Sione's Wedding (Samoan Wedding) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sione's Wedding (Samoan Wedding) Reviews

October 9, 2015
My experience of Samoan cinema is not particularly vast, and I doubt it ever will be, this is certainly the first Samoan comedy I've seen and, while it has some humourous moments, it's generally pretty wet, weak, and cheesy. Perhaps I just don't get it as I'm too far from that culture.
November 1, 2013
very unbelievable also hilarious funny!!!!!!!
½ April 18, 2013
I don't know if this movie will mean much to you if you don't live in New Zealand. It is an affectionate and bawdy view of Samoan culture.
August 15, 2012
6 years old but got see it. Wasn't disappointed. Funny and smart. Well done as far as Polynesian films are concerned. I hope the sequel does this one justice.
½ June 10, 2012
K3@ what yous say i loved the movie FTH
June 4, 2012
I have seen this movie many times & love it. It's fun,charming,witty & found that for the time I watched this film was there. Felt as if I was apart of this world in a way. Is it a big budget overly hyped film? No it's not, and maybe thats why I loved it. It's almost like a glimpse into their world. We need more films such as this one in the Usa & other countries. We need to shake the cobwebs out of our minds & broaden our minds. The movie is great fun! As soon as I can buy the sequal..I'll be very happy. Even bought Matariki from an auction site. Hope you enjoy it.
½ October 25, 2011
Ahhh New Zealand, it's good to live here. Aside from the casting, the film is excellent!!!!
January 12, 2012
It was really funny I would watch it all the time
½ January 9, 2011
Love this movie! Found it @ movie stop was worth the buy! Added bonus the men are fine!!!
½ September 26, 2010
I can watch this over and over... I know people that are matches of the characters in the movie.
July 16, 2010
"Soul man, don't be a hater. Be a playa congratulor!" Aucklander's will love it! As we don't see Auckland as a location for films, it's great to see them characterise not only the varied people we have here but to characterise Aucklanders as well is brilliant! Good fun!
June 9, 2010
Another genuine adaptation on the lives of certain PIs. The representation of the characters felt way more real compared to all the "fairytale-like" Hollywood romance film characters. This doesn't present a new look or idea to the genre but it does do well in keeping the quality with its authenticity, and of course, humour.

I do know people who have this as their favourite movie, or at least one of their favourites. It's a nice movie that would surely entertain.
June 1, 2010
Fabulous Kiwi humor - loved the way the 'boys' play up. great story & so very NZ funny! Great viewing
½ April 16, 2010
Hilarious comedy! I couldn't stop laughing throughout this movie. Movie about four buddies in their 30's whom still party like they are in their teen years. Known for wrecking previous weddings they have attended, they are now banned from their little brother's wedding from the Elders unless they shape up. haha! Pretty funny movie. :)
February 21, 2010
currently watching. hilarious.
½ January 17, 2010
I quite liked this movie I saw it on TV and found it quite funny, Wont win any awards or anything but I enjoyed it.
December 11, 2009
A ok movie. Really funny and sweet at some parts.
October 3, 2009
Laugh Out loud funny and humourus
September 18, 2009
I AM SO ATTACHED TO THIS MOVIE.
I KNOW MOST OF IT OF MY HEART...ITS SOO FUNNY ND DEADLY... i would neva kill this movie lolz =]