Silver City - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Silver City Reviews

September 30, 2004
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium][size=3]"Silver City" flew over my head. I liked Sayles' "Sunshine State," especially Timothy Hutton and Edie Falco's scenes, but didn't get this one. [/size][/font]

[size=3]I saw it at a matinee. The audience members got it; they laughed almost too hard at the jokes. [/size]
[size=3][/size]
[size=3]Now that I can't afford leisure time, Netflix offers me another discount with promises of improved service. I subscribed since I felt suffocated by ... well, boring story. "The United States of Leland," "Twister" (the Tim Robbins one) and political documentary "The Party's Over." But I did subscribe, the DVDs arrived on time, and they're sitting, unwatched, in my apartment. Timing can make a situation better or worse.[/size]
[size=3]On a non-film note: [/size]
[size=3][/size]
[size=3]Am reading "Caleb Williams" in class. I enjoy William Godwin's prose. It flows easy and goes down easy, especially after the long Butler essay. The class discussions merit another entry, which I won't indulge.[/size]
[size=3][/size]
[size=3]I re-read Rowlandson for the American Lit class, although I apparently read it last year in American History. I guess I didn't pay much attention to words on the page last year, among other things, or everything. [/size]
[size=3][/size]
[size=3]I think I'm getting far-sighted. Although this gives me the false mark of an intellectual -- or of a prematurely-aged person -- I need to take better care of my eyesight. Seriously.[/size]
[size=3][/size]
[size=3]Looking forward to a productive weekend, hopefully balanced with DVD-viewing and my Sims. And hoping my sad, sad self can keep me in check. The oxymoron is that my sad self is a happier one, or at least more evasive. I feel like I sidestep stuff more often. [/size]
[size=3]I'll buy the brunette Bitty twins someday.[/size]