Simon, King of the Witches Reviews

½ June 30, 2008
Very Ed Wood. Please don't make me see this again.
December 19, 2014
Fun and "groovy" 70's witch flick. Not really a horror film, but with some horror trappings. Surprising darkly comedic touches throughout. Andrew Prine's performance as Simon really caries the film.
½ January 5, 2012
I wasn't sure what I was getting into with this one, and since it turns out to more 'groovy' than 'horror' oriented I'm still a little conflicted about what my feelings are towards it. It's an interesting watch, but felt more like a 'cult' film than a true horror movie, which was what I was expecting.

But if you ever wanted a movie to give you acid trips and witchcraft in the same scene, this is definitely the film for you.

Rental?
February 3, 2014
Simon is an odd character and an odd film and actually pretty tame considering the subject matter. It's not nearly as 'anti-establishment' as it would like to be and, somehow, it manages to avoid becoming pure camp. It you're a fan of odd 70's psychedelic cult fantasy, here you go.
March 15, 2012
Trippy early 70's hippie flick with Andrew Prine, very low budget and nothing special in the way of special effects, but a really well written, witty script and a nice streak of cynicism running through the whole piece. One of the great C-Movies.