• Directed By:
    Scott Derrickson
    In Theaters:
    Oct 12, 2012 Wide
    On DVD:
    Feb 19, 2013
  • Lionsgate Films

leave your brain at the door

This is one of the worst films i have ever seen. reality takes a vacation. Starts off promising but looses its way big time, only a nieve 14 yr old who has never seen a horror could be remotly frightened by this. yeah it has scary music and footage of old home movies that in itself is slightly haunting as your own mind creates a dark history but christ almighty its cheese on toast. unless you are an imbicile avoid at all costs. cant believe the critics gave it 63per cent this to me was the most frightining thing related to this movie. Absolute shite with a capital s.
Darren Dunne
11-22-2012 04:42 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Sarah Connor

Sarah Connor

I agree worst film I have ever seen!

May 25 - 03:23 AM

Jeff Reardon

Jeff Reardon

I just saw this film and I'm pretty flabbergasted to find a good number of bad things being said about it. Some advice to people: don't watch horror movies if you're not a true fan of horror movies - which you're clearly not, if you're cutting up this film. Lucas Pereira Preti is the only one here who knows what he's talking about.

Mar 29 - 04:55 PM

Leslie Lafayette

Leslie Lafayette

I agree with Mr. Dunne. I just rented this bomb, and what a waste of time. There are enough red herrings in this stinker to feed an army of fish lovers. But the most annoying thing is the lighting! Do these people have lamps? Do they ever turn on a light switch? The entire famiily wanders around in the dark from morning to night. When the deputy shows up and says "Good morning" it looks like midnight. 63% of the audience liked this thing? They must have slept through it.

Mar 17 - 09:56 PM

Shannon Woods

Shannon Woods

The only thing that was scary about it was the tapes of the murders, which were terrifying. The rest was boring, played out, and had a rubbish ending. Ethan Hawke's acting was great, but the movie was boring, to put it nicely.

Mar 17 - 10:49 AM

Bryan Calvert

Bryan Calvert

Started strong, around the half-hour mark plunged abruptly into a typical jump-scare-fest with the occasional great build-up and rancid stinking awful payoff, and the whole time I was thinking "When the hell are they gonna take down that branch in the backyard?"

Mar 11 - 10:20 PM

Debbie DeCasper

Debbie DeCasper

tedious, boring, plodding, awful

Mar 4 - 08:18 PM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

What were you expecting?

Mar 5 - 07:03 AM

Chase The Lost

Chase: The Lost Trollfighter

Darren, you're a jackass.

Feb 17 - 04:51 PM

Steven Caldwell

Steven Caldwell

While the movie was predictable and there was no common sense of the main character, I don't think it was shit compared to the majority of horror movies out there. As a literary fan of Edgar Allen Poe, HP Lovecraft, Stephen King, Clive Barker and Richard Matheson - I'm no fool to horror. Could this movie compete in those arenas? No, but only because the execution fell short, not because the idea was lacking. IMHO, if they would've spent more time confusing the audience as to what was real and what was the protagonist's paranoia, and not repeatedly and directly shown the demon, they could have made a much deeper and darker film. All in all, I still think it was worth seeing. I'm not sure what everyone who trash-talks it is expecting.

Feb 10 - 07:11 PM

Liam T.

Liam Tulloch

Darren Dunne has the perfect review here. Creepy music is not creepy if the films shite!

Feb 10 - 05:24 PM

Winston

Kaleb Winston

I agree, it's obviously not gonna be realistic. You're being a bit harsh, even if you hated the plot, Ethan Hawke did an incredible job.

Jan 9 - 03:30 PM

Liam T.

Liam Tulloch

Incredible if you mean he lurched around the house pretending to know what's going on then yes, he was so boring, predictable it was like he was waiting for a bang to happen

Feb 10 - 05:25 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Since when has reality ever been a big theme in a majority of horror films?

Dec 22 - 09:22 PM

Ray Butler

Ray Butler

What horrors are you watching that make this shite? I have seen a ton of horrors and the only way a person could say this is not scary is if they are either a sociopath or they actually get scared and they are feining how tough they are :)

Dec 12 - 04:21 PM

Ray Butler

Ray Butler

What horrors are you watching that make this shite? Agreed with Lucas, you must be a sociopath :)

Dec 12 - 04:15 PM

Jackson Millard

Jackson Millard

shit*

Nov 30 - 06:04 PM

Lucas Pereira Preti

Lucas Pereira Preti

Oh, come on! The plot may be a cliché, but the writing, photography and acting was very good! And if you didn't had to change your pants after the movie, you have no soul.

Nov 26 - 04:33 PM

Shannon Woods

Shannon Woods

Then apparently I'm soul-less. Oh no, Bagule must have gotten to me!

Mar 17 - 10:50 AM

Jason M.

Jason Morris

If you had to change your pants after this movie, perhaps you should stick to the PG rated fare.

Jun 9 - 03:33 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile