Solomon Kane Reviews

April 5, 2015
Nothing special...:(
½ March 28, 2015
A modern 21st centuary swashbuckler: Our hero hacks and slashes his way through the enemy, even when sorely outnumbered, and survives whilst pursuing a damsel-in-distress and an evil tyrant. Being the 21st C, this is all done in a brutally graphic style: heavy rain, mud, blood and guts. Throw in a few extra nasties: zombies, witches and other monsters. The result is a romp that does not tax the intellect to hard. On the whole not too bad, if you like this sort of stuff.
½ December 22, 2013
I ENJOYED THE FIGHT FOR GOOD AND EVIL AND THE INSIDE FIGHT THAT KANE HAD WITH OVER COMING TO EVIL OR BEING GOOD IN A EVIL WORLD.
September 23, 2014
The acting is pretty painful at some parts, and the characters are sloppily written and uninteresting, but the thing that saves Solomon Kane from complete failure is its dazzling visuals and well executed action.
August 31, 2013
a great movie. it was just like the pulps & comic books i read, James Purefoy
did a amazing job as Solomon Kane.
December 26, 2014
62%
Solomon Kane falls prey to some of the typical fantasy cliches, but the gore and action eye candy are glorious enough to entertain.
December 13, 2014
I thought the fights were very well done and I liked seeing some familiar faces.
November 2, 2014
I am going to pass on this one.
October 29, 2014
I loved it. While I don't think it's a cinematic masterpiece, I loved the aspect of the "dark" knight or the bad man makes good. I also adore James Purefoy! =)
September 25, 2013
An *almost* good movie. Skip it.
½ September 29, 2014
Solomon Kane is such a badass that he was like a one man savior. Cinematography is very impressive which to the extent it can be seen in the line of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy or maybe and it can be as one of the best fantasy epics we have seen in years. Very surprising and very impressive. Not bad at all.
September 27, 2014
Yet another comic book hero movie, but the post-Medieval setting does make this one feel a bit fresher and the action is decent enough.
½ February 19, 2010
Based on a character created by Robert E Howard before he created his more famous Conan, this is a so-so film, that you could see where it was heading from quite early on. Also quite easy to spot the influences on it (especially the far superior Lord of the Rings), and I now know where David Gemmell got his influence for his character of Waylander in the book of the same name!
½ July 18, 2013
Not to bad, if you like this stuff.
August 15, 2014
Based on the Robert E. Howard character Soloman Kane stars James Purefoy of The Following and Rome, based in England during the 1600's. The Devil, Witches, and real Wizardry fighting for souls. Gothic stuff, but good stuff. The Director holds true to the REH World. Better than I thought it would be, not Oscar material but perfect for streaming on Netflix. Worth the watch.
½ August 9, 2014
Gritty, stylish and relentless, 'Kane' displays its pulpy badge with pride. Efficent use of what is a small budget by typical action fare standards, and a commanding performance from Purefoy, certainly help.
September 16, 2010
Really dark, really pulpy, and surprisingly good! The filmmakers took a lot of chances with this one!
August 5, 2014
Great dramatic movie, epic storyline, and a whole lot of action. This movie isnt just another mindless slash 'em up flicks, it has a good engaging storyline and you feel a connection with the character. The special effects are great, especially when showing the devils minions. You can relate to the character, and the only reason it has four stars is because it does seem long at times with unneeded arcs, but in the end it is worth the watch.
August 2, 2014
the Son of Sparda vs. the other Son of Sparda excepting you don't get to mash buttons
½ July 30, 2014
Fantasy action nonsense, probably a wet dream for 12 year olds but rather stupid if youre grown up..