16% Transcendence Apr 18

100% Hannibal: Season 2
96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Skyfall Reviews

April 15, 2014
It felt like every other action movie ever! I never thought I would see a final stand scene in a Bond film.
J M.
April 15, 2014
"James Bond, that fans, remember seeing, in all the old 007 films, has run its course."

Everything runs its course, then it has, to take, a rest; God only knows for, how long, before, the cycle, will, start back, up again. In this case: the theme, of James Bond, that fans, remember seeing, in all the old 007 films, has run its course. Did the grosses go down from playing the same old typecast over with a fresh face? Good guess would be yes.

New character that has some of the similarities to the original; completely new direction. I did not like this film.

~

I give this film an F (Failure)
November 10, 2012
Is it odd that after 50 years they actually are capable of putting out the best Bond film ever?
April 15, 2014
just a teny-tiny less impressive than casino royale....
November 13, 2012
At almost 60, I have grown up with 007. My first, greatest Christmas gift was the attache case from "From Russia With Love". Terribly sorry, but with the departure of Connery, the franchise lost it's spirit and survived by resting on laurels alone. With Skyfall, the franchise is FIRMLY back on track after far too many years of drifting off. Craig is the very next best Bond, the humor is back in check, and we are back to the serious business of secret agenting. Bravo, Mssrs. Mendes, Wade, Logan & Purvis.
Just James
March 21, 2014
Daniel Craig is back as Bond with a whole new look and style in Skyfall, the 23rd movie in the explosive franchise 50 years running. Skyfall is directed superbly by Sam Mendes, he has reinvented Bond. The cinematography is stunning, perfected by Roger Deakins from the neon lit buildings of Shanghai to the cold and atmospheric look of Scotland. This is a must-see for all Bond fans and for newcomers it's exciting and unforgettable. Daniel Craig is brilliant as Bond as he battles Javier Bardem who is one of the best bad guys ever, who reveals part of M's past played by Judi Dench, this being her best outing as M. Naomie Harris is excellent, she is very witty, sexy, has strong chemistry with Bond and plays the part of an devoted field agent extremely well. Berenice Marlohe is stunningly beautiful and is so mysterious, the first shot of her in the shattered window of a Shanghai skyscraper will make your jaw drop at her hotness, and in her final scenes you feel her fear. The cast are to die for and they all blend together nicely. The action scenes are awesome, the opening sees Bond and Eve in pursuit of Ola Rapace's Patrice, racing through the crowd filled streets of Istanbul, to the rooftops of the Grand Bazaar on bikes which all leads up to a train chase which is insane. Bond takes control of a digger which is strapped to the train and starts to rip up the carriages and sends cars tumbling off the tracks. Naomie Harris speeds alongside and cuts the chase by shooting Bond. Then comes in the Skyfall song, which is amazing, performed by Adele, it's got such a Bond feel/sound to it. The last act rivals with the first, the action is explosive. Silva and his men shoot up the "Skyfall" mansion eventually ending in one massive explosion, but it's the final face/off in the church where viewers will be on the edge of their seats totally gripped, some may even find it sad and a massive shock, I certainly did. Skyfall has everything a Bond movie needs: Fantastic action sequences accompanied by a great soundtrack, a stunning cast, beautiful Bond girls and a very patriotic feel especially towards the end, Skyfall is another hit for the franchise. I still prefer Quantum a little bit more, but it's definitely better than Casino Royale, this will stand in the top 10 Bond films and it is Craig's best performance as 007.
Apeneck F

April 12, 2014
Mendes comes in, sees what's been wrong with the franchise and boy, is he mad. He decides to reboot, screw this crap, reboot the bastard in mid-stream. Taking elements of the new and fusing them with the classic stuff he grabs the electric paddles and jumpstarts the old series, the old spy (shaken but not stirred), jumpstarts the tuxedo to life.
And he's alive ... he's aliiiive.
Jardem plays the Bond villain as openly gay (How many Bond villains are gay? "What makes you think that you're my first," says Bond) and with a malevolent joy not seen in awhile ("I KNOW I'm bad, what of it?!"), invigorating the proceedings. And the story sets in place not only Craig as the new Bond (finally, as the two films previously failed to do) but also leaves you waiting for the next entry, leaves you waiting even for a remake (Thunderball?).
Bravo.
About bloody time.
And now Cubby can rest.
April 12, 2014
One of the most overrated movies of all time.
January 19, 2014
It was good but we need a better actor to play 007
March 27, 2014
After the so-called average flick 'Quantum of Solace', Sam Mendes brought his wit to the screen in order to create this riveting spy thriller. 'Skyfall' has taken a turn leaving behind the typical action-reliant content of the other films and instead delves deeper in attempting to explore Bond's childhood. Mendes has beautifully constructed an emotional flick that epitomizes what a Bond film should be all thanks to an extremely talented cast and crew. Javier Bardem's Raoul Silva is one of the greatest villains to have ever graced the franchise and is portrayed perfectly within Roger Deakins' beautiful cinematography. Mendes has created what is possibly the most British Bond film there has been in a very long time, a traditional Bond flick rife with perfect performances from Craig, Bardem and Dench and a powerfully intense story.
November 23, 2012
The villain is convincing in neither his brilliance nor his deviousness, the plot has one too many conveniences and inexplicable occurrences, and the action is just slightly underwhelming. While Skyfall may be monstrously overrated, it isn't bad, though it just barely isn't good enough.
June 7, 2012
Amazing movie. One of, if not the best Bond movie. Mendes did incredible with the directing. Craig gave yet another perfect performance as Bond, Dench did great again as M, and Bardem best Bond villain. He was like the Bane and Joker of Bond series.
tehe
March 16, 2014
With a powerful Villain (which is great sign for a movie) and great action. Skyfall successes with a powerful storyline and action sequences that are out of this world. The only bond movie (yes I know) is one of the reasons why I'll continue to watch the Bond movies. Overall the movie was pretty well done. 9.2/10
April 6, 2014
Excellent performances by Craig and Bardem --although the film still lives in the shadow of the initial installment of the Craig-era Bond franchise.
December 14, 2012
This might just be the best Bond movie ever. Daniel Craig is better than ever. Much much improvement over QoS.
Patrick King - REEL BRIEF
April 4, 2014
Craig. Daniel Craig. He's on my Top 20 Favorite Movie Actors list of all-time. Craig's James Bond performs as well as can be expected with a weak story that left me wanting to place my red laser scope on the target silhouettes of both director and writer. Oh bloody hell, in Bond flicks I want clever and witty...and in "Skyfall" I saw bland and nonchalant. It w...asn't until after halftime in this rather long movie (2 hrs, 23 min), did the plot begin to show emotion and put points on the scoreboard. But it was too late. Unfortunately, the only real Bond Girl with any screen time turned out to be MI6's own Judi Dench as "M". Ugh. The movie did not invest in or develop the characters enough for viewers to care about. "Casino Royale" remains the high water mark for Craig; but perhaps most surprising, "Skyfall" failed to even rise to the level of the lackluster "Quantum of Solace". Her Majesty and moviegoers deserve better. Grade: C.
laeticia b.
April 3, 2014
James Bond, Skyfall was directed by Sam Mendes in 2012. It is a very staggering popular movie. The main characters is James Bond , a famous secret agent, play by Daniel Craig. His rival, in this movie was Silva, an old secret agent torture for saving M , play by Judi Dench. This movie, takes place in all the world, in the same years of is publication. The plot is about the nearly death of James Bond. Because of that he is weaken and more human. This movie is riveting, comelling, with lots of action very amazing! I very recommend this film to anyone who loves action!
December 16, 2012
Everything comes full circle in Sam Medes' Skyfall. For the first time in decades, we get another memorable villain played by the brilliant Javier Bardem. The minor characters also have a significant role in the overall plot of the film. While I still prefer Casino Royale, Skyfall is probably one of the best Bond films we've seen in years.
October 31, 2012
La primera película de James Bond que vi y me pareció buena. Tuvo mucha intensidad y buenas actuaciones de Craig y Bardem. No es la mejor película de acción, pero merece un reconocimiento.