RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Silent House and The Deep Blue Sea

Summary

This week on home video, there aren't any major new releases to speak of, so our list is stocked with independent and foreign fare. Luckily, however, most of the choices we do have are quite good. Click through for the full list! Back to Article

Comments

sunsaz

Chris Moore

Nothing for me this week.

Jul 23 - 05:19 PM

Bay is .001 Nolan

Bay is .001 Nolan

Need to watch Footnote then! I'm done with A Separation (the winner) and 2 other nominees (Bullhead, In Darkness). I don't know why I am more interested in this category than Best Picture, probably because all the films are better and worthy to receive such nomination? I think I'll settle with that!

Jul 23 - 05:46 PM

Kurtiss Keefner

Kurtiss Keefner

Couldn't agree more :)

Jul 24 - 08:32 PM

Christopher Kulik

Christopher Kulik

A SEPARATION was amazing; even though I haven't had the pleasure of seeing the other nominees (or last year's winner, IN A BETTER WORLD, even though I have a copy), I'm glad A SEPARATION won the Academy Award.

Jul 24 - 09:07 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

I'm excited to see Jiro Dreams of Sushi. Silent House I probably would have wanted to see until I heard it was all in one shot. I know that's suppose to be impressive buuuut it sounds more or less like a desperate attempt to make a weak story more interesting.

Jul 23 - 06:22 PM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Are you really excited for Jiro Dreams of Sushi? Not knocking you, just seems an odd thing to get excited about. I just got a flash of a bunch of Brad and Netflix groupie's running down Jiro Beatles style :).

Jul 23 - 07:03 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Ha ha ha, yeah I am. Me and my wife like watching good documentaries with out strange political agendas. I've also been a huge fan of any shows or docs that involve cooking. I've been an avid Iron Chef fan since I was in my teens. Seeing a master of any culinary art is just very exciting to me.

It does help that nothing else is coming out this week as other's have mentioned.

Jul 23 - 08:45 PM

bigbrother

Bigbrother .

Jul 23 - 07:03 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Jul 23 - 08:45 PM

Sean D.

Sean D

Last Days of Disco is a pretty witty film. I recommend it.

Jul 23 - 07:06 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Chloe Sevigny was so sexy in that. I like all (all 4?!?) od Stillman's films, but I'll have to put this set on the backburner of my Criterion priorities.

Jul 27 - 11:24 AM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

Jul 23 - 08:45 PM

Cinema-Maniac

Caesar Mendez

Jiro Dreams of Sushi was surprisingly good,it's worth a watch. Other than Silent House, the rest of the releases sound good.

Jul 23 - 09:37 PM

Kunal Moorjani

Kunal Moorjani

Definitely the Deep Blue Seas! Missed it when it was playing...

Jul 24 - 01:10 AM

Dave J

Dave J

I can see myself watching all of them except for "Metropolitan / The Last Days of Disco" for I made attempts watching both of those movies on commercial VHS and for some strange reason couldn't get into them. Maybe if theirs some available commentary explaining to me as a viewer why those two movies are significent as opposed to some of the others made like it!

Jul 24 - 04:24 PM

Kriftonucci

Jim Ylonen

I'd totally be excited if most of these fresh entries didn't come out in LIMITED RELEASE! Can't wait for The Cabin In The Woods, the only good movie that felt like it'd get one but fortunately didn't.

Jul 24 - 04:37 PM

Kurtiss Keefner

Kurtiss Keefner

Couldn't agree more :)

Jul 24 - 08:32 PM

Movies for Tax Day
Movies for Tax Day

Your tax dollars at work, in movies.

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies