Slither Reviews

August 27, 2015
James Gunn delivers his best with Slither, shaping a cult film with disturbing levels of grotesque and a heart in the center; his decision to go for the most predictable ending, however, hurts it considerably, especially when rumors have it that this wasn't his original intention.
August 13, 2015
I have to say, I'm really not normally into gross-out horror. But this is so skillfully done, I'm glad I finally got around to watching it. There were quite a few moments I genuinely laughed out loud, so while it wasn't scary (because gross-out isn't scary to me), the combination of gross and comedy was really intelligent.

Something else I found intelligent, and I may have been seeing what I wanted to see, were the subtle feminist messages. Stuff like the teenaged girl being the only one in her family to survive because she was able to kill the worm with inherently feminine things, such as a long manicure and a hair straightener. And when the same teenage girl saves the police chief, I thought it was both funny and pointed of the film to make a point of saying the male chief would claim that victory for himself.

All in all, despite the weird premise, I didn't find the gore boring and pointless. It was funny, entertaining, and sexual metaphors actually disturbed me a little. Anytime something is done to a woman's body without her consent (including and especially when things are inserted) it reads a metaphor of rape to me, and those always disturb me. It was an excellent movie.
July 17, 2015
Pam where's Jim??? LeL yeah pretty funny end of the world alien apocalaypse film. Evolution, Faculty Slither are all in the same box. bet they all came out at the same similar times. I'm going to check now. Slither was a bit OTT but was still enjoyables.
July 27, 2013
The special effects were terrible and the story was ridiculous, but it was still a reasonably entertaining monster movie.
May 29, 2007
I enjoyed the campiness factor of this film. The creepy crawlers are not scary, they're disgusting and I think that's why this movie's comedic nature worked. I did like the simple storyline and the fact that the film makers made fun of people that live in mid-America were more droll than flat-out mean. Even though the main lead characters were not fully explored, the side characters made up for it. For instance, the mayor was interesting because he's satirical yet still somewhat likeable. Think of the film as an alien film turned into a zombie movie. Although a little more focus on the alien lifeform could have elevated this picture in a new level, it's still not bad. This movie will suit anyone who is easily disgusted. It reminded me of the 80's with films like "Dead Alive."
½ August 19, 2013
Lovingly crafted creature feature. So gross that you can almost smell it. Snappy, funny dialogue and priceless details. This is really well put together.
June 24, 2015
I think Slither could have been a lot better, but it's still a ton of fun. Gross, gory and funny as ever!
½ May 17, 2015
I don't know how to say this. This doesn't happen often I'm actually very rarely disgusted by anything. This movie just makes me feel sick, literally. Believe me I love the walking dead. The thing though about people eating till they burst and worms coming out of them just made me wanna vomit. Aside from that I guess its okay. Just that fact which is really central to the movie just ruined it for me.
January 23, 2007
An excellant Sci-Fi Horror Comedy that pays tribute to creature films of the 80s. This gorefest has many laughs as well as chills. This film reminded me of the old creature feature films I watched as a kid. One of the best Horror films of 2006.
½ September 20, 2014
It takes a while for its comedic throwback elements to kick in, but once they do, Slither proves to be an entertaining low budget horror romp with fun characters and unique visual style.
March 3, 2015
A funnily pretentious film, but the first forty something minutes are very boring until out of the blue a scene in the bath tub grabs you at your CGI heart strings and the horror finally begins only to eventually fall back into uninteresting plot that tries not to take itself seriously only adding fire to the flames. The only thing great about this film is its visual and special effects. As a horror film it is not scary nor frightening, only in one scene with the family that met there slithery end is when it get a little close to sinister. Along with a plot ripped from another film Invasion of The Body Snatchers, get ready to watch a film made by a film-crew that would not know horror if it forced it way down there throats. A asteroid crash-lands on earth in an American southern town, that will be the new breeding place for an alien race that has lived for millions of years, but some-how falls in love with an earth-girl.
½ January 30, 2015
With some dark humor along side some gory moments, Slither proves be some fucked-up shit!
January 22, 2015
A gross but funny horror comedy.
½ December 13, 2007
This is an odd little horror film that's almost too cheesy but it sort of all works.
January 11, 2015
Its doesn't get campier and more B-movie than this. Its a wonderful and very funny tribute to horror-comedies.
January 13, 2015
Great director - fantastic '80s homage horror - soooooo entertaining
January 13, 2015
Let me say this first: slither is an extremely Americanised film. And it doesn't work. The first ten minutes of the film are up to the standard of, well, almost none. Granted the film does get better, but the ridiculous acting thats done in a way which suggests the film is entirely serious, drowns the film. The screenplay, by Gunn, barely pulls any laughs. I guess his answer to shaun of the dead (for which he also wrote the screenplay) is utter garbage. Granted, the film picks up pace as it continues but there is only one real funny scene at the end. The accents are cringeworthy and hard to love, making it really hard for the audience to sympathise with them. You kinda want the alien zombie things to win. But, as slither scales into hollywood clichés, of course that doesnt happen.
This film, frankly, is a mess of gags, slime and blood. Just not the funny type
½ December 13, 2014
mengingatkan akan film Evil Dead trilogi, dead alive, dan film sejenisnya...
May 7, 2012
A horror comedy that genuinely got under my skin with tentacle rape scenes and managed a few laughs as well.
November 25, 2014
One of my favorite movies, Nathan Fillion and Elizabeth Banks are excellent and hilarious!