Skyfall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Skyfall Reviews

February 7, 2016
Skyfall is a beautiful, action packed, smart and well written entry to the Bond franchise. Featuring lush cinematography by Roger Deakins, a much more emotional focus on Bond than we've ever seen before and a great villain played by Javier Bardem. Even though I still prefer Casino Royale, Skyfall is definitely one of the best Bond films and in my opinion one of the best films of all time in general. You don't even have to be a Bond fan to watch this film, go see it now!
½ February 6, 2016
My full opinion: 9.3/10
October 30, 2012
From the moment when Daniel Craig began to play James Bond, they show with every new movie that yes they can make it worse than last one was. Skyfall is one of the worst 007 films.
½ February 4, 2016
Not my favourite of the bond films but still was quite existing and and a relatively good watch.
February 1, 2016
Great movie, Daniel Craig still the best bond I've seen. In this tale that goes back to his childhood, it's great to see a fresh new Q as well, spoilers, M, sadly.
½ January 29, 2016
same plot as the spy who loved me just made to fit modern time and era not worth see I think that it was a waste of money this one I should have waited to come on dvd the villain just remade to moonraker and the spy who loved me and combined into make the skywalk film 1 half stars don't always believe what rotten tomato put up do you research before going to see the films that lack anything really new
March 27, 2013
One of the best Bond movies of all time. Excellent.
January 24, 2016
Bond is all grown up and serious, and that is a lot better than it sounds.
July 24, 2015
While it has moments of action and thrills, Skyfall has too many holes and uneven pacing to make it memorable.

Full Review: Inexplicably overrated, Skyfall jumps between action that's only there to keep viewers from boredom and a remarkably forgettable plot that consists of Bond matching words, getting saved by magic mermaids, and ripping off home alone. Ultimately, it's hard to remember anything but the explosions and the ridiculous plot holes. The narrative itself feels like a by-the-numbers hero vs. villain story with some emotional development thrown in here and there.
January 19, 2016
Very watchable but far too much of an emotive plot for a bond film.
½ February 17, 2013
Darker than most but necessarily so. Also better than most newer ones (hard to compare to old ones, different times)
½ December 23, 2012
A big step up from Quantum of Solace
January 15, 2016
best James bond movie ever.
½ July 20, 2013
much better film and great comeback to the disaster that was Quantum of Solace. Packed with more action and adrenaline, as a Bond film should be. The only drawbacks would be that Silva may be a little too simplistic of a villain and the ending could be considered a little too chaotic, but otherwise a fine film.
½ January 19, 2013
Some nice cheeky wee lines. Not sure the ludicrous interpretation of Scottish landscapes did our tourist trade any good though. Great scene between Bond and Q in the art gallery.
March 27, 2013
Skyfall Is A Milestone In The Bond Franchise Its One Of The Best
½ November 18, 2012
I enjoyed the movie but the first half was much better than the second half. If they could have kept up the Bond action and look and feel of the first half it'd be one of the best movies ever. As it is - we'll have to settle for 4.5 stars instead of 5. Still pretty good by any standards! Go see it. It's a great Bond movie!
January 1, 2016
Unusually, much of this film is spent in the UK, though with the more common slightly dubious plot and silly villain. I just wish it was a bit more enjoyable, but at least it wasn't as bad as the previous film.
March 22, 2013
I forgot I saw the movie, so I guess that I can say it was very forgettable.
December 28, 2015
In my opinion it's the best Bond movie, you will be hooked in the first five minutes.