The Weekly Ketchup: A "Simpsons Movie" Trailer, "Pirates 3" and "Dark Knight" Tidbits, And More!The Simpsons Movie," "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End," and "The Dark Knight."
Also, the third "Mummy" movie has some interesting plot and casting rumors, and we hear from the horse's mouth about the upcoming "Transformers" movie and possible "Bad Boys 3" (and I'm not suggesting that Michael Bay has equine-like features!). Read on.
This Week's Most Popular News:
Exccccellent New Trailer for "The Simpsons Movie"
Woohoo! "The Simpsons Movie" is starting to feel less like a far-off project and more like an actual, well, movie! The first few teaser trailers were cute and all, but this brand-new theatrical trailer has me itchin' for a visit to Springfield.
Who Wants Some Mild "Pirates 3" Spoilers?
Wow, this is tough. Really tempting and seriously tough to resist: A bunch of plot details from "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" have hit the internet, and I really don't know what to do. I hate spoilers so darn much, but I just gotta know about the "P3" plot!
A Pair of "Dark Knight" Tidbits
We haven't had much "Dark Knight" news since Aaron Eckhart was named as Two-Face ... about three days ago. But today we have two little news niblets, one regarding the arrival of a character that some of you might know -- and the other one dealing with the start of production.
"Mummy 3" Plot and Casting News
While we waited and wondered if Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz would be returning to star in Rob Cohen's "The Mummy 3" -- someone out there was writing a screenplay about their kid! Yep, that goofy little tot from "The Mummy Returns" has grown up, and it looks like he just landed his very own sequel.
Michael Bay Talks "Transformers" ... and "Bad Boys 3"?
With his "Transformers" movie about to move into a worldwide full-court press push, director Michael Bay sat down with MTV's Josh Horowitz to discuss his "robots in disguise" epic ... and that's not all he talked about.
Captain Sao Feng, pressuring Jack Sparrow to give up more "Pirates 3" spoilers.
In Other News:
- Jason Bateman and Allison Janney have joined Jennifer Garner, Michael Cera and Ellen Page in the cast of Jason Reitman's comedy "Juno."
- British ex-soccer player Paul Gascoigne, is following Vinnie Jones in making the jump from sports to acting, by starring in the action-horror film "Final Run."
- Marcia Gay Harden and Toby Jones have signed to star in "The Mist," director Frank Darabont's adaptation of the Stephen King novel.
- Fox Searchlight and New Regency are co-financing the Keanu Reeves vehicle "The Night Watchman," with David Ayer set to direct the James Ellroy-scripted drama.
- HBO has reached a deal to create and distribute feature films, specials and documentaries based on the realistic dolls created by retailer American Girl.
- Steve Zahn has joined the cast of Christine Jeffs' dark comedy "Sunshine Cleaning," opposite Amy Adams, Alan Arkin and Emily Blunt.
- Phoenix Pictures and Mike De Luca Productions will co-finance a feature adaptation of "Already Dead," the Charlie Huston vampire novel, with Scott Rosenberg set write the script.
- British stage actor Andrew Garfield will join Robert Redford, Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep, Michael Peņa and Derek Luke in the Redford-directed drama "Lions for Lambs."
- New Line Cinema is close to signing Neil Jordan to direct the futuristic fantasy thriller "Killing on Carnival Row," and Mark Waters to direct the romantic comedy "The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past."
- "Avatar," James Cameron's much-anticipated sci-fi thriller, has been given a release date of Memorial Day Weekend... of 2009.
- Tribeca Productions, Robert De Niro's production company, has reached a deal with Universal Pictures to start development on "Little Fockers," the second sequel to "Meet the Parents."
- George Clooney and Cate Blanchett have been tapped to voice the lead characters in Wes Anderson's stop-motion animated adaptation of Roald Dahl's "The Fantastic Mr. Fox."
- Maggie Grace will co-star with Liam Neeson in the thriller "Taken," with Pierre Morel set to direct. Robert Mark Kamen wrote the screenplay with Luc Besson (who also serves as producer).
- And finally (or rather, inevitably), Warner Bros. Pictures is planning a feature based on DC Comics' Justice League of America, having hired Kieran and Michele Mulroney to write the script.