Slither Reviews

½ May 17, 2015
I don't know how to say this. This doesn't happen often I'm actually very rarely disgusted by anything. This movie just makes me feel sick, literally. Believe me I love the walking dead. The thing though about people eating till they burst and worms coming out of them just made me wanna vomit. Aside from that I guess its okay. Just that fact which is really central to the movie just ruined it for me.
January 23, 2007
An excellant Sci-Fi Horror Comedy that pays tribute to creature films of the 80s. This gorefest has many laughs as well as chills. This film reminded me of the old creature feature films I watched as a kid. One of the best Horror films of 2006.
½ September 20, 2014
It takes a while for its comedic throwback elements to kick in, but once they do, Slither proves to be an entertaining low budget horror romp with fun characters and unique visual style.
March 3, 2015
A funnily pretentious film, but the first forty something minutes are very boring until out of the blue a scene in the bath tub grabs you at your CGI heart strings and the horror finally begins only to eventually fall back into uninteresting plot that tries not to take itself seriously only adding fire to the flames. The only thing great about this film is its visual and special effects. As a horror film it is not scary nor frightening, only in one scene with the family that met there slithery end is when it get a little close to sinister. Along with a plot ripped from another film Invasion of The Body Snatchers, get ready to watch a film made by a film-crew that would not know horror if it forced it way down there throats. A asteroid crash-lands on earth in an American southern town, that will be the new breeding place for an alien race that has lived for millions of years, but some-how falls in love with an earth-girl.
½ January 30, 2015
With some dark humor along side some gory moments, Slither proves be some fucked-up shit!
January 22, 2015
A gross but funny horror comedy.
½ December 13, 2007
This is an odd little horror film that's almost too cheesy but it sort of all works.
January 11, 2015
Its doesn't get campier and more B-movie than this. Its a wonderful and very funny tribute to horror-comedies.
January 13, 2015
Great director - fantastic '80s homage horror - soooooo entertaining
January 13, 2015
Let me say this first: slither is an extremely Americanised film. And it doesn't work. The first ten minutes of the film are up to the standard of, well, almost none. Granted the film does get better, but the ridiculous acting thats done in a way which suggests the film is entirely serious, drowns the film. The screenplay, by Gunn, barely pulls any laughs. I guess his answer to shaun of the dead (for which he also wrote the screenplay) is utter garbage. Granted, the film picks up pace as it continues but there is only one real funny scene at the end. The accents are cringeworthy and hard to love, making it really hard for the audience to sympathise with them. You kinda want the alien zombie things to win. But, as slither scales into hollywood clichés, of course that doesnt happen.
This film, frankly, is a mess of gags, slime and blood. Just not the funny type
½ December 13, 2014
mengingatkan akan film Evil Dead trilogi, dead alive, dan film sejenisnya...
May 7, 2012
A horror comedy that genuinely got under my skin with tentacle rape scenes and managed a few laughs as well.
November 25, 2014
One of my favorite movies, Nathan Fillion and Elizabeth Banks are excellent and hilarious!
½ November 6, 2014
A great homage to 80's low budget B-movie horrors. Gross and funny with good effects and movie fun. Modern comedy horror, that works! Good cast too. 6.5/10
½ November 3, 2014
Extremely gory alien creature feature with delightfully funny throwaway lines amongst the gore. An asteroid breaks up over a sleepy US town and delivers a horde of slugs which then inhabit the population. Gunn does a great job of keeping the pace busy and it is enjoyable ride but not for the squeamish!
July 22, 2014
Nathan Fillion & Elizabeth Banks Vs. Evil Parasite Alien Things. It's a recipe for hilarious disaster.
½ October 6, 2014
Really fun throwback to 80s B-movies with a totally game cast and incredible practical/special effects! The film is non-stop entertaining and that's largely due to the hilariously, cooky dialogue, in particular from the mayor, played by Gregg Henry. The story is incredibly simple (and very reminiscent of Night Of The Creeps) and wastes no time explaining the monster's origins, and puts all the focus on the horror goods! This is a really disgusting movie with all kinds of gross sound effects and very unique bloodshed; not for the squeamish. Don't expect it to scare you, just have fun with it and relish in it's cheese! The scene in the barn is one of the most memorable and insane things I've ever seen, so be ready for that shit!
September 4, 2014
Why had I not heard more about this??

I'd seen the cover image around the place, but this deserves much more attention that it got.

Great fun horror comedy, with Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Banks, and a excellent hilarious performance by the always-awesome Michael Rooker.
August 25, 2014
I was inspired to check this film out because it was the directorial debut of James Gunn, who recently made the oh-so-excellent Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a gross-out B-horror movie about alien slugs that take over people's brains and turn them into zombies. And it's about exactly what you would expect from that description. It's fairly clever in its execution, and it has some good performances (I especially liked Michael Rooker from The Walking Dead as the main villain/host to the slugs), but it's generally pretty conventional. Some memorablly disgusting creatures aside, it doesn't stray that far from well-worn horror formulas. It's fine if you like this sort of thing, but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see it unless you're either a horror fan or a James Gunn fan.
August 10, 2014
So underrated. This is one of the most entertaining horror movies I've ever seen. It's hilarious and features perfect practical effects. Not a single dull moment.