like 100% autistic, Dr. Jake is the only person who can expose this by reasonable means instead of using drugs and other experimental tactics used by his radical associate Dr. Rene Harlinger played by John Lithgow.

I was totally sucked up to this movie because their isn't many films that focuses on "autistic" children to solve a case for I think this film is the first. The procedures for which this film has showed is at times quite enlightening since we the viewers may have suspect who had done it but at the same time don't quite know how it's done until the very end. The movie also stars Linda Hamilton as Karen Rainer as Jake's wife.

3 out of 4 stars
½ August 15, 2007
Mediocre thriller that did not deserve actors of such high calibre.
½ May 25, 2012
An interesting mystery Drama about an autistic little boy who is the only Witness to the murder of his parents. The boy rarely speaks at all and when he does, he mimics the voice of another person.
Its kinda weird and predictable but the movie is interesting enough to make you wanna watch it play out. Liv Tyler is really good in this aswell.
December 10, 2011
Even if a bit predictable, the movie had some levels of suspense and intrigue attached to it. It was a good movie, not bad, great or excellent, but good.
½ November 21, 2011
Not as bad as i was expecting. More like a tv movie really though.
November 3, 2011
Lack of complexity and depth to be a truly entertaining whodunit.
December 22, 2010
Pretty damn predictable, and rather unbelievable in a number of ways, but kind of endearing in the interactions between Dreyfuss and the child.
February 25, 2010
Pretty ok, nothing to write home about.
½ June 21, 2009
A thriller I completely lost track off over the years, until I saw it yesterday on television again. Nice cast with veterans like Richard Dreyfuss, John Lithgow and the always solid JT Walsh. Linda Hamilton has no Terminator to run from this time ;). Well worth the watch.
September 10, 2008
I own it, so I might as well see it once.
April 29, 2007
Good movie about a autistic boy that witness his parents' murder. A psychiatrist is sign up to get him to tell his story about what happened. It`s a good thriller
October 21, 2008
Excellent movie...too bad it didn't get more publicity
October 12, 2008
Once again, Richard Dreyfuss proves he is far more talented than some of the projects he's handed. Here the role seems tailor made for him and his developing pursuit in the murder case involving the boy is dynamic. The film suffers though putting a bunch of A-list talent into a B feature. Linda Hamilton, John Lithgow, and J.T. Walsh are all wasted here. It's an entertaining thriller but the only real reason to rewatch the thing is to watch the interaction between Dreyfuss and the kid.
July 8, 2008
A tortuously constructed plot which relies on utterly unrealistic plot contrivances and whose ultimate solution is painfully obvious far too early.
½ July 7, 2008
very moving and sad.. the suspense was intimate.. one of my mother's picks so didnt pay much attention .. i might have to watch it again.
½ May 22, 2008
Better than Rain Man, and with more sexy scenes! Not great - but a movie worth watching!
January 28, 2008
GOOD CAST, INTERESTING STORY
January 27, 2008
I'm not impressed. Boring plot and the scientific foundation is dubious at best. Autism "explained" from a psychoanalytic perspective...???