Bart to Get Naked in "The Simpsons Movie"?

Summary

Once in a while you'll hear some pre-release nudity news leak out (like that whole Halle Berry / "Swordfish" thing), but generally not where animated movies are concerned. But it looks like we'll be seeing a bit more of Bart Simpson than usual this summer. Back to Article

Comments

jeremyd4

jeremy d

ain't gonna happen.

Apr 25 - 03:33 AM

jeanpaul

solomon sassoon

[b]NUDE NEWS?[/b]
Why is this considered news? I don't get it.
I mean, seeing Bart's naked bum is as "ROUTINE" as seeing Madonna's BOOBS...
You see Bart and Madonna naked all the time. Madonna more often even.

Apr 25 - 03:59 AM

needles

Khan Man

Another very slow news day, huh Scott?

Apr 25 - 05:57 AM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

You seem to think that a lot...

Apr 25 - 07:24 PM

needles

Khan Man

Just calling it the way it is son.

Apr 26 - 03:57 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

considering this show hasn't been funny for about 5 years...and THIS is the "big news"...i'm thinking this movie is gonna suck. yet another great show with the michael jordan syndrome, doesn't know when to quit and eventually is embarassing to watch. thank god Friends didn't make a movie...

Apr 25 - 06:12 AM

SlyDante

Kyle LeClair

[b]...Really?[/b]
How is this big news?? IT'S IN THE TRAILER!!! You can clearly see him nude right there more than once! And even if it wasn't in the trailer, it's not like nudity is a shocking this for The Simpsons! Hell, remember that whole montage at the end of the 128th Episode Spectacular? That was all about nudity!

Ugh, this must really be a slow news day...& Gimy, it's not the movie's fault, it's the f***ing media (see Newsweek, IGN).

Apr 25 - 07:05 AM

TheIceGhost

Harry Myland

It's not the fact that he's naked. That is staple Simpsons. It's the fact that for a brief second (supposedly, anyway) they show his pecker. HIS PECKER. That's what they're reporting. I can't believe they'd do it, personally. Isn't there something morally wrong showing a 12 year olds wang? Even if it is a cartoon?

Apr 25 - 10:51 AM

thinkblue_2258

Melissa Nunez

Exactly. Thank you for finally pointing out what everybody seemed to be missing. It's just creepy and in bad taste. God, what would June Cleaver think?

Apr 25 - 11:21 AM

brian wilson

Erm, 10 year old pecker. Yeah, it really is pretty creepy, especially with Bart. The simpsons have been around for so long that seeing barts water weasel would be like seeing a family members pig in a blanket. At least that's how awkward I'd feel about it. People thought the movie would have Bart losing his virginity? That's even creepier I think.

I was looking forward to the movie since they were bringing back a bunch of the older writers from back when the show was good, but now I dunno. If any of these rumors are half true, I might just skip the movie altogether.

Apr 25 - 11:28 AM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Relax, all. This will not happen. Although, South Park showed Cartman's wang and those kids are only 8-9 (but South Park is a completely different show in terms of content and humor). Still, there is no way something like that will make the cut. It is creepy and all that, but besides that, it just would feel so un-Simpsons and out of place. Must be better ways to pique interest or offer us something we haven't already seen, or can't just see, on TV than showing a characters dick. Not to mention Bart's. I could see Homer or Moe or Barny finding themselves in some perverse situation where they are caught with their pants down, but adult cartoon male nudity might be a whole different animal. Do we really want to have an image in our heads of what any of these character's cocks look like?! The filmmakers, I'm sure, know this and this is just a rumor. How could they even realistically consider this and/or get away with it? And if they did, like I said, I think the backlash would be pretty stong. Not gonna happen.

Apr 25 - 11:43 AM

Paul Barrett

"And if they did, like I said, I think the backlash would be pretty stong."

Only in puritanical America. In European countries, no one would even lift an eyebrow. Nudity in and of itself is neither moral or immoral, it just is. It's the context that makes it one way or the other. I don't remember the country taking to the streets when we saw a naked 4-year-old boy in Parenthood, or a nude boy and girl running around together in Blue Lagoon. I really think this is all much ado about nothing.

Now, having said that, I can see no particularly compelling reason for us to see Bart in the full-frontal, unless they can come up with a really funny reason. And the whole hot dog joke in the trailer is probably about the extent of that.

Apr 25 - 12:36 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Jeez... Yeah, all praise Europe. I didn't mean "backlash" in the sense that people would picket the film for showing a cartoon penis. I meant Simpson fans would think it is a lame attempt at filing seats through shock and awe tactics and none of them really want to see Bart's dick (me included, and I'm a huge fan). It would just feel weird and/or creepy (as many have already said here). The backlash would be because its a stupid move, not because of the content. I agree that Europe generally has a more open-minded stance when it comes to sex in films, but that has nothing to do with whether or not showing Bart's cock is a good idea. We are basically saying the same thing, you just felt the need to bash America for some reason.

Apr 25 - 08:30 PM

brian wilson

Its just what Europeans do best: stare down their noses smugly at everyone else.

As posted above, I'm very much against seeing barts chode, but it's not for "puritanical" reasons. I'm used to male nudity for comedic reasons (Jackass 1 ans 2), and nudity in general doesn't really offend me, but theres just something really weird about seeing barts banana. It would be about as funny to me as my uncle walking into the room buck naked on Christmas morning. I guess that might be funny for other people, but it's not something I'd like to see anytime soon. I know Europeans are used to seeing and enjoy looking at little boys peckers, but I just don't see it selling more tickets over here.

Apr 26 - 12:33 AM

Paul Barrett

And we wonder why the rest of the world thinks we're assholes. Of course, all Europeans enjoy looking at naked boys, just like all Americans drive SUVs and live on 500-acre ranches.

Apr 26 - 09:18 AM

brian wilson

I'm not saying we arent assholes. The thing is though, so is most of the rest of the world. If America were to suddenly sink into the ocean, its not like the worlds problems would disappear with it. The world was a pretty screwed up place before America came on the scene, and I expect it will be after we're long gone. Really it isn't just Americans or Europeans who consider themselves superior, it's pretty much every group in the world. That's the nice thing about the world getting smaller, you realize everyone is a prick in their own way.

Wow i kinda went off on a tangent on that one. What was the original topic again?

Apr 26 - 11:30 AM

Paul Barrett

Agreed. And I think we were originally talking about dicks, which is sort of what got us on this subject anyway. :-P

Apr 26 - 01:13 PM

Paul Barrett

We do agree, and I didn't realize pointing out the differences between countries would be construed as bashing. (Although I guess the puritanical thing was a bit much, but you have to admit as a country we are pretty prudish. Of course, I live in the South, so maybe it's just worse down here) I did think you meant backlash to mean protests and the like, but I see I was mistaken. Of course, given the current political climate, I could easily see protests about something like this.

So we'll consider that we agree, and I was just on my little rant about America. Which, thankfully, I'm still allowed to criticize, although who knows for how much longer? :-)

Apr 26 - 09:15 AM

thinkblue_2258

Melissa Nunez

Apr 25 - 11:21 AM

Apr 25 - 11:28 AM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Apr 25 - 11:43 AM

Paul Barrett

"And if they did, like I said, I think the backlash would be pretty stong."

Apr 25 - 12:36 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Apr 25 - 08:30 PM

Apr 26 - 12:33 AM

Apr 26 - 09:18 AM

Apr 26 - 11:30 AM

Apr 26 - 01:13 PM

Apr 26 - 09:15 AM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Apr 25 - 11:43 AM

Paul Barrett

"And if they did, like I said, I think the backlash would be pretty stong."

Apr 25 - 12:36 PM

Boss Fan

Ron Schuckert

Apr 25 - 08:30 PM

Apr 26 - 12:33 AM

Apr 26 - 09:18 AM

Apr 26 - 11:30 AM

Apr 26 - 01:13 PM

Apr 26 - 09:15 AM

Paul Barrett

"And if they did, like I said, I think the backlash would be pretty stong."

Apr 25 - 12:36 PM

BREAKING NEWS:

PENIS.

BACK TO YOU GLENN.

Apr 25 - 04:53 PM

Mr. Kong

Sam jacobs

You seem to think that a lot...

Apr 25 - 07:24 PM

needles

Khan Man

Just calling it the way it is son.

Apr 26 - 03:57 AM

Apr 26 - 12:33 AM

Apr 26 - 09:18 AM

Apr 26 - 11:30 AM

Apr 26 - 01:13 PM

needles

Khan Man

Just calling it the way it is son.

Apr 26 - 03:57 AM

Apr 26 - 09:15 AM

Apr 26 - 09:18 AM

Apr 26 - 11:30 AM

Apr 26 - 01:13 PM

thinkblue_2258

Melissa Nunez

You all might be surprised, betting they won't do it. Matt Groening is quoted as saying "You'll see anatomy that you may not want to see" in the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly. So I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. And who knows, maybe he was kidding. I wouldn't put it past him to get everyone riled up for nothing.

Apr 26 - 11:06 AM

Apr 26 - 11:30 AM

Apr 26 - 01:13 PM

Apr 26 - 01:13 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday