67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Skyfall Reviews

Paul2k2
September 17, 2014
Finally the bond makers have redeemed themselves.

Lets be completely blunt. after the woeful 2nd bond film of Daniel Craig's Bond career (Quatum of Solace), you could literally poo on a plate and film it sitting there, and it would be more entertaining.

Skyfall is what we've all been waiting for. Finally a Bond film that matches up to the other old epics and wipes good old Quatum of Surplus off the face off the filming earth.

You have a great story, a great villain in Javier Bardem and even Daniel Craig seems to have Bond flowing with a certain new sort of charisma we havent seen since the connery days. There are also some visually great environments in this film and we even get some gadgets finally! Yes they are minor and they are slowly making our mouth water, making us wait for the more ridiculous gadgets of the Bond genre, but we are getting there which is the main thing.

Good film, good script, very good cast, good gadgets and a good ride. check it out.
October 14, 2012
Brilliant. Absolutely stunning.
Syed A.
September 12, 2014
Those who doubted that Craig doesn't look convincing as Bond (including myself at one point) would be speechless. his charm definitely transcends his looks, and given a solid script and a director capable of delivering Bond-ish thrills, Craig does wonders.
The Tornado
January 31, 2014
It's exciting, gripping, and thrilling. The acting was great, the script was well-written, it was thoughtful, and it's just really fun. Although, I have to say that I liked "Casino Royale" a bit more than "Skyfall".
DanOMovieguy
November 15, 2013
Skyfall is a riveting and exciting movie. The action is spectacular, it's intense and well shot. The acting is great, Craig's brooding Bond, Judi Dench's strict but caring M, and Bardem's frightening villain. It's dark, thrilling, compelling, and a lot of fun. The story is very interesting, with a terrorist hacking into MI6. The idea of Bond losing his touch and having to come back to the world after an incident is very interesting, and his rise back to the best spy on screen is very well done. The opening scene is great, showcasing action, suspense, intrigue, and the best Bond theme song to date. The climatic third act brings on some very emotional scenes and is highly suspenseful. There are a few minor plot holes, but this is truly a fantastic movie. Skyfall gets 5/5 stars (A+).
September 3, 2014
Skyfall is a average bond film and it has a good and funny villain. Daniel Craig is awesome as bond even with the humour. Love this 1.
March 28, 2014
"Skyfall" is a different kind of Bond movie
September 2, 2014
Skyfall is powerful, intelligent and agile, and more than another Bond film since Goldfinger surprised me so much. Daniel Craig brings to life one of the most iconic characters in film history. The performances of Judi Dench and Javier Bardem are just wonderful. Sam Mendes (American Beauty) brings a touch of charm in Skyfall, turning it into a James Bond's masterpiece thriller with lots of action and sensuality! I can say that only thing: Skyfall survive all the great action movies of the year, like Zero Dark Thirty and Batman. Breathtaking, Skyfall is surprisingly alive and elegant and I hope so much Daniel Craig will be the next James Bond and bring us more action and power!
August 31, 2014
Mr. Craig is, in my humble opinion, the best bond this franchise has had. His first two outtings in the iconic tux where intertaining as well, but this movie allows him to find a more broad range, and fleshes out 007 into a full character, instead of just a super, womanizing bad ass...
CC B.
August 6, 2013
Skyfall is a very entertaining movie with a great villain and a good story.
Narayanan A.
July 26, 2014
79%- One of the best Bond movies in my opinion!!!! I have never considered James Bond films to be great as there were many horrible movies in the series. Although this film had many over complications on the story, it still has great action, interesting story and superb climax to keep the 007 fans entertained.
August 28, 2014
Love the 007 movies but this one was the best! Great action and. Suspense very entertaining
October 13, 2012
You know he's name and that is Jame bond. This movie as good action and good original song from Adele
August 24, 2014
this movie, regardless of what is said is so poor that I could not watch the whole thing, will never see a Bond movie again, that bad. Steve
March 15, 2013
Skyfall (Sam Mendes, 2012)

A little less than an hour into Skyfall, it was too late to stay awake, so I paused it and went to bed. The next morning, I asked on Facebook if I was the only one who found it a confused, muddled mess, and given the outpouring of love for it, wondered if it got better. The unanimous answer was yes, it got a lot better, so I went back to it that evening. Less than a minute after I turned the movie back on, there was Javier Bardem. Javier Bardem has the almost singular quality of making every movie he appears in a better work, and his presence in Skyfall was sorely needed. It stayed better after that, and for that I was truly grateful.

As we open, Bond (Daniel Craig in his third outing as 007) is in the throes of trying to save a fellow agent, Ronson (TV stalwart Bill Buckhurst in his first feature appearance), who is in danger of death, against the express orders of M (Judi Dench) and Eve (28 Days Later...'s Naomie Harris), the third operative on the team. Things go south, and we end the sequence with Bond hiding away somewhere in the tropics, turning his love of a good shaken-not-stirred martini into a nightmarish bout with dependency until he chances on a new report about a terrorist attack on MI6 headquarters. Bond returns, only to have M tell him that before he can go back out into the field, he has to pass all the tests again. And all this while trying to figure out who's got MI6 on the defensive, and how he seems to know so much about their movements, defenses, and infrastructure...

I ended up looking at that first hour as setup-a whole lot of setup. And I am not sure the movie would have worked without it. This is a very meta Bond; if you were to look at a spy movie where the main character wasn't known for quaffing martinis, the slip into alcoholism in the tropics wouldn't be nearly as meaningful, and that's only one of the places where the film pays lip service to updating the character for modern sensibilities. (The new version of Q, amusingly played by The Zero Theorem's Ben Whishaw, is the most notable bend in this angle; the new Q has dropped the focus on gadgets and is far more interested in cyberterrorism. For the good guys, of course.) This almost by definition makes the film vertical-market; if you are not already an established fan of the series, Skyfall will not only not do anything to convince you, it may well drive you off. And yet, once the film takes off, Daniel Craig, Judi Dench, and Albert Finney as Skyfall's caretaker (the film's namesake estate, the Bond family pile in Scotland) all turn in their A levels with aplomb. This is the Daniel Craig of Layer Cake, the Judi Dench of Iris, the Albert Finney of The Dresser. And Bardem? He just has to show up to bring his top-level game; I can think of a single Bardem movie I've seen where he didn't tear the screen apart (For the record, it was Días Contados, I've seen eleven Bardem films, and he was the star of the movie that has topped my top 1000 movies list since 2000, Before Night Falls). Mendes directing his first non-R film may have been a strength rather than a weakness; he flirted with that line every chance he could, and in the process managed his most successful blend of talkiness and action yet. Well, seventy-two minutes of it, anyway. Pity about the first hour. If you're already invested in the series, you need to see it, but then you don't need a review to tell you that. If you're not, start with something more accessible-either version of Casino Royale, Live and Let Die, and A View to a Kill are all good starting points for the series. ***
October 21, 2012
It's certainly wonderful to see that Bond is back. "Skyfall," being a grandiose Bond film, not only celebrates 50 years of James Bond on the big screen, but also reminds us that he'll ALWAYS be around.
January 10, 2013
Mendes shoots 007 directly into reality along with a frighteningly nerve wrecking screenplay. While Craig continues to impress me as a fine Bond, Bardem impresses even more as not only intelligent and contemporary, but the most suavely portrayed Bond villain yet.
November 22, 2012
A true modern action film, beautifully shot, competently done in all areas, easily making this the best Bond film yet.
Dakota L.
July 12, 2013
Brilliant! Crag once again teams with Dench and is joined by Fiennes to bring the best Bond yet!!! Action, suspense, and a hint if sensuality complement this feature to make it an action-packed thriller!!!!