67% The Maze Runner Sep 19

—— New Girl: Season 4
83% Sons of Anarchy: Season 7

Slither Reviews

September 4, 2014
Why had I not heard more about this??

I'd seen the cover image around the place, but this deserves much more attention that it got.

Great fun horror comedy, with Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Banks, and a excellent hilarious performance by the always-awesome Michael Rooker.
August 25, 2014
I was inspired to check this film out because it was the directorial debut of James Gunn, who recently made the oh-so-excellent Guardians of the Galaxy. It's a gross-out B-horror movie about alien slugs that take over people's brains and turn them into zombies. And it's about exactly what you would expect from that description. It's fairly clever in its execution, and it has some good performances (I especially liked Michael Rooker from The Walking Dead as the main villain/host to the slugs), but it's generally pretty conventional. Some memorablly disgusting creatures aside, it doesn't stray that far from well-worn horror formulas. It's fine if you like this sort of thing, but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see it unless you're either a horror fan or a James Gunn fan.
August 10, 2014
So underrated. This is one of the most entertaining horror movies I've ever seen. It's hilarious and features perfect practical effects. Not a single dull moment.
November 29, 2008
Captain Tightpants as Sheriff Tightpants.
August 2, 2014
Oddly enough, a film that pays homage to--and even pokes fun at--the B-Movie horror genre, is one of the best horror films ever made. There are parts of this movie that will have you laughing out loud, and other parts that will turn your stomach a little...or a lot.
August 2, 2014
It is basically 'Night of the Creeps. Really good though. Some good gags, Banks is smoking hot, Gregg Henry defines the balls.
September 1, 2011
Pure, cheesy, B-movie joy!!!
June 17, 2007
A zombie, alien, gore, comedy..what more can you ask for? The film is probably the best horror/comedy film since Shaun Of the Dead! Slither has an amazing GORE effect that's gross out, violent, disgusting, and definitely not for those with a weak stomach. The SCARE is probably seeing how gross and realistic the worms look and the visual effects that's just so epic and bloody against its low budget. Overall, it's a damn FUN and very entertaining underated film to watch for the thrills, great kills, and skillful effects. James Gunn's Slither is really a horror/comedy creature film at its finest!! [A-]
July 28, 2014
Really gross and over-the-top, but the film isn't trying to be a serious film or a particularly horrifying one. Definitely a good one to rent, order pizza, and watch with friends.
April 15, 2011
Seriously, one of my favorite horror movies.
July 18, 2014
From the director of the fun-filled, borderline family-friendly GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY comes...one of the few horror movies to almost make me puke. Not because I hated it, but because it's just plain gross. Do NOT watch if you have a thing about creepy crawlies. 0-0
July 24, 2014
One of my favourite movies of all time Slither is a gross, majestic blend of the 50s Blob and Zombies directed by schlock auteur James Gunn. Hilarious, well acted and disgusting Slither is a prime example of what the 'Troma style' can become if you throw money and skill at it. Starring Nathan Fillion and Elizabeth banks and with capable assists from character actors like Greg Henry, Slither is a fantastic movie that proves how far schlock cinema can go (and how good it can become) in capable hands.
July 15, 2014
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is about to open and I thought I'd check out a film of its director, James Gunn to get a feel for his style. If that movie is even half as fun as this film, I would say that it's a success. This B-movie sci-fi horror-comedy is so much fun. The plot is simple: A strange alien-like virus crash lands on Earth and starts to take over a small American town. The plot is a mishmash of a lot of films and features lots of references to classic horror and sci-fi movies, all the while making you laugh and giving you a scary thrill ride. Sure, the plot's derivative and in some sense, it's kind of predictable but there's so much fun B-movie stuff in here and such obvious love for the genre that you find yourself really caught up with it.
January 5, 2014
Got a chance to revisit this. Still shocking, still bloody, still damn enjoyable.
June 26, 2014
Well acted, funny and just about enough gross B-movie
June 25, 2014
Didnt find it nearly as comical or likeable as other horror type of films that like to take stuff lightly, and I highly disagree when some compare it to movies like Shaun of the dead, as the whole movie works pretty much as a comedy, unlike this one which is pretty much a good enough sci-fi film with qwerky and cheesy moments that are not always in tone with the scenario or the story or the characters. It mostly feels like a typical invasion horror movie with a few ideas added to it, but I found them to be so few and far from each other that upon the ending I could only say "meh".
June 2, 2014
Not for the squeamish. Not at all.
May 20, 2014
A great homage to the genre. Equally disgusting as it is entertaining.
May 13, 2014
Funny horror look at a typical small town and its personalities reacting to an alien invasion.