Critic Review - East Bay Express

Stewart is a truly poor actress, but she looks cool and confident next to Theron's outrageous overacting.

June 3, 2012 Full Review Source: East Bay Express | Comments (23)
East Bay Express

Comments

Douglas Drake

Douglas Drake

Are you kidding? The casting as Stewart as the fairest in the land next to Theron is a joke. What were they thinking?

Jun 4 - 07:38 AM

Misty Ring

Misty Ring

Yeah, I agree. She looks confused and constipated and that's not even counting her poor acting. Theron's acting was phenomenal, her acting was suppose to have been a bit exaggerated as she was playing a emotionally unstable crazy person.

Jun 4 - 10:41 AM

David Altman

David Altman

WORSE comment!

Jun 12 - 09:36 PM

Karol Johnson

Karol Johnson

I actually enjoyed Stewart in this movie; however, this was absolutely the wrong role for Theron. I thought she sounded high pitched, whiny, and totally unbelievable when she was acting one of her screaming tirades. Overall though, the movie just fell flat.

Jun 4 - 01:05 PM

Melanie Saalsaa

Melanie Saalsaa

I also had not been a fan of Kristin Stewart, but actually liked her in this. I was very disappointed in Charlize Theron. Her acting was horrible, she seemed to be "overacting." I didn't think she was believable at all.

Jun 23 - 06:56 PM

Michael Garcia

Michael Garcia

As far as I'm concerned this review is as spot on as is gets, and honestly I'm surprised people are actually applauding Theron's performance. Her acting was so obnoxiously overdone and just flat out ridiculous. Personally I'd happily take Stewart's pathetic under performance any day over some headache inducing overacting.

Jun 4 - 01:18 PM

zenah s.

zenah shihabi

i totally agree with this review because Charlize is an amazing actress but in this film she over acted way too much in my opinion.. maybe eva green would be a better alternative.. anyway as for Kristen stewart no comment.

Jun 5 - 12:14 AM

Justin Anderson

Justin Anderson

If the rest of he cast delivered the same level of performance as Charlize, the movie could have been awesome.

Jun 6 - 10:32 AM

Jao Romero

Jao Romero

oh? so everyone should have been screaming as if the Oscar awards depended on who can scream the loudest? i'm sure that's what Theron believed by the way she was screaming in that film. you'd think a shriek would get her an Oscar.

Jun 9 - 11:23 AM

Allison Summers

Allison Summers

I think Theron just seems to overacting next the bland lead (Stewart). If they had a more dynamic actress as the lead, Theron's performance would be considered appropriate.

Jun 7 - 09:49 AM

Zac Hunn

Zac Hunn

^ this

Jun 12 - 04:28 PM

Noah Danielson

Noah Danielson

I agree about Theron overacting completely. The beginning of the movie was especially painful in that regard. The movie had some cool moments, but the plot seemed forced, I didn't believe the characters and I didn't feel much.

Jun 8 - 10:17 PM

Rex Alley

Rex Alley

It's been proven that Kristen can't act, and it was odd that anyone would consider her fairest of them all.

Jun 8 - 11:11 PM

patrioticfreak50

kenton gewecke

Theron was AWESOME! She was supposed to overact and it was beautiful. She played the Queen perfectly. Kristin had some good and bad moments, but not all bad. Look at the characters, not who is playing them.

Jun 9 - 10:49 AM

VERYNICEWEIRDO

ERIC POWELL

I agree,she played it well guess people wanted a nice friendly sane evil queen?can't please everyone i guess.

Jun 10 - 11:57 AM

JmeLee

Jaime Esquivel

I totally agree. Charlize Theron was ridiculous in her role. I actually felt embarrassed for her for all the over acting. It just seemed like she was trying too hard and it showed. Kristen Stewart actually surprised me. I've never seen her in any of the Twighlight movies but always heard that she was a terrible actress. I thought she did a great job in this movie. Then again, compared to Theron anyone would have looked good.

Jun 10 - 08:17 AM

Jeff R.

Jeff Ritchie

You should go and rent the Twilight movies, they sound about your speed to be honest.

Jun 11 - 10:39 AM

Mariah Clawson

Mariah Clawson

this says it all

Jun 10 - 03:35 PM

Ashley Boaeuf

Ashley Boaeuf

Someone had to say it. It's acting if I just YELL ALL MY LINES, right?

Poor choice for Theron... I usually enjoy her otherwise...

Jun 11 - 10:03 PM

Ausautas V.

Ausautas V.

I was embarrassed for Stewart at the end, and embarrassed for Theron through most of the movie.

Jun 12 - 11:53 PM