• R, 2 hr. 1 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Slumdog Millionaire Reviews

Lucas A.
May 23, 2014
Captivating, thrilling, funny, delicious and moving. A visionary work of glory, hope and love.
March 28, 2009
anything Danny Boyle, is good.
Well so far.
October 24, 2010
A dazzling and emotionally powerful film that celebrates the spirit of being human. Though it is far from the "feel good movie of the year" (as advertised), the extreme highs and lows of Slumdog Millionaire take the viewer on a rollercoaster of epic proportions. Of all the dramas I've seen, this is by far one of the best. It reminds me of a symphony, with its ups and downs and twists and turns, and a Greek epic written for a contemporary audience. One of my all time favorite movies.
Almar
July 3, 2014
Dont Know What it is about this movie, i've only watched it twice but it touched me so much, from the beginning stages of Jamal, salim and latika's younger years to the climactic end, this movie is incredibly entertaining, and in the end very rewarding, slumdog millionaire is a tragic, funny, at times violent but ultimately a love story of that is unforgettable and resonates more with each view.
June 29, 2014
Danny Boyle made this tale in such an emotionally establishing way that it succeds on almost every level when it could have been as cheesy as it sounds. The story follows an Indian "Who wants to be a millionaire" contender as he answers his way through memories from his whole life too find the girl of his dreams because it is his destiny. Anyhow, the shots of the Indian slum and at the same time watching kids who live there, making the best with what they can. Heartwarming
June 27, 2014
One of the most authentic and captivating films of the past ten years.
June 27, 2014
One of Boyle's best movies that deservedly won best picture.
March 25, 2009
My family loved it I found it boring and predictable extremely overrated
Akash V.
June 24, 2014
I was certainly on the wrong end of this film which others seemed to really enjoy. To me it seemed like one of the most terribly cliched and predictable movies where the lovable loser wins at the end and gets the girl and the money.
After the first 20 minutes of the film, I knew how it was going to end. Well, let's just say I won't be recommending this film to too many people.
May 10, 2014
"Slumdog Millionaire" is a truly heartrending, pulse-pounding, and electrifying filmic feat that clearly defines the unequivocal talent and mastery within the mind of Danny Boyle.
Face of Canada
August 2, 2010
Energetic in a way you wouldn't expect, Slumdog Millionare tells the ultimately happy tale of a boy who rises from poverty to prosperity against all the world can throw at him. Sterling performances abound, while the loopy and colorful visual style is complimented by the thumping score composed by A.R.Rahman. Definitely one of the better films of 2008, and a wonderfully uplifting story at the end.
Warchief
November 3, 2010
"So are you ready for the final question for 20 million rupees?"

After coming within one question of winning it all on the Indian version of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?," Mumbai "slumdog" Jamal Malik is arrested on suspicion that he cheated his way to the top.

Slumdon millionaire is many things, it's a romance film in the vain of romeo and juliet, it's an underdog story in the vain of the Karate Kid, its a foreign film, an academy-award winning blockbuster, a tearjerker, and a feel-good film all rolled into one package, and also one of the best pictures of 2008.

Slumdog Millionaire also has a lot of style, stemming from Danny Boyle directorial efforts, which will help keep many people from wrongfully walking away from a viewing of this film because of it being partially in a different language and completely void of any hollywood actors.

While Danny Boyle's direction shines in this picture, the screenplay is what makes this picture what it is. It's an arresting work that is clever enough to take the strengths of such a widespread phenomenon as "Who wants to be a millionaire?" and turn them into genuinely flavorful cinematic elements.

Slumdog Millionaire is a heartfelt romantic journey that ranks as one of the best films (and most profitable) of 2008, and it accomplishes this without any hollywood actors and a script partially written in another language.
February 24, 2014
Some movies a happy ending is a cliche, but in this heartbreaking story you can't help but smile.
June 8, 2014
Excelente película, mas parecida a "Ciudad de Dios" de la India, una película con una realidad muy dura y cruda, pero con un final feliz.
March 11, 2009
The Wrestler was better. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was better. 'Nuff said.
Nikhil N.
Nikhil N.

June 5, 2014
I tend to enjoy dark movies because the emotional reaction is greater for me than that of "happier" movies, for lack of a better word. Slumdog Millionaire, however, makes a powerful case for "happy" movies. Slumdog Millionaire is a wholly life-fulfilling epic about destiny and love that is expertly directed and colorfully shot. And when the film cuts rapidly in a hazy stop-motion-like effect, and the color from the streets reflects on our fated protagonists, and the music kicks in overwhelmingly, its hard not to leave with a smile on your face- and tears in your eyes.
February 27, 2012
Llena de buenas intenciones, esta profunda ventana a la urbanidad mundial entrega esperanza es cada fotograma.
June 18, 2011
It may have some noble intentions, but that can't make up for Slumdog Millionaire's unbelievably contrived/manipulative story, horribly shallow characters, and ridiculously unfocused direction. Slumdog Millionaire may very well be the most overrated film within the past 10 years.
June 3, 2014
Danny Boyle is a rock star, and this film just shows it again. There are few other directors out there that are so cable of blemish visuals and music together. But he doesn't just make cool music videos, he creates and emotionally charged story. Slum dog is no exception. The best thing is while the story is quite common and familiar, it is set in a different world that many of us have not seen it. Boyle does a fantastic job of bringing that world to us.
June 1, 2014
This is one of my favorite movies of the 2000's decade. Great story and amazing cinematography. This film deserved all the Academy Awards it won including Best Picture.