Sione's Wedding (Samoan Wedding) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sione's Wedding (Samoan Wedding) Reviews

August 24, 2007
This good especially for those who come from New Zealand XD
½ April 18, 2013
I don't know if this movie will mean much to you if you don't live in New Zealand. It is an affectionate and bawdy view of Samoan culture.
½ October 25, 2011
Ahhh New Zealand, it's good to live here. Aside from the casting, the film is excellent!!!!
½ April 16, 2010
Hilarious comedy! I couldn't stop laughing throughout this movie. Movie about four buddies in their 30's whom still party like they are in their teen years. Known for wrecking previous weddings they have attended, they are now banned from their little brother's wedding from the Elders unless they shape up. haha! Pretty funny movie. :)
June 4, 2012
I have seen this movie many times & love it. It's fun,charming,witty & found that for the time I watched this film was there. Felt as if I was apart of this world in a way. Is it a big budget overly hyped film? No it's not, and maybe thats why I loved it. It's almost like a glimpse into their world. We need more films such as this one in the Usa & other countries. We need to shake the cobwebs out of our minds & broaden our minds. The movie is great fun! As soon as I can buy the sequal..I'll be very happy. Even bought Matariki from an auction site. Hope you enjoy it.
March 24, 2008
The all-Polynesian cast bring much energy and glee to the telling, but American's have been watching movies like this for years.
March 16, 2008
Fun New Zealand comedy about four immature Samoan buddies whose antics continuously ruin the weddings of family and friends. Their church elders ban them from attending anymore weddings unless they can straighten out their acts and bring steady girlfriends to Sione's upcoming wedding. The entertaining commentary track by Naked Samoans comedy troupe members Kightley and Fane provides an educational tour around the beautiful Auckland shooting locales and insight about Samoan culture and customs.
May 20, 2007
This is a great story about four friends growing up. Majority of the cast perform together as part of a comedy troupe, which is reflected in the chemistry of the cast and the impeccable comedic timing throughout the entire film. The actors also show off their versatility in the dramatic scenes, as well. Great writing and great acting turn a potentially cliche premise into a great film.

"Stop. Polo time."
½ February 25, 2007
Good movie....funny, and its a polynesian movie. I didn't the fact that they had a non samoan acting as a samoan. You can really tell their not samoan.
October 9, 2015
My experience of Samoan cinema is not particularly vast, and I doubt it ever will be, this is certainly the first Samoan comedy I've seen and, while it has some humourous moments, it's generally pretty wet, weak, and cheesy. Perhaps I just don't get it as I'm too far from that culture.
November 1, 2013
very unbelievable also hilarious funny!!!!!!!
½ April 18, 2013
August 15, 2012
6 years old but got see it. Wasn't disappointed. Funny and smart. Well done as far as Polynesian films are concerned. I hope the sequel does this one justice.
½ June 10, 2012
K3@ what yous say i loved the movie FTH
June 4, 2012
½ October 25, 2011
January 12, 2012
It was really funny I would watch it all the time
½ January 9, 2011
Love this movie! Found it @ movie stop was worth the buy! Added bonus the men are fine!!!
½ September 26, 2010
I can watch this over and over... I know people that are matches of the characters in the movie.
July 16, 2010
"Soul man, don't be a hater. Be a playa congratulor!" Aucklander's will love it! As we don't see Auckland as a location for films, it's great to see them characterise not only the varied people we have here but to characterise Aucklanders as well is brilliant! Good fun!