• R, 2 hr. 2 min.

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Silver Linings Playbook Reviews

April 17, 2014
Watched this again last night. Got of be one of my top 10 movies.
Apeneck F

November 12, 2013
When's the last time De Niro has carried the weight of his name in anything? And who the hell is this Jennifer Lawrence everyone is so ga-ga over?
This film, an ensemble piece about communal hope (individual hope, yes, too, but remarkably tied to communal hope in this) and incredibly ... family, and dysfunctional family no less, warts, farts, and all, just sparkles.
Okay, sure, the minorities felt tagged onto the whole, sort of a politically correct bow to the current public forum, but other than that ... a jewel.
This David O. Russell is one to watch.
August 14, 2013
I have no words. See the ratings and watch the movie. I must say impressive Jennifer Lawrence for pulling this out and makes my jaw drops for her stunning performance, definitely deserved Oscar winner; thanks for proving me wrong.
Ethan M.
April 15, 2014
Another stinker from David O. Russell. I understand that bipolar disorder is a serious problem and I think that Cooper's portrayal of it is very accurate. Jennifer Lawrence however, is detestable in this film. The whole film she is only focused on herself and abuses Cooper and his disorder for her own personal gain. From lying and forging a letter from Cooper's wife just so he will help her practice for a dance. To lying that his wife will be at the dance so that he will show up, and then when his wife does show up Lawrence gets pissed off and blames it on Cooper! What the f***?! The same goes for De Niro's character who bets almost everything he has on a football game, loses, and then parlay's the bet to include the dance score, just so HE can get his money back. And then, after all this, Cooper falls in love with Lawrence anyway, even though he finds out that she's been abusing his mental illness. Are we supposed to feel sorry for these characters? Are we supposed to root for them? Well not me! I find this film disgusting in almost everyway. From the constant abuse of one's mental illness for selfish needs, to the bulls*** ending, to the fact that Lawrence got an Academy Award for acting like a total f***ing bitch! The only small, single-sided, saving grace for this film is the fact that Cooper's bipolar disorder is portrayed very accurately. It's a shame that almost everyone in the film is so full of themselves to not care or want to help him, just to get what they want. "Silver Linings Playbook" may not have bored the s*** out of me like "American Hustle" did, but it is because of the aforementioned things that it is worse. F*** THIS FILM!
April 13, 2014
There is truly a silver lining for Jennifer Lawrence who continues to become a better actress with each performance. Silver Linings Playbooks is charming, dramatic and wild with great support by Bradley Cooper, Robert De Niro and Jackie Weaver.
Drew B.
April 13, 2014
Silver Linings Playbook is a movie that you have to see twice. The first time you see it, you'll be disgusted by its concept and adapted script, and you'll only be entertained by the acting. However the second time you see it, you'll understand why everything is how it is. The fil has messages scattered throughout it, which all add up to make a beautiful film about overcoming obstacles. It is seen through the eyes of a person who lives in a normal place, in a normal neigborhood, and it will sure leav you with a tear in your eye.
George T.
April 12, 2014
True, emotional, intelligent and, above all, a Jennifer that just blew my mind!
April 11, 2014
The dynamic between Cooper and Lawrence was great. My favorite rom com to date.
April 10, 2014
This movie speaks for itself.
SPERMIAN
April 9, 2014
Unexpectedly touching.
March 16, 2013
This is the best performance of Bradley Cooper's career (Not since his days on "Alias" has he been so likeable), and the best performance by De Niro in decades. Jennifer Lawrence is perfect. All of the characters are distinct and vibrant; even a bit part like Chris Tucker's Danny is brimming with inner-life.

The last act stumbles a bit, losing a bit of the effortless feel of everything that preceded it (The dance contest is, of course, an unabashedly blatant macguffin), but I liked that such a funny, sweet, optimistic, romantic movie could deal with the heavy subject of mental illness in a way that doesn't feel slight. The ending is schmaltzy, but maybe that's okay every once in awhile.
April 8, 2014
Crazy and cute RomCom with a very charming cast, especially Jennifer Lawrence who definitely leads the strength of the Movie. Maybe not the performance of their life but enough to make the audience believes it. However the movie didn't to be 2 hours long but stills a good and fresh entertainment.
April 6, 2014
I thought this movie was brilliant and funny and I want to watch it again.
April 4, 2014
Entertaining, but changed course midway from serious mental health issues to a Hollywood ending
Marie King
March 22, 2014
Full of compelling performances plus a smart script make this film a winner on all levels on all levels
smike18
March 19, 2013
I am not much of a fan for Jennifer Lawrence. This might of had been the first film I've see of hers. I haven't even seen the Hunger Games either. However I did enjoy this film and actually thought this wasn't bad. Of course Bradley still carries most of the weight here with a decent performance from Robert De niro.
March 2, 2013
What Russell gives us is a gem.
jurr09
December 14, 2013
bradley cooper is great
D.A. Zapata
March 29, 2014
I went into this film knowing nothing of the plot and am entirely glad I did so. Its portrayal of various mental disorders was raw and disorienting in the best possible way. Bradley Cooper's performance as a troubled yet incredibly enthusiastic man struggling with bipolar disorder was both heartbreaking and hysterical. That goes without saying Jennifer Lawrence gave one of the greatest performances of her career. You could feel her emotion emanating from the screen and it was phenomenal. This movie deserves every Best Picture nom it receives.
March 27, 2014
Best thing I've seen Bradley Cooper in since the A Team. It felt like it was missing a little drama, everything fell into place so easily by the end.