Complete Oscar Winners List Here!

Summary

Slumdog Millionaire raked in eight Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director for Danny Boyle. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button took home three Oscars, Milk and The Dark Knight won two. Below, you'll find all the winners from Oscar night, from Best Actor (Sean Penn) to Best Supporting Actress (Penelope Cruz) to Best Live Action Short (Toyland). And don't forget to browse our full red carpet gallery, our own live analysis of the ceremony on Twitter, our rundown of all the Best Picture winners throughout history, and, of coruse, our full Awards Tour, a one-stop shop for awards season coverage. Back to Article

Comments

LinoBrocka

Maynard Maleon

This is why I hate biopics.. you imitate a person correctly and you're up for an Oscar already. That's just like a comedian doing a serious impersonation.

Feb 22 - 09:08 PM

Superzone

Link O'Fett

My disappointments of the night:

Sound Editing and Sound Mixing: Wall-E should have one these hands down.

Visual Effects: While not a big deal, I think Iron Man should have won this.

Original Song and Original Score: Again, Wall-E got boned.

Best Actor: Absolute BS. Nothing against Penn, but I am disgusted that Mickey Rourke didn't win.

Feb 22 - 09:09 PM

hammershu

Tommy Shumate

I for one actually predicted Sean Penn would win and I am so happy he won. What a tremendous performance from an incredible film! Hooray for Sean Penn and his perfect speech!

Feb 22 - 09:10 PM

Zontar

Kenneth Linck

I appreciate all the love for Iron Man, but I think that, technically, it's pretty easy to realistically create a shiny metal man who frequently gets dented but does not seem to get dirty. The Button effects seem like they'd be tougher to do, at least to me.

Feb 22 - 09:12 PM

trgdr777

C Ferguson

Slumdog's song was better than Wall-E's.
I did think Wall-E deserved sound editing, though.
Benjamin Button's special effects were a lot harder than Iron Man's. It was really a technical marvel. Anyone who is downplaying the effects in that film needs to go read all of the stuff they had to do. It's pretty crazy.

I'm happy for Slumdog Millionaire. I loved that film, so it was nice to see it do so well.

Feb 22 - 09:13 PM

LordBraska1999

Justin Overdorf

WOW homophobic much...

Feb 22 - 09:14 PM

Tmurph824

Tim Nurphy

Mickey Rourke got screwed! Did anyone else find the manner in which they presented the acting oscars bombastic and self-indulgent? What ever happened to the oscar clip? That is usually one of the most entertaining aspects of the show.

Feb 22 - 09:14 PM

religion s.

new name

dark knight should have won.

Feb 22 - 09:15 PM

Solonik -.

Solonik -

Yes, TDK should have won.

Feb 22 - 11:10 PM

James T.

James Tillman

First I want to say I really thought mickey rourcke should have won but having said that...For all the Milk haters out there: It wasn't about a gay guy, it was about a man who fought for what he believed in and got killed for believing what he believed in.

Feb 22 - 09:15 PM

Anakin

Drizzt Reznicek

anyone here think hoffman in capote was overrated as ****? or is that just me?

Feb 22 - 09:15 PM

Andrew M.

Andrew Mehegan

Not at all. Hoffman was amazing.

Feb 22 - 09:18 PM

Anakin

Drizzt Reznicek

ok well i just wanted to know cause everyone i ask thinks he was outstanding. my only complaint is that he didnt really show that much emotion. i mean anyone can go around talking with a lisp and yes he did a great job impersonating capote. but to me there should be more than just looking and sounding like someone.

Feb 22 - 09:29 PM

Andrew M.

Andrew Mehegan

I watched The Wrestler and Milk, and I definitely preferred Sean Penn to Mickey Rourke. His Harvey Milk was amazing, so much fun to watch. I thought that the Wrestler was slow at times, and Mickey's portrayal was a little too muffled.

And Captain of Team Loyalty is definitely gay for Wall e. Weird robot fetish or something.

Feb 22 - 09:16 PM

jeanpaul

solomon sassoon

After the hopeless, pessimism loving, hateful, villian loving that won last year (i.e. No country and There will be blood, etc.)-- the Academy has at last redeemed itself by honoring movies which truely inspire and salute the better in Life and people, like "SlumDog Millionaire".

This is a MUCH BETTER YEAR in the Oscars than last year was. Thank God really for that.

Feb 22 - 09:16 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

I agree. Many dark, somewhat depressing (nonetheless great) films lately. Slumdog deserved it. Loved the way the acting awards were presented, they should stick to that. Great that Heath won, and Kate!

Feb 22 - 09:21 PM

Tmurph824

Tim Nurphy

Are you ****ing kidding? You loved the way they presented the awards? You are retarded. There is nothing else to say. That pisses me off that you are so ****ing stupid that you think that.

Feb 22 - 09:23 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

That pisses you off, so much so that you have to ****in ignore all the goings on to focus on anyone who focuses a=on the presetation, I think you are the retard for just picking on people who think other than you, sorry for not being a conformist and having a different opinion. Entertaining show!

Feb 22 - 09:59 PM

jeanpaul

solomon sassoon

After the hopeless, pessimism loving, hateful, villian loving movies that won last year (i.e. No country and There will be blood, etc.)-- the Academy has at last redeemed itself by honoring movies which truely inspire and salute the better in Life and people, like "SlumDog Millionaire".

Feb 22 - 09:17 PM

religion s.

new name

you're all wrong

Feb 22 - 09:18 PM

Andrew M.

Andrew Mehegan

Not at all. Hoffman was amazing.

Feb 22 - 09:18 PM

Anakin

Drizzt Reznicek

Feb 22 - 09:29 PM

Tmurph824

Tim Nurphy

JeanPaul, this year isn't even close to last year. Slumdog isn't in the same league as No Country For Old Men, There Will Be Blood, or Michael CLayton.

Feb 22 - 09:20 PM

Anakin

Drizzt Reznicek

Slumdog is so much better than "no country for old men and michael clayton." There will be blood is a different story. Slumdog was amazing. yes some of it was contrived but who gives a damn. no country for old men was a one trick gimmick.

Feb 22 - 09:24 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Feb 22 - 09:21 PM

Tmurph824

Tim Nurphy

Feb 22 - 09:23 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Feb 22 - 09:59 PM

Ryan K.

Ryan Kenedy

I totally agree with Tmurph, 07' was such a better year for movies than 08'. O8' was good for blockbusters, 07' had much better quality

Feb 22 - 09:23 PM

Tmurph824

Tim Nurphy

Feb 22 - 09:23 PM

ZenFan

Dylan Hair

Feb 22 - 09:59 PM

Anakin

Drizzt Reznicek

Feb 22 - 09:24 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

<em>Unbroken</em>
Unbroken

Trailer for Angelina Jolie's latest

<em>The Hunger Games</em>
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

<em>Jimi</em> Trailer
Jimi Trailer

Clips: Andre 3000 plays Hendrix!