91% Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes Jul 11

84% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1

Soldiers of Fortune Reviews

Al S

June 30, 2012
A sharp, original, funny and thrilling action-packed movie. A wild, fast, furious and exhilarating thrill-ride packed with suspense, non-stop action and some surprisingly great characters and development. A wickedly entertaining action-thriller. A great all-stat cast, who all seem to be having a great time with this movie and the concept. Christan Slater is terrific. Sean Bean is excellent. James Cromwell is brilliant. Ving Rhames is fantastic. Dominic Monaghan is wonderful. A surprisingly great movie that's just an absolute blast. An explosive and awesome good-time. A smart and hard-hitting action flick. It`s City Slickers meets The Expendables.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

August 11, 2012
To stop the worst you have to send in the best.

An instant guilty pleasure kind of movie! Soldiers of Fortune is not the best movie you'll ever see. It's probably not the best movie you'll see this month. The special effects, the plot and the writing leave much to be desired too. With all that said, there is a certain something about this film which made me really enjoy it. In summary, this is a B-Movie but certainly one of the better ones. The running time is around 90 minutes and if you can accept the film's shortcomings I think it's 90 minutes well spent.

Captain Craig McKenzie (Christian Slater), a former US special forces soldier, is hired to protect a group of millionaires who want to experience firsthand the kicks and thrills of war. However, the mission goes horribly wrong, and the men get a lot more than they bargained for.
April 22, 2014
That's how you waste a great cast.
April 17, 2014
I could not watch this movie although I did try. Ive been a service member for 5 years now and nothing bothers me more than to see a uniform worn incorrectly, and oh my god this guys look like a bag of smashed assholes. they must not have had any military adviser what so over.
John W.
April 6, 2014
A lackluster action film filled with cliche and implausibility. As much fun as it is to watch Slater do his ironic-cool-kid-attitude, it's too bad this wasn't a better vehicle for him and the rest of the great cast who, justifiably, appear to be calling it in.
January 13, 2014
I liked it. I liked the cast and the action was fun. I liked the tint of humor thrown in there. I enjoyed it.
January 5, 2014
The actors in this movie have all been in big box office successes' so
whatever possessed them to think this one would be a good career move?
I fortunately watched this on a PVR set and was able to fast forward
every time I felt vomit in my mouth. It is advertised as an adventure
comedy, you need to take this description with a pinch of salt, which
incidentally will help with the bad taste it will leave you with after
viewing. It was a thoroughly poor and disappointing movie, bad action
sequences, awful acting and terrible special effects. The movie budget
is quoted at around $8 million and it made $1,572,040 at the box
office...my question is how come it made so much?
Dave J
November 21, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013

(2012) Soldiers Of Fortune
ACTION ADVENTURE/ COMEDY

It plays like a low budget movie with an interesting first half but terrible second half has Christian Slater as Craig, a respectable captain of his unit where he's being acknowledged for having a perfect record for the safety return of soldiers working under him. Then he gets court martialed for saving one of them after he was ordered to abort a current mission after colliding with corrupt undercover CIA operative Mason (Colm Meaney). Unemployed, both Craig and Reed (Freddy Rodríguez) the soldier he saved then agree to work for this European woman Cecelia as well as her brother as "Soldiers of Fortune" to retrieve a particular area where it was being exploited by some dictator's for the purpose of some resources where it's being intended to fund a terrorize organization. And coincidently corrupt CIA operative Reed also works alongside with him too.

The exact job description is that Craig is supposed to safe guard this particular coup of sponsors who're a small group of millionaires seeking for a piece of the action or so all of them had thought. These millionaires also include Dimidov(Sean Bean), arms dealer Grimaud played by Ving Rhames, and Sin played by Dominic Monaghan as video game designer. And it was during their training exercises which the movie plays for laughs. viewers should be able to notice how the story shifts from serious to light to comedy then back to serious again and it does this in a contained manner that looked like it was intentioned as strictly a low budget movie. Cast is great but the movie not so much.

2 out of 4 stars
September 28, 2013
This is one ludicrously silly movie and not really in a good way. The basic story is rather silly to start with. A bunch of rich people with zero combat experience and huge egos gets themselves inserted into a combat situation for thrills. The "company" providing the service is actually a bunch of rebels trying to fund their operations. As I said rather silly. As an action comedy it could have worked though.

Unfortunately the implementation is equally ridiculous. It is obvious that the director is as null on actual military operations as the rich thrill-seekers in the movie. Already the first action sequences were the, supposedly skilled captain McCenzie is introduced, are downright laughable with the captain running around like a monkey shooting people left right and center.

The film, unfortunately, continues very much in this style. There is not a shred of realism or meaningful story in the entire movie. There are some fun or otherwise enjoyable scenes which saved my movie evening and saved this movie from getting a zero-star rating but that is just barely. One of the reasons I decided to watch this movie was due to actors like Sean Bean and sure enough, they perform as well as can be expected with the rather louse material that they are given to work with.

Not a movie that I would recommend to anyone.
ElmosLively
September 13, 2013
Horrible. Hardly worth the time to type this in.
September 6, 2013
I wont even give this movie a half of star for the good cover on the DVD case, even if compared to "The Losers" (One of the worse movies i have seen) this one its still worse...
April 9, 2013
Entertained me for an hour and a half... I had nothing better to do... Some great actors severely under used. The direction was weak at best but all in all I didn't turn it off.
Angus M.
August 25, 2012
Not as bad as people say, but very cheesy to the point where it is essentially a video game you can't play.
November 9, 2012
Probably the worst piece of shit I've seen.
October 28, 2012
May very well be one of the worse films ever made. Despite a decent cast, a storyline that would stretch the credulity of a grade schooler combined with lackluster special effects never allowed this movie to rise beyond the extremely offensive to the ranks of merely boring. My best advice: Rather than squandering 94-minutes watching this movie, stare at your great aunt's wall paper. I guarantee it will be more entertaining.
filmhipster.com
August 16, 2012
You just know it's going to suck when the DVD cover design is more attractive than the movie and your antagonist is Chief Miles O'Brien from Star Trek...Christian Slater has been in some real bombs but this action debacle is by far the worst.
August 15, 2012
0.5/10 This one beats Snow white for the worst movie of the year. Movie info says ' the mission goes horribly wrong', in real the whole movie goes horribly wrong.
June 21, 2012
OK, just saw it;

Sort of like the "A-Team" with strong language. Hey, I didn't really have any expectaions when I went in other than having a little fun (I was with my husband) & I actually enjoyed it for what it was : )
August 11, 2012
lousy action, lousy acting, lousy effects, lousy story, but it could be worse.
August 11, 2012
probably the worst movie i have seen in a very long time. i understand its no block buster but it is just an awful plot. if there is no budget thats one thing but there is no talent, on the writing side or the acting side. i should have quit watching after the first 20 minutes.