—— Hercules Jul 25

76% You're the Worst: Season 1

Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 Reviews

Anthony L

May 5, 2011
Not only is this one of the worst sequels I've ever seen but it is also one of the most bizarre films I've ever seen. In a strange way it keeps you interested because you just want to see what kind of awfulness will come next but why anyone decided this would be a good idea is beyond me. Stupid and amazing.
September 3, 2012
You cannot have a Bandit movie without the man who MADE that bandit. The reason you watch this all the way through is because you like the characters that are still here
oklahomarebel2010
January 31, 2009
I kinda liked this one even though burt reyonds was only at the ending, but I liked it that they kept it open, that the chase will always keep going.
July 8, 2012
One of the most bizarre sequels i've ever seen
February 20, 2012
Stupid, dumb and plot less this film is one of the worst excuses for comedy that I have ever seen.
March 29, 2013
Jackie Gleason was so ego-mad he thought he could play BOTH Smokey and the Bandit in this sequel. His turn as the Bandit has never seen the light of day. This movie is the studio's frantic effort to salvage what could be salvaged from the project and make it a watchable film. It fails miserably.
March 20, 2013
An interesting thing about this is that Jackie Gleason was actually intended to be the bandit at first, though in the end, in order not to confuse viewers, they decided on - get this - Jerry Reed as the Bandit. It's about as equivalent of an excuse as making a seque- oh wait. Needless to say, the only reason I watched this is because of the three-disc set from this DVD.
March 11, 2013
The only reason to watch this is for Jackie Gleason still being great as Sheriff Buford T. Justice. Jerry Reed took over as The Bandit whereas he should've just stuck to singing.
J.J.Shevy
April 14, 2012
Smokey & The Bandit 3

Well, this third S & B movie was far from the best movie I have seen in my life. And here you got the reasons why that is.

For starters, the bandit, meaning Mr. Burt Reynolds wasn't even in the movie, and he is the bandit for crying out loud! And they didn't have the original «Smokey & the bandit» Theme music. They made some new music that fit the movie well, but still. The casting was some what bad. I mean, you have got the snowman (Cletus) and you have got smokey senior (sheriff Buford T. Justice) & smokey junior (Junior Justice). Not to mention Big Enis and Little Enis, the rich SOB's that is always throwing money around and who are always looking for a good time. You've got a lady whom is randomly picked up on the road, just like «Frog» in the two first movies. No, I most certainly would not call this a good movie, the first two were good, but this one disappointed me to a degree that can't be described.

Still, it had some good in it. Like the comments and lines that actually were funny. I have to admit that this movie did make me laugh more than once. So, as I said it wasn't all bad.

Snowman as the bandit? Are you fucking kidding me?! There is one bandit, not two, not four, nor five, no, there is, and I hope this gets through to you. There is, but one bandit!
Snowman outside his truck is wrong. It's like big Enis and Little Enis, Smokey senior and little smokey Junior. They should not part. Not now, not ever!

There is so many things that is wrong with this movie that I can't mention them all, but because there were so few good things about it, I can try and list them up.

You have got those lines that made me laugh, there were extremely few of them, but still, they made me laugh. And you have got your car stunts, this movie's car stunts compared to the two first movies was just poorly choreographed and should be banned from all screens in this world and all others, but still the stunts did their job, almost anyway. And the music, even though they did not have the original theme music, they did add some good music. Music that did fit the movie. so, that was perhaps one of the best parts, which says quite a lot about how seriously awful this movie actually was. After seeing the tree «smokey & the bandit» movies, I conclude with this statement right here: This movie was simply crap! It should not have been made, and I do not see how they said yes to «publish» or even produce this movie! I am disappointed. Oh, so disappointed. That is my final statement before you get my rating.

On a scale from 0-10 stars, this movie gets 2 stars. If it weren't for the music and the fact that it briefly and barely made me laugh it would have gotten 0, or 1 at the best.

This right here was J.J. Shevy, a disappointed and now cranky writer.

Goodnight and sleep tight.

CAUTION! CRAP IS ALL AROUND!
Harvey Mushman
October 29, 2012
Jerry Reed is the ONLY good thing about this nonsense.
stillkrsfromprp
August 25, 2012
This makes Part 2 look great. You know it's REALLY bad, when even the main actor won't sign on. The series should have thrown in the towel, after the first one.

Guess Gleason needed the money?
August 24, 2012
This is a slap in the face to the first two films. What was the point? Why did Jackie Gleason do this? Some of the chase scenes saved the film from being a disaster. 1.5 out of 5.
July 10, 2012
seen the first 2 ....they seem funny now
April 9, 2012
While it's inferior to the first two films, part three still has a lot of fun moments and interesting stunts. It doesn't focus on the bandit from the first two films, in fact the Bandit doesn't even show up beyond a small cameo at the end. There's a lot of nudity for a PG film too. It has many laugh out loud moments and some goofy scenes, but isn't as exciting as the original. Fans of the characters should enjoy this one though.
December 10, 2010
where's the real bandit?!!! bandit 1 is better than 2 or 3.
October 22, 2010
1 was fun, 2 was lame, this was awful.