Critic Review - Denver Post

Only Bob Hoskins as the blind seer Muir comes close to making us care. We can almost glean Snow White's heroic possibilities through his clouded eyes. As much as we'd like to, we certainly can't from Stewart's efforts.

June 1, 2012 Full Review Source: Denver Post | Comments (17)
Denver Post
Top Critic IconTop Critic

Comments

BeauXjames Tschirhart

BeauXjames Tschirhart

And I thought you were going to say it was the little fairy smiles with the miniature denture problems...

Jun 1 - 02:37 PM

Kassandra Stanley

Kassandra Stanley

i totally agree- Kristen just didn't make me believe.

Jun 3 - 01:59 PM

Lauren M.

Lauren M

Kristen wasn't even the worst part of this - not that I'm vouching at all for her acting ability. She had worst writers than Stephanie Meyer.

Jun 3 - 03:41 PM

Jan Diyenna

Jan Diyenna

Thank you for pointing out that the poorly written script is the big downfall of this film. Kristen cannot be blamed for that.

Jun 18 - 10:59 PM

Austin Musick

Austin Musick

Yeah, she sucked.

Jun 4 - 12:58 PM

Glori Surban

Glori Surban

I'm sorely disappointed too... With KS's acting, I thought I was watching a Twilight movie...

Jun 5 - 08:12 AM

Greg Mastin

Greg Mastin

I was ok with her role in the film, up until I was forced to believe she was suddenly Boudica, warrior-queen, leader of men, killer of witches. Then my eyes started a-rollin'.

Jun 7 - 12:48 PM

Alexis James

Alexis James

you know , i just came from that movie and i wanted to start a blog dedicated to my dissappointment on Kristen's acting - no - lack thereof --- that apart the movie lacked sequence , and suspense , it was no good

Jun 16 - 10:51 PM

David Archwamety

David Archwamety

I agree with everyone here. Kristen was awful and the script was even worse.

Jun 22 - 09:58 PM

Jan Diyenna

Jan Diyenna

I thought Kristen was good in this role, especially considering she didn't have hardly any lines!

Jun 23 - 08:46 AM

Zach Wisz

Zach Wisz

OK so why is everyone so ticked off about the "script" -- which no one, except the filmmakers, even read? Who cares about the scipt; it's what's on screen that matters now, not the script.

Sep 29 - 07:26 PM

Nikki Berchtold

Nikki Berchtold

A horribly written script doesn't always have to be the blame for a bad acting job. Theron had the same writer and still delivered a captivating performance. Stewart is just a mediocre actor - despite the number of lines she had.

Jun 24 - 02:36 AM

Josh Graham

Josh Graham

The movie was obviously written to be Ravenna's movie, and Snow White's part was less important to the writers. Could Kristen Stewart have done better? Absolutely. The poor scripting, though, means that her performance is immediately gimped, something she as an actress can't afford.

Jun 25 - 06:09 AM

Amanda Andrews

Amanda Andrews

North Carolina

Jun 26 - 02:06 AM

Panait Cristian

Panait Cristian

you're pathetic

Sep 2 - 01:01 PM

Camille Biexei

Camille Biexei

Although the script is not great, the acting and directing are worse. Anyone who can make Theron seem like a B-grade actress is a lousy director. Nobody expects much out of Stewart because she is a poor actress, at best, so there is no disappointment there.
The costumes are, however, FABULOUS.

Sep 3 - 11:59 AM

Scott Sano

Scott Sano

I adamantly disagree with you.I watched it today and thoroughly enjoyed the acting of Kristen and all the other actors. The story line and special effects were very inventive.

Oct 9 - 08:48 PM