• Slither

SPERMIAN
April 9, 2014
Decent horror flick.
December 11, 2007
It's nice to know that tongue in cheek horror exist. Perfect performances and good effects make this a laugh out rump! Gunn's film is masses of nostalgic fun if you grew up with body horror of the 1980s. And just plain gross fun if you didn't. Done with a knowing wink and a nod, Slither doesn't offer much in the way of scares, but makes up for it in laughs and decent banter and a number of well executed gross out moments.
March 26, 2014
Love it, a good example of how gore and black comedy if well made. is really effective.
Tommy Wiseau
March 20, 2014
All I can say is, W T F !!!
March 17, 2014
One word, Delightful. Bravo James Gunn, Bravo!
December 25, 2012
Nathan Fillion!!!!!!!!!!
March 14, 2014
Made with a knowing wink and a smile, this is an enjoyable and very funny hybrid of 50's alien invasion B movie and gross out 80's body horror
James Croxton
March 10, 2014
Gross out films typically aren't my cup of tea, but this film pulled it off!

Tips before watching:

1. Murder all snails and slugs in and around your property.
2. Double check the above tip.
3. Empty out your system to prevent unwanted "issues".

After using the three pointers noted above, you should be ready to watch this film. If not, I apologize.
Skaj C.
March 8, 2014
Jabba-the-hutt-space-alien-virus-zombie plus the charming personalities that are Nathan Fillion and Elizabeth Banks make for a good movie, add to that James Gunn and you have one of the most fun, strange and gore filled movies I have seen in a while.
Rating: 3.9
The Fox
February 23, 2014
Love ya, Nathan Fillion. <3. Full review soon.
February 1, 2014
Un Increíble homenaje alas películas de serie B Tan divertido pero ala vez tan grotesco que se vuelve una experiencia visual excelente
January 5, 2014
Excellent horror genre film.
dannystamper
January 3, 2014
I loved this movie. If you enjoy horror movies from the '80s, you should enjoy this one.
Robert C.
January 3, 2014
I need to re-watch this. I might have to bump it up to 5.
June 7, 2013
It is the merely invisible line between horror and comedy that makes this movie a cult classic. Roger Corman would be proud.
December 13, 2011
Truly entertaining. But as like-able as the whole affair is, it feels like more of a lateral step from Night of the Creeps than an elevation.
November 7, 2013
Yes..this is cheesy...yes the special effects aren't anything special. But this was made to be reminiscent of the cheesy horror movies of the 80's such as Night of the Creeps, Slugs, Critters, etc. This movie has some great actors tho. Nathan Fillion, Elizabeth Bank and Michael Rooker. I love watching this in all its gory beautifulness.
November 4, 2013
Neat little throwback to creature-feature horror that's more "Tremors" than it is "The Thing". Pretty stiff ultimately, with basically all of the humor misplaced and/or inopportune and a lot of the dialogue ranging anywhere from cringe-worthy to embarrassingly bad, especially in the final stretch. Still, cool idea, so-so execution, that's also in parts unfortunately misogynistic. "Super" was an improvement narratively-speaking, if not a vast one. Worth seeing for the practical effects alone. Hope James Gunn is able to translate this sort of geeky enthusiasm for character and genre but on a larger scale with next year's "Guardians of the Galaxy".
October 24, 2013
As a delightfully gory homage to b-movie horror, Slither walks the tightrope between scary and funny with ease.
October 23, 2013
A meteor falls to earth and ends up infecting Michael Rooker and he becomes the host of it to spread and grow on earth. He ends up impregnating a girl at the bar who spawns off parasites who turn people into brain dead like zombies. Nathan Fillion is also the sheriff, but I never felt his scenes really took off like they could from his other work.

Rooker really stole the show for me. Unfortunately, partway through he just about disappears and it isn't as enjoyable for me. I really liked the first half, but the second half couldn't interest me.