23% Transcendence Apr 18

Some Girl(s) Reviews

MANUGINO
MANUGINO

December 5, 2013
It's not you. It's him...

Mediocre Movie! This is a movie that is hard to review. First of all the idea and acting are good and it is obvious that this was written as a stage play. In order to really feel for the characters you have to not really even like them but you must respect them. Bad guys are interesting, you don't like them but you respect the character and his role. Adam Brody's character in this is so unlikeable you almost hate him and really have no respect for what he is doing. The more women he talks to the more you begin to despise the guy and by the end I really ended up hating everything about the guy. The test for a good movie is one that makes you feel certain emotions. By that standard this was a good movie, but this isn't really one I can recommend because Brody's character really could go down as one of the worst people in the history of cinema. I guess to see what I mean is a reason to watch. Overall, good movie but I can't recommend it.

Based on his play by the same name, Neil LaBute's script follows a successful writer who, on the eve of his wedding, travels across the country to meet up with ex-lovers in an attempt to make amends for past relationship transgressions. Crisscrossing from Seattle to Boston, he reunites with high school sweetheart Sam, sexually free-spirited Tyler, married college professor Lindsay, his best friend's little sister Reggie, and "the one that got away" Bobbi. A modern-day Candide stumbling through a landscape familiar to most men-messy breakups.
Dann M

March 21, 2014
Adam Brody, Emily Watson, Jennifer Morrison, and Kristen Bell star in the hard hitting drama Some Girl(s). On the eve of his wedding a successful writer visits with several women from his past in order to reconcile past transgressions. One can't help but make a comparison to High Fidelity; which is far more clever and insightful. Still, the film does address some interesting issues concerning relationships and accountability. Additionally, the performances are quite good and feel authentic. Though it's a little derivative, Some Girl(s) is a compelling and provocative film with a dark edge.
May 31, 2013
I just found this film very confusing, I can't say if it was bad or good, I honestly don't know, that's why I came here to read the others their reviews. I keep asking myself: "Was the subject of the movie useless or not? Is there more meaning to it? What does the writer want to tell us, there must be some kind of explanation. I think the writer tried to show the audience something, but it didn't come across. The film wasn't boring at all! The scenes with that young girl and Kristen bell were so crazy interesting, I just kept on staring and being shocked, I even caught myself looking like a freak, while watching this movie. I can't even write a review about this movie, I'm that confused. I just hope more people could watch this movie and tell me what they were thinking. It wasn't bad, there were some fantastic scenes in there, so give it a chance I need closure, I seriously do!
Dann M

March 21, 2014
FilmGrinder S.
January 3, 2014
"Let's talk." I hate those words.
January 2, 2014
Not as disturbing as "In the Company of Men" but equally as daring and controversial as "The Shape of Things", Neil LaBute manages to pack just enough punch into "Some Girl(s)" as his other works and it's thanks to the powerful performances of the cast that it largely works. Adam Brody is very good, and is equaled out by his female costars, especially Emily Watson, Kristen Bell and Zoe Kazan (their portions of the film are utterly terrific pieces of brutal relationship drama).
Ana A.
January 1, 2014
Not much to say about this film. It is good to kill time for you don't have to invest much into it. It starts very well, but just when you start to try to get involved in the truth of the character it completely cuts you off...can't explain. i believe because it start in a quite truthful situation where we all can maybe relate but as the story progresses it becomes to Hollywood cliche relationship fantasy that I just ended up not caring.
Like I said good to kill some time.
January 1, 2014
Like I said good to kill some time.
December 16, 2013
Actually one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Or maybe one of the worst movies I've ever fast-forwarded through. Terrible, terrible movie.
November 24, 2013
I'm still waiting on the entertainment factor to kick in. The movie's dialogue is boring, long, confusing and pointless. The ending doesn't provide closure or any answer as to whether the lead character accomplished his goal or how he moved on from his quest.
June 2, 2013
La verdad, me sorprendió, tiene varias secuencias interesantes, las actuaciones, bueno hay algunas mejores que otras, el guión es bueno, el final, ok, no me lo esperaba. No es de lo mejor del año, pero si una propuesta interesante la cual pudo ser mejor explotada.
October 24, 2013
This is literally the worst movie I've ever watched. It's for the most simple minded audience in the world. this sucks. so bad. Is it possible to give minus reviews? Seriously a waste of my time.
For a film, the characters were so one dimensional. There was no real protagonist, or any character you could vaguely empathise with. The main character is an unlike able sociopath, the females all shown as being spinsters who are still in love with this ass wipe. I spent the whole movie wanting to kill him.
October 12, 2013
Probably the most meaningless waste of time ever. If you are considering this movie immediately move on to the next option. Not worth it. Watch The Price Is Right Instead or anything, or nothing. Seriously, just don't waste your time.
October 6, 2013
The most excruciatingly dissatisfying, fruitless, implausible 90 minutes I've spent in years. Perpetuates harebrained and unrealistic gender stereotypes while making emotional and sexual abuse seem like a successful strategy to keep the ladies coming back for more.