Sleepwalking - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sleepwalking Reviews

½ March 4, 2014
A solid movie but nothing really outstanding to take it to another level.
November 17, 2013
Another film showing the useless and empty lives of American white trash that is exemplified in this dull movie. The manipulative antics of the daughter lead one to wonder why the director did not have her shot at the end of the movie it would have made a better ending. Selfishness and irresponsibility add to the mix declaring that most Americans are just not worth having around. Nibbles: Tomatoes.
April 26, 2013
Despite its snail's pace, the acting is truly spectacular. Robb and Theron in particular were fantastic.
April 5, 2013
I fell asleep 3 words into the plot.
November 11, 2012
Brave and dark with a stark realism, plus strong and effective performances from it's main cast and a especially young Jodie Foster-esque turn by Annasophia Robb
½ July 13, 2012
This is one sad movie! Not much else to say about this one!
½ July 6, 2012
Le gentil tonton un peu timide et benêt se prend en charge et devient un père pour sa nièce, abandonnée par sa mère...
½ June 14, 2012
Slowburning brilliance. Touching and subtle.
April 29, 2012
Even though the pacing is slow, it is a really good movie. Spoiler:
I find it interesting that the hero is a child abductor and killer... it really makes you think.
February 8, 2012
this movie had good performances and i was really interested at the beginning but the shitty ending ruined da whole film. I thought itd be a deeper movie.
April 4, 2011
March 14, 2011
Charlize Theron gave me headache just seeing the 1st 5 mins of this movie..Being annoying with her typical performance,..
February 11, 2011
Decent performances with interesting plot.
June 4, 2009
James Reedy, é um homem que leva uma vida simples e ordinária até o dia em que sua sobrinha é, aparentemente, abandonada pela mãe, sua irmã Joleen. Ele então, se vê obrigado a cuidar da menina, fazendo com que tenha que confrontar seus medos e fantasmas do passado.
December 22, 2010
despite the strong and crude performances,sleepwalking is just a depressed movie with little to tell.
½ October 5, 2010
The acting was very good in this movie, a little sad but realistic drama this is.
½ September 26, 2010
This movie was intense to me. There were parts I would have done different but other then that. It had a good story and Nick Stahl won my heart in this. HE was so good. I just cant believe it. So was Anna sophia Robb and Charlize Theron.

This is a touching story of an Uncle and his niece and James and his sister and their background and pain. Dennis Hopper is hardcore wicked in this movie. It would have been good to have like more flashback in this.

But the part that made me cry the most was when he was in his bed ..after drinking and the woman was wiping his forehead. And he cried so much and you could feel the pain in your stomach. It just made tears run down my face.What a great wonderful touching scene. Great actors and good story. I recommend. So much pain in this movie.Sickness and the effects of it.
½ March 10, 2009
A rather somber and slow paced drama anchored by truly fine performances. Nick Stahl and AnnaSophia Robb, the movie belongs to them.
deano
½ March 11, 2008
Wonderfully life drama about the relationship between a 12-year-old girl and her uncle.
Superb, naturalistic performances by the three lead actors, Nick Stahl, Charlize Theron and AnnaSophia Robb, make us truly care about the people they are portraying and the things that are happening to them.
In Sleepwalking the scenery and climate could not have been more dull, barren and depressing. There are boring, depressing highways that go for miles without any beautiful scenery. Every location in this film is flat, dreary and depressing. This added to the disturbing impact of the movie. The people who live in the area of the movie are colourless, dull and depressing.
LWOODS04
July 26, 2009
Cast: Nick Stahl, AnnaSophia Robb, Charlize Theron, Dennis Hopper, Woody Harrelson, Deborra-Lee Furness, Callum Keith Rennie, Amy Matysio, Shannon Jardine, Simon Chin, Ken Mitchell, Jean Freeman, Troy Skog, George Grassick, Mike Ennis, Alexandra Fox

Director: Bill Maher

Summary: When James's (Nick Stahl) sister, Joleen (Charlize Theron), shows up with her 11-year-old daughter, Tara (AnnaSophia Robb), he doesn't think twice about welcoming them into his home. But when Joleen skips town without her daughter, James is thrust into a role he's grossly unprepared for. At risk of losing Tara to foster care, James hits the road with his niece. Along the way, the pair develop a genuine bond and discover a true sense of family.

My Thoughts: "Although I liked the film, it had many potholes. It really didn't fill in some of the blanks for me. But for what it was, it still a good film. Nick Stahl and AnnaSophia were really good in this. Dennis Hopper, was good in this as well. His character is a controlling, hateful man. Its so easy to hate him in this film. As many probably have, or will say, this movie is quite depressing. It really never lightens up. It's a bit slow in some spots and could have ran a little shorter in time. But all in all a good enough flick with a sad and disturbing story."