Smiley - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Smiley Reviews

March 2, 2016
It was alright until the end. There isn't enough of an explanation to really leave you satisfied.
½ November 14, 2015
The concept of Smiley himself and how he comes to be is interesting but the execution is bad. Also, not enough is said about who smiley really is and how this all started. Most of the actors were bad, though a couple of them did a good job. The guys playing the cops were pretty generic and boring, their lines seemed to be delivered with no feelings. The movie did have some good parts though and some scenes were scary. If the story had been developed more and if it had a better ending, this could have been rated 6/10...but the ending was lame! So, I give it 5/10 or 2.5/5 There are better horror films out there.
October 16, 2015
It builds up enough suspense to deliver a few scares and the plot isn't as terrible as most modern horrors, but Smiley isn't enough to be entertaining as a story.
½ October 16, 2015
The story itself is unfortunately lacking but the directing gives it a slight potential.
½ September 12, 2015
Urban legends and the Interwebs - have they ever been truly scary? They've tried numerous times to blend the two with mixed results, and this film is no different. I decent enough slasher I suppose, the conjuring of a serial killer with chatroom slang just feels a little silly, but I guess the viewer is in it more for the kills than anything else with these films.

A middle of the road experience, rental is my call.
½ August 19, 2015
This movie does NOT deserve the hate that it got despite the last few minutes of the film which were horrible the whole film was very well directed and edited. And the Acting was very good!! DONT LISTEN TO HATERS
½ August 17, 2015
Its really well made its just the acting. but i love this movie
July 10, 2013
When your film is a rip-off of "Cry_Wolf" and the best actors you can get are Internet celebrities stop making films immediately!
August 13, 2015
Bad acting aside,if you're going to piece together multiple horror movies into this one horsecrap borefeast then you got to pick better ones to rip off.
July 27, 2015
Not as bad as the reviews said, but the acting was pretty bad.
½ July 27, 2015
I feel like that one teacher who tries to be "hip" wrote this movie, and thought kids actually say Lulz
November 20, 2013
Some harsh reviews here for this film. Is it a horro masterpiece well no but it has an interesting (though not really original) premise at least and the actual killer look is awesome,The mask is creepy as hell.

I think the ending is responsibly for a lot of the hate,the makers just couldn't help themselves with the twist ending that's pretty poor
½ May 9, 2015
Can be a bit repetitive at times, but overall a pretty good film.
½ October 5, 2012
this was a joke trailer at first on youtube some asshole decides its film material hires shane daweson and tobuscus because they know their subscribers will see it
½ March 28, 2015
Worst acting I've seen in a long loong time!!
March 27, 2015
Gotta feel sorry for kids these days, growing up with shockingly terrible horrors like this. I will toss this into my 'somewhat ashamed to have watched' pile.
½ February 8, 2015
This movie sucks its a shame when you have to get these YouTube stars to play in a movie that when you know it sucks
½ March 10, 2015
This movie was so terrible. The ending was the only good part about this film. Just another one of those stupid little legends.
½ February 15, 2015
A misfiring techno-horror that is essentially a rehash of plenty of other better films with this style and plot.