—— As Above/So Below Aug 29

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Some Guy Who Kills People Reviews

vieras e

October 31, 2012
Not quite as quirky and funny as I had hoped. Not really horror either, more like a drama with a bit of gore.
Cynthia S

July 7, 2012
Kind of endearing. Wasn't quite as quirky, and funny, as I expected it to be. I expected to find a gem here due to the really good reviews. I was a little disappointed. This was just average in my book...
Stuart B

October 25, 2012
Great movie, very funny, loved it!
Shawn M

July 14, 2012
Brilliant ! Didn't expect this to keep my attention, but I enjoyed every moment. Great acting!!
Lane Z

November 15, 2012
Fairly entertained by Kevin Corrigan's performance in this small indie movie. I've always enjoyed his acting in TV or small movie rolls, but finally a chance to see his dark humor blossom. Barry Bostwick as the small town sheriff really heightens the comedic value as well. Ariel Gade's performance is pretty decent as well as the daughter.

The plot doesn't stray too far from your typical suspense or killer movie, but there's a twist of comedy added in. They don't jump too deep into characterization outside of Corrigan, but you'll still laugh you're way to a "twist" ending that won't surprise too many people if you've been paying attention.
Francisco  G.
Francisco G.

September 26, 2012
It starts out as a very funny dark comedy with buckets of gore and surprisingly still delivers a nice character study, very well acted, giving room for every actor to shine. That town sheriff is hilarious and the lead portrays really well with small nuances this troubled character.

It's a shame that once the novelty is gone, the movie doesn't offer much else. It's still fun while it goes but predictable and a tad too slow. And obviously, there's a twist by the end, which is a shame.

Most modern horror/thrillers to stand out lately, usually offer a fantastic blend of genres to be original, finding balance between them. Some Guy Who Kills People has excellent writting, great humour and interesting characters but needs a spark to make it truly shine. A bit of a missed opportunity but worth a shot.
February 21, 2013
A truly remarkably and thoroughly compelling mix of romantic comedy and horror film, Some Guy Who Kills People concerns an aspiring comic book artist who has just been released from a mental institution to which he was committed for an incident involving some high school bullies. Now free, Ken works at an ice-cream parlor as he meets his daughter for the first time and makes the acquaintance of young woman who is interested in him romantically. But he just may be responsible for the serial murders happening around him....Funny, twisted, and genuinely heartwarming, Some Guy Who Kill People is a truly original genre hybrid in the vein of Shaun of the Dead.
August 16, 2012
I love horror/comedy, and there are some great things about this movie... but ultimately, it's too disjointed and too dragged out to be considered a really enjoyable film. It's certainly not the worst of its genre that I've seen, but with better editing, better acting and a tighter plot, it would have been a lot more fun to watch.
muveeKween
July 28, 2012
Loved Karen Black in this. The lead character had no type of personality. There's a twist in the movie. I really liked the little girl Ariel Gade.
July 25, 2012
I liked the cast. Good little twist. This guy hunts down and kills a group of people. It leaves it a little open as to why. The cast made it worth watching. Could have been better.
December 13, 2011
Nice movie here blood and a plot ... that doesn't happen much though this movie is more of a Drama/Comedy then a Thriller or Horror movie and it is a little slow but it keeps you involved I would say this is a must watch for people whom like smaller indy films
July 27, 2014
This is by far one of the greatest Horror movies i've seen in a very long time, the cast: amazing, the acting: outstanding, the effects: perfect, the humor: smart, the plot: tight like the ass of frightened gymnast...I hope this movie will become a household name because it is allot of fun. my compliments to Mr. Perez & Mr. Levin for creating this horror masterpiece and for giving us a horror movie that has an happy ending (since horror movies of the last 15 years have been nothing but unhappy or bittersweet endings)
June 4, 2014
A brilliant combination of slasher horror and light hearted comedy makes this a worth while B grade movie
April 7, 2014
One of the very few slasher movie you can watch with your entire family..
November 19, 2013
Not much on horror or mystery or comedy for that matter. A take on loserville and mental trauma. It ain't that bad though.
December 27, 2013
Unique and dare I say 'quirky' horror that seemed pretty good when watched in an advanced state of refreshment. Probably one for horror nerds rather than the casual viewer.
September 1, 2013
An okay thriller. Uhmmm... okay...
March 31, 2013
That Clockwork Orange scene
February 24, 2013
Wow am I glad I came across this gem of a film. Kevin Corrigan's performance was incredible. Well written, very smart. I will be recommending this to a lot of my friends. A must see.
January 19, 2013
A brilliant, funny horror movie!