Own Your Very Own Life-Size Skinwalker!

Who doesn't need a giant jean-jacketed werewolf for the foyer?

If you like werewolves and are looking for a conversation starter for your living room, you're in luck. After Dark Films is giving away one life-size Skinwalkers creature, designed by Stan Winston Studios. Tres chic!

Skinwalkers, opening Friday, is a tale of modern day warring werewolf clans (from Canada, eh) battling it out using guns, sex, and their own bloodthirsty urges. One life-size Skinwalker -- a bit Teen Wolf-esque, as you can see from the picture below -- will go to the lucky winner of After Dark's drawing. Who needs a welcome mat when they have this hairy fella guarding the pad?

The contest asks you to send in your opening day Skinwalkers ticket stub (check the official rules for your entry options).

More on Skinwalkers, which appears to be not screening for critics: Thirteen-year-old Timothy (Matthew Knight) and his mother (Rhona Mitra) are about to find out that he's half-werewolf and that their in-laws, full-blooded but benevolent werewolves, have been protecting them for years. A pack of blood-lusting werewolves -- or Skinwalkers -- are coming after Timothy, whose powers will decide the fate of their kind.

While action-horror flicks tend to bear the brunt of critical analysis, this one has a few interesting things going for it. Mitra, better known of late for her television roles (Nip/Tuck, anyone?), looks exceptionally lethal when packing heat, as we'll see next year in Neil Marshall's Doomsday. Elias Koteas, who plays the good werewolf uncle, has matured into a decent character actor since his Casey Jones days (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, anyone?). And there's Jason Behr (Roswell, anyone?), who is possibly the last actor you'd ever imagine as a bloodthirsty bad guy.

By the way, the Skinwalkers contest creature appears to be Behr's jean-jacketed character, Varek, in full Skinwalker mode.

Check the official Skinwalkers site for more info.

Comments

ChinaRises

Mikael Carson

G-d, I just know this movie's gonna suck. I kinda feel bad for Jason Behr from Roswell, that show might not of been of stellar quality (a lot better than most of the crap on the WB though[Veronica Mars excluded]), but he was a actually a good actor on it.

At least Katherine Heigl from Roswell is doing great--what with Knocked Up and Grey's Anatomy. Oh yeah, I also heard the star from the show, Sherri Appleby is dating Anne Heche--that's kinda hot.

Aug 8 - 07:42 PM

gorillagolanking

Matt Golan

I looks kind of like one of those old monster models my dad used to love.

Still, despite this movie looking utterly disastrous I can't help want to own a Stan Winston creature. Maybe I just loved Aliens too much?

Aug 8 - 07:44 PM

Eternity

Zach Heltzel

That means you will have a one in seven chance of winning it!

Aug 9 - 12:58 AM

gorillagolanking

Matt Golan

Good odds. I guess you could just buy a ticket and not even see the movie.

Aug 9 - 02:52 PM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

Is this a b-movie or just a low budget indie film?

Aug 9 - 01:35 AM

Elixor

Daniel Klooster

All that's needed in to replace the 'i' and 'n' in Skinwalker with a 'y' and I might care.

Aug 9 - 05:53 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

wow, thats a scary picture! i mean for christ sake...is that a denim jacket with jeans??? thats a faux paux if i ever saw one. my god...what kind of other horrors will this movie have. please god don't say it....don't...nooooo, short sleeves and a tie?!? NOOOOOOOO

all jokin' aside, this movie looks bad. that character looks like a cross between angel from Buffy the vampire...and Sanjaya from american idol. i guess i can hope its FUNNY bad and not bad...bad...

Aug 9 - 07:44 AM

~*Admiral Snowstorm*~

Dominique Amsterdam

It's probably a B-Movie, Product.

The funny thing about this is that I can't see anyone loving and adoring this movie so much that they'd actually want a lifesize Skinwalker in their house. I mean, I loved The Thing and The Fly, but that doesn't mean I want a changeling or a Brundlefly in my home. And lifesize, nonetheless. Action figures are one thing, but fullscale models...Heh. Well, I guess congrats to the poor soul who actually wins this thing and is proud of himself (Betting it's a guy).

Aug 9 - 08:43 AM

Product_of_You

Steven Edwards

Of course it will be a guy. I can think of one good use for it though... if you are the type that puts together your own haunted house it could be good to stick around a corner to scare the kidies.

Aug 9 - 10:10 AM

gorillagolanking

Matt Golan

Good odds. I guess you could just buy a ticket and not even see the movie.

Aug 9 - 02:52 PM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday