So I Married an Axe Murderer Reviews

FiLmCrAzY
September 18, 2007
To Be honest its not brilliant but its a pretty decent film and its quite amusing and i guess its worth a watch
½ July 2, 2006
Harriet Michaels: Do you actually like haggis?
Charlie Mackenzie: No, I think it's repellent in every way. In fact, I think most Scottish cuisine is based on a dare.

Mike Myers is the star of a fairly decent movie in terms of its story, but its made better due to the numerous cameos and a particular character Myers also stars as.

Harriet Michaels: What do you look for in a woman you date?
Charlie Mackenzie: Well, I know everyone always says sense of humor, but I'd really have to go with breast size.

Myers plays Charlie, a coffee shop owner and poet in San Francisco who happens to meet the most beautiful Butcher of all time played by Nancy Travis. While initially finding himself instantly smitten with her, his past fears of commitment really take a toll when he becomes suspicious that his girlfriend may in fact be a serial killer. Its a romantic comedy with a twist, but that's just the main plot.

Myers does a good enough job as the straight lead character, providing enough one-liners along the way, including his ridiculous poems.

John Johnson: My name is John Johnson but everyone here calls me Vicki.

The real joy comes from the supporting characters. Myers' also plays his own father who is hysterical.

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offside, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

There are also little parts from Phil Hartman, Alan Arkin, Steven Wright, Michael Richards, and Charles Grodin that all fill in fun in their little moments.

Its not doing anything special in terms of breaking romantic comedy ground, but I've seen this a lot and still find it enjoyable. It has a lot of good laughs due to it actually being funny opposed to the recent work from Myers - Love Guru.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate "The Colonel"?
Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartass!
thmtsang
½ September 1, 2007
This guy always falls for the wrong girl. This time he thinks he's married a killer.
sanjurosamurai
½ January 25, 2007
very funny, classic stuff
½ August 4, 2006
Very entertaining and funny
July 4, 2007
Weird black comedy with a strange bunch of characters. Mike Myers does his Scottish character act again. This movie was not too funny.
May 14, 2007
Cute flick. Favorite quote: "I believe the entire Scottish diet was based on a dare."
½ February 4, 2007
Mike Myers best flick. He was on the top of his game here. The comedy was great, the setting was perfect. I wish he would have made more like this instead of the Austin Powers flicks.
garyX
November 18, 2006
Terrible name, but there are some great cameos from Alan Arkin, Charles Grodin and Myers himself as his own eccentric scottish dad. Runs out of steam after about half an hour though. Worth watching once (but only once.)
October 30, 2006
Mike Myers as the dad is the only reason to see this movie.
deano
October 19, 2006
Average sharp comedy, but Mike Myers on his two characters in this film were quite hilarous.
June 5, 2006
All the humour in this movie is derived from the joy one gets from imitating Mike's Scottish brogue. "William! Move yer head!"
½ May 12, 2007
Kinda overlooked, sorta underrated, but certainly amusing.
July 1, 2012
Not typically funny, storyline was ultra unoriginal, totally expected what's going to happen in the first 30 minutes. It was just not funny at all, the jokes are stupid and dry, transitions was great, if only the film could be developed a bit more instead of having a bunch of unlike-able characters
½ August 14, 2007
This was pretty bad, but I sat through it anyway.

Also worth mentioning: The girl playing Harriet looked a hell of a lot like Andie MacDowell in some shots.
½ November 1, 2007
I'm the first to admit that Myers lacks range and has an obsession with playing a Scottish character in every single film he does yet I still enjoyed this (Alan Arkin was awesome too - like he is in everything he does). It's typical Myers - and early Myers at that but, regardless, I didn't see the twist coming and I had a smile on my face throughout most of the film. A harmless and watered-down twisted love story type thing.
EnigmaticHallucination
April 14, 2009
One of my all time favorite movies. You have Charlie (played by Mike Myers) and he is a commit-a-phobe. He alwas finds reasons to get rid of women. This is a typical sarcastic tongue in cheek style humor that made Mike famous. It's down home appeal mixed with its funny off the cuff remarks makes it extremely memorable with scenes well punctuated by a great alternative soundtrack.
KeepGuessing
½ April 30, 2008
A hilariously terrific film. During the time I watched this movie, the whole 90's feel of movie's then really appealed to me. So this movie gets a thumbs up for that. Although I wasn't so sure if Nancy Travis was such a good choice of casting to play opposite Mike Myers. The contrast between the two of them was a little jarring sometimes.
April 12, 2008
Hilarious! By far my favorite from mike myers, his personation of his father leaves me breathless at times. awesome.
½ October 20, 2007
Some funny moments, nothing great