The Sixth Sense Reviews

Page 2 of 2040
½ July 13, 2012
Chilling and sometimes haunting, The Sixth Sense is one of the creepiest experiences you'll ever witness, featuring a remarkable performance by Haley Joel Osment!
March 28, 2014
Even though the twists were unfortunately already acknowledged by its reputation and find it stubborn, it's still a clever, smartly-written supernatural thriller from M. Night Shyamalan at his probable best when benefiting from the cast and managed to create a creepy, eerily atmosphere to stir up small somewhat thrills while also bringing out the hidden good-hearted nature. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
July 26, 2015
En muistanutkaan miten hyvä ja jännä (hui!!) tää leffa olikaan! (y) (Suom. Kuudes aisti)
July 21, 2015
Rating: 82%
With M Night Shyamalan's sure-handed directing and a captivating performance from Bruce Willis, The Sixth Sense is a tense, thrilling classic with one of the biggest, and most entertaining, twists in cinematic history.
½ January 9, 2011
"I see dead people... They're everywhere."

The Sixth Sense is one of the best Psychological Thrillers ever. The first time you watch it, you can't really get a full appreciation for the care that was put into everything from the acting to the writing to the direction. All was perfectly measured to keep the viewer from arriving at the truth until the movie flat out tells you. The second time, with the knowledge of what will happen, the whole movie works on a perfect level.

Cole is approached by child psychologist Dr. Malcolm Crowe. Cole is a very bright, but very disturbed eight year old. He doesn't get along well with the other kids; they think he's a freak. His home life isn't good since his mother and father got divorced. His mom struggles to make ends meet and make time for her son. Dr. Crowe soon realizes that there's more than bad family problems and bullying that is effecting Cole's behavior.

This is undoubtedly M. Night Shayamalan's masterpiece. The movie is creepy at times, but it's not a standard horror film. The Sixth Sense breathed new life into the ghost story genre, and showed that you can take ghosts and do more than the average horror film, does with them. For example, rocking chairs rocking, and doors opening slowly to be thrown shut, all the normal clichés. Like everything Shayamalan does the twist has become the iconic take away from the film, but it's much more than just a big twist; it's a truly great movie.
March 22, 2014
This is M. Night Shyamalan's magnus opus- a heartwarming, evocative story masquerading as a paranormal thriller.
December 29, 2013
The Sixth Sense is a suspenseful thriller that will leave you thinking about it for weeks. The story is unique and the acting is great, even the kid does a good job. The story is eerie and memorable, and it's fully engaging. The premise is creepy and it might leave some frightened, and that's why it's so good. Shyamalan crafts an excellent psychological thriller that will leave you interested, scared, and impressed. This is the director at the height of his greatness, proving a low budget movie can be just as powerful as any big budget blockbuster. The twist end is easily the most surprised I've ever been watching a movie, surprising me so much, I couldn't have been more impressed with the execution of the film and how there are subtle hints dropped, making this an even better re-watch. This is a spectacular movie with emotional depth and a brilliant plot. The Sixth Sense gets 5/5 stars (A+).
June 21, 2015
The Sixth Sense is infamous for its groundbreaking twist, but it endures as a Hollywood horror classic because it boasts a whopper of skin-crawling scares, as well as a heartfelt, powerfully moving story to boot -- and features breathtakingly beautiful performances from Haley Joel Osment and Bruce Willis, allowing both horror lovers and movie novices alike to feel their characters' pain deep within.
June 18, 2015
A well done screenplay assisted by great cinematography and many memorable scenes, resulting in an overall solid movie.
November 19, 2008
I blame this movie for the stupid endings to most movies nowadays.
January 10, 2009
"The Sixth Sense" has such an intriguing premise that evolves into a thrilling ghost story with great scares, genuine fear and a rememberable ending.
October 26, 2005
"I see dead people. Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see. They don't know they're dead."

When asked what my favorite films are, M. Night Shyamalan's psychological thriller The Sixth Sense tops the list for me every time. I know he hasn't been on a role lately, but that doesn't stop me from having high expectations for any of his upcoming projects because I was deeply influenced by this film. Even his following movies, Unbreakable and Signs, rank among my favorites, and I went as far as defending his work in The Happening (which is a guilty pleasure of mine). His latest films have disappointed me, but I still admire his storytelling and the way he builds suspense in his films (he's heavily influenced by another favorite director of mine: Alfred Hitchcock). I'm looking forward to the release of his new TV series, Wayward Pines, which seems like a return to form for this talented director. But I'm even more excited about his upcoming film, The Visit, which will be released in September.

I was 18 when this film came out and I had just passed my final High School exam so I decided to treat myself to the movies that night to celebrate. Up to this point I was simply a casual viewer of movies and enjoyed pretty much everything I saw. I had no idea about film criticism, and when I got to the theater I decided on The Sixth Sense simply because it starred Bruce Willis. I didn't know anything else about the film and was surprised it wasn't another action vehicle from Willis. The film had a very slow and creepy opening, but I was sucked in by the story and the building atmosphere. I was enjoying the strong chemistry between Willis and Haley Joel Osment as the pair were trying to figure out what was causing these freaky visions. There were several surprisingly scary scenes that made me jump out of my seat a couple of times. The score was deeply effective as well. I was hooked from the very opening scene, but I was not at all prepared for the surprising and revealing twist at the end that left me completely blown away and speechless in the theater as the credits began rolling. I was in love with The Sixth Sense and from that moment on I have not stopped praising it.

I can't believe all the signs that Shyamalan leaves behind for the audience while he is telling the story, and we still couldn't see the twist coming. He practically has Osment spell it out in his famous scene with Willis. It was a movie I had to rewatch simply because of that twist, and the second viewing allowed me to appreciate the film even more by catching up on all the symbolisms and clues that the director left behind. In my opinion it is the best twist ever because you never feel cheated by it. I credit this movie for getting me interested in film as an art form, although the transition didn't happen from one moment to the next. The performances from Willis, Olivia Williams, and Toni Collette are all great, but Osment stood out, and it remains one of the best child performances I've seen from a Hollywood film.
December 28, 2011

½ June 3, 2015
The Sixth Sense is a product of reserved filmmaking in every facet. Its story is slowly but surely unraveled with nearly unprecedented attention to every small detail to ensure faithfulness to the film's climactic and disturbing reveal in the final frames. Its imagery is generally dull and uninteresting, and its sound design somewhat pedestrian. Nevertheless, it all comes together to weave a tale of many underlying themes that are supported by a primary story that is poignant and timeless, a tale of love and the importance of life and the spirit both now and forevermore. Directed by M. Night Shyamalan, whose next two films are as equally engaging, and arguably more so, The Sixth Sense is the work of a master filmmaker and one of the finest storytellers of this generation.
½ June 2, 2015
Riveting, with quite a twist at the end.
June 7, 2008
Good movie. Obviously, nobody was expecting the ending. Definitely worth your time.
May 28, 2015
Though cheaply scary but with a very effective sting, The Sixth Sense breathes new life into the supernatural horror genre without sacrificing much the dread it produces.
½ May 28, 2015
The best M night offering is a well done ghost story,a bit of a mindfu33 of a twist that i did not see coming.
February 17, 2013
With one of the best surprise endings in cinematic history, Shyamalan's debut left us all speechless.
May 25, 2015
A tender and complex movie that has a fascinating premise, The Sixth Sense is scary, but it has very warm, compassionate moments and an incredible twist at the end. Bruce Willis and the boy have great chemistry and provide a strong foundation for the film.
Page 2 of 2040