• Directed By:
    Scott Derrickson
    In Theaters:
    Oct 12, 2012 Wide
    On DVD:
    Feb 19, 2013
  • Lionsgate Films

Good movie with bad ending.

I thought this movie itself was a pretty well made Horror movie, except for the end. I felt like the movie was building up to some amazing climax or reveal that the end scene didn't really live up to. What do you guys think?
SMartel012
11-9-2012 11:03 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Raj Krishna

Raj Krishna

worst movie..writer must b wrking on 2 different scripts..one of murder mystery n another of horror genre..1 n half hrs o movie looked like murder mystery n rest luked lyk horror..n end result was a total fiasco..

Nov 6 - 07:11 AM

Greg Baltzer

Greg Baltzer

bland movie with boring ending. The movie was written with so many horror movie clichés that there is nothing to be surprised about unless you're new(ish) to horror movies.

Sep 28 - 10:39 PM

John Tyler

John *

The ending shocked the shit out of me.

Apr 23 - 08:04 PM

Steven Caldwell

Steven Caldwell

Predictable? Yes, but I still enjoyed watching it. Lack of common sense from the main character? Yes, but if we eliminated that there wouldn't be many horror films left. I think one thing that would've made the movie better, as Ray was saying, would be spending more time making him paranoid. That, at least, could be used to confuse the audience as to what is really happening and what is paranoia. And the demon should never be shown directly, I don't think. Keeping it vague and blurry and never quite distinguishable makes it more eerie and disturbing in my opinion. As for the ending, I wasn't surprised or fulfilled, but I wasn't disappointed either. If you've seen Fallen you'll know what I mean. (although this was a little more radical)

Feb 10 - 07:00 PM

Sara Joudrey

Sara Joudrey

Eh, the ending wasn't SO bad, but it could have been a tad bit stronger. As a whole though, I LOVED this movie. It's been a long time since a horror film legitimately scared me, and this movie delivered.

Jan 22 - 07:56 PM

Ray Butler

Ray Butler

I don't know how much more they could have done with the ending without putting it over the top. I hadn't had any spoilers going into it, I thought he was possibly being stalked by a serial killer, or he was paranoid, until Mr Boogie looked at him, but even then I thought it may be a creative device to show how much stress he is under and the psychological effects of watching snuff films. Few people really know how horrifying it is to watch a real snuff film, I thought I seen one once and it freaked me out big time, can't imagine what it is like to see a real one and know it.

Dec 12 - 04:43 PM

Bertram Krogh

Bertram Krogh

I liked the movie, it was probably the scariest of 2012 when it comes to scares and gleeful horror tension. But, despite you two, I loved the needing. I felt it hit just the right note with the creepiness, and it came as a real surprise to me, which usually is a good thing. Great twist in my opinion.
One of the problems I had with the movie though, was the missing development of the child characters, and other characters than the main character, in general.

Nov 20 - 12:15 PM

Dan Unsworth

Dan Unsworth

I'd have to agree. It was ok until the ending, which I thought was very rushed. It was almost as if they wrote most of the film but came to a point where they said: "We have 90 minutes of script here, so were gonna have to make the ending short and to the point". It was also yet another predictable and cynical ending we see at the end of every horror movie now... they all die.

It'll get to the stage soon where the audience is more shocked when the main characters actually survive at the end of a horror movie. "Mr Boogie" should have stayed at the disco, because hes about as scary as an episode of the Teletubbies.

Nov 17 - 07:31 PM

Don Mcmahon

Don Mcmahon

if you're gonna post a spoiler, give warning, you silly bunt...

Dec 29 - 10:10 PM

Louis Presley

Louis Presley

'Scary children' is one of the most desperate and uninspired things you can balance a thriller on (a new one, I like the Exorcist and The Shining - mind you it was a rather small part of the latter). And the Baghuul was pathetic. I was enjoying the film well enough until it shat its way across the finish line.

Sep 25 - 08:28 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile