45% The Other Woman Apr 25

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 Reviews

movieguru12
movieguru12

April 23, 2008
Very good sequel to the original. I very much enjoyed it. LOVE IT!!! Just great :) :) :)
Wildaly M

December 21, 2008
Good follow-up.
Rachel F

September 11, 2010
The 'Sisterhood' movies are a guilty pleasure of mine. I love all of the different stories and they always cast beautiful men.
YodaMasterJedi
YodaMasterJedi

September 8, 2010
not interested
Megan S

October 2, 2009
Add a review (optional)...
Leigh R

September 21, 2007
A pretty good follow-up. I don't like sequels but this was okay.
Nicki M

August 16, 2008
Not quite as good as the first one, but still worth a watch.
Michael S

January 26, 2009
My sister bought it on DVD; I watched it; I enjoyed it as much as the first one; Don't judge me.
James A

November 29, 2008
Magic pants, this movie is about pants that contain some sort of magic. How was this ever green lit? HOW!?
boxman
boxman

November 27, 2008
[font=Arial][color=DarkRed]The ladies that inhabit [i]The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2[/i] are not the same group of gals that charmed the pants off of me in the 2005 original film. This time the foursome is feeling some strain because they?ve all graduated and moved onto insanely ludicrous positions. Tibby (Amber Tamblyn) is making movies at NYU; Lena (Alexis Bledel) is studying art at the Rhode Island School of Design; Bridget (Blake Lively) is assisting with an archeological dig in Turkey; and Carmen (America Ferrera) is at the Brown theater department where she gets the lead in a summer production. Let?s face it, these are not the down-to-earth genuine girls that were presented before. Was it too much to ask that one of the girls have a modestly plausible scenario? The drama is again split into two camps, the petty and comedic (Lena must choose between boyfriends, Carmen has to practice her lines) and the melodramatic (Bridget still has to deal with her mom?s suicide, Tibby has a pregnancy scare). The movie doesn?t work this go-round because every beat of the plot is wholly predictable (of course the guy Lena flirts with in art class will end up being the nude model), and much of the conflict is just inane. The characters act in stupid and contrived ways because the plot demands it. Sure the condom broke but can?t Tibby get the morning after pill? [i]Sisterhood 2[/i] also packs a baby birth, reunion between granddaughter and the grandmother she never knew existed, and a climactic trip to Greece for some serious girl power. It?s drama overload and lacks the sincerity of the first film.

Nate's Grade: C[/color][/font]
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

January 3, 2008
I must admit that the first movie was better, but this one isn't a failure sequel... The story get a little confusing, combining 3 books into one movie is really a hard job to do... Not a bad story, just a little ordinary, nothing special on it... The cast did a pretty good job than in the first movie because they're grow older and their act was getting better and better... Too bad this is the end of the story of Sisterhood of Traveling Pants... Truthfully, I want to see them again together, at least in another movie...
Matthew C

August 12, 2008
If you have seen the first movie, the second is just as good. Impeccably good acting, and similar scenery. With that being said, if you have seen the first one, it does come off a little as more of the same. Still a great movie to see.
Mark A

August 21, 2008
Disclaimer: This male reviewer LOVES chick-flicks. Not quite as good as the first Pants, but still a lovely romantic melodrama. Few surprises in a pretty lackluster script. I give it high marks however on the strength of the acting from Amber Tamblyn and especially America Ferrera. Each of the girls deals with issues facing many young adults. Loves, loves lost, loves regained, family disfunction, life's options. The friendship is strained by the various pulls each one experiences and the magic of the pants is much more muted, but still lending and overall flavor to the film. Some tender moments that tug at the heartstrings, bordering on maudlin, but this viewer is willing to overlook that. The movie succeeds at what it aspires to be: a feel good movie about four friends who will someday be the next Carrie Bradshaw, et al. Amber Tamblyn's Tibby was a hoot. Her pose as a Goth chick working in that small video store added a bit of comic relief. But the torment of the pregnancy scare was a bit of heavy lifting that could have easily toppled the film. Ms Tamblyn made it just believable enough. I just can't get enough of Ms Ferrera. I want to see her given the chance to carry a film, as she did in Real Women. She radiates from the screen. A dark, exotic beauty and a boatload of talent. America the Beautiful, indeed
Jeff B.
Jeff B.

August 17, 2010
Perhaps, this reviewer is mellowing with age. So, Ugly Betty, Gossip Girl, Joan of Arcadia and a Gilmore Girl all miraculously fit into the same pair of jeans (not all at once, of course, because that would just be silly). And though this would not usually be cause for celebration among moviegoers, the premise (chiefly due to casting, some smart source material, and taking a bullseye shot at the teenage girl demographic) made for an engaging movie about life, love, and loss some three years ago?end of story. This said, resurrecting the Sisterhood would have to go a long way to impress your terminally cynical reviewer. But, oddly enough, this second go-round does just that, spooning out equal amounts of four intertwined stories to rich effect.

In this PG-13 sequel to the teen drama, four lifelong friends (Ferrera, Tamblyn, Alexis Bledel, Blake Lively) embark on separate paths for their first year of college and the summer beyond.

In most movies of this ilk, the young thespians usually need do nothing more than remember their lines, hit their marks, and look pretty. This acting foursome, however, brings much more to the table. Every character plays an integral part and Ferrera, Tamblyn, Bledel, and Lively each bring a clear definition to what very well could have been reduced to stock characters in other actors? hands. A long third act starts to drag the film down, but the fact that all involved chose not to go for a typical Hollywood ending redeems any time-checking on the moviegoer?s part.

Bottom line: A good fit.
Steven V

March 28, 2009
"Sometimes I like to think that the pants got lost on purpose. That this was their final gift to us. Bringing us back together. Back to a place of forgiveness, and love, and in understanding that what we shared was all the magic we could ever need. And as we spent those last few moments of summer, looking out at the blending of sea and sky, I realized it was a color I knew very well. The softly faded, essential blue of a well worn pair of pants. The pants had brought us together again. The rest is in our hands." - Carmen Lowell

After reading the plot, it might feel like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 has stuffed way too much into those wildly decorated jeans, but the movie shows itself to be a great example of intelligent and accomplished editing. Each storyline is touched on, taken in and then moved on from with impeccable timing, never overstaying its welcome and never leaving the audience wondering what was going on with the rest of the girls. Credit is assuredly given to the director, Sanaa Hamri, for her work, but I want to lend a special round of digital applause to the editor, Melissa Kent, for really keeping a well balanced performance intact for everyone involved. There is a palpable level of camaraderie between the four young girls, Alexis Bledel, Blake Lively, Amber Tamblyn and America Ferrera, but how far that lasts when the cameras are off is hard to tell. Personally, the two current headliners, Blake Lively and America Ferrera, stole the show with their respective performances. In the end the movie is enjoyable movie. It's a chick flick in its purest form, but that doesn't mean all the boyfriends and best friends out there have to moan and groan when they get dragged to it.
Dannielle A

August 14, 2008
This one was good, not as good as the first one, but still good. I love how they showed the serious consequences of having sex before marriage and what can happen even when you use protection. The plot wasn't very realistic though, I mean, how expensive would it be for them all to go to Greece and for what, a pair of pants? Come on. And the thing with the nude model... it was just too weird. It was just borderline cheesey with how that type of stuff doesn't really happen in real life. But I love the acting by Amber Tamblyn; she is definitely talented.
xxdebxx
xxdebxx

July 6, 2009
The girls have grown up now and experience conflicts that every young lady faces. The movie was heartwarming and yeah there are some yummy eye candy for us ladies....gee so wish I was an artist. Nice movie to watch with your girlfriends (but I actually enjoyed the first one better.) In the beginning of the movie, the young women have grown apart, but by the end it seems inevitable that the sisterhood will last forever. Feel good chick flick!
Yinalí R

June 17, 2008
Excellent family movie, teaches a lot.
meril l

August 8, 2008
Why the heck didn't Blake have a love interest??? Weird.
As typical and cliched as should be expected, but still sweet, and a story about four strong(ish) young women.
William G

August 6, 2008
Admittedly ideal for its target audience, but every bit the tepid girl-power melodrama that the first one was.