Smokey and the Bandit II (1980)
Average Rating: 4/10
Reviews Counted: 5
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 4
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 1
Fresh: 0 | Rotten: 1
Average Rating: 2.8/5
User Ratings: 33,478
Former stuntman Hal Needham made his directorial debut with the first Smokey and the Bandit (1977) and repeated his success with the sequel, a virtual remake that substituted a live elephant for a truckload of beer. Burt Reynolds returns as law-defying anti-hero Bandit, now a washed-up alcoholic whose girlfriend Carrie (Sally Field) has left him. When a pair of eccentric, wealthy brothers named Big Enos (Pat McCormick) and Little Enos (Paul Williams) approach Bandit with an offer of work, he and
Aug 15, 1980 Wide
Jun 3, 2003
MCA Universal Home Video
Watch It Now
Gaylord Justice, Reg...
Mike Henry (I)
"Mean" Joe Greene
Safari Park Attendan...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
How can I say it's lazy when it has 50 trucks doing stunts in it? Because it takes a lot less thought to fill up a movie with stunts than to create a comedy that's genuinely funny.
Fizzles badly after a hilarious first half-hour or so.
Sadly cashes in on the original.
Audience Reviews for Smokey and the Bandit II
- Bandit: Do you have any diesel fuel?
- Everglades Attendant: If I had any more diesel fuel they'd make me join that 'OPEC'.
- Bandit: I guess you want me to pump it myself?
- Everglades Attendant: If you want any!
- Governor: If I had my way I'd endorse the Dallas Cheerleaders before either one of you... turkeys!
- Little Enos: I'd like to kick his ass just once!
- Fairground Owner: W-w-w-we're...w'ere...we're c-c-c-clo-clo...We're...uh...c-closed!
Discuss Smokey and the Bandit II on our Movie forum!