Someone Else - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Someone Else Reviews

October 7, 2013
It's all a bit too quiet, a bit too reserved, possibly a bit too British indie. One gets the sense, from this and many other British indie romcoms produced around the same time, that there was an almost pathological fear of 'doing a Four Weddings'. Thus whilst careful to avoid any Hugh Grant stereotypes, the leading men are now confused, but charmless and the women are finally fully developed, but unlikeable. Also the only song is by Take That...seriously?
½ September 26, 2012
Written almost entirely in relationship cliches, which either makes it very bad or very real.
August 10, 2012
Unromantic and not very funny. I'm surprised this got a theatrical release. A charmless lead character and little in the way of plot. Don't waste your time.
½ August 7, 2012
There's nothing special about the story or the film making, but it does serve as a warning about relationships.
August 5, 2012
and let that be a lesson to ya. This movie comprised of a multitude of different attitudes to love, not just the one. Although , the one, is the one that mostly touches some nerve of my past personal experiences in that field. It depicts how easily things can change, from the confidence that comes from 'having it all' , to then having nothing. You can see from the beginning that David is a selfish mug who doesn't realize what he's got until it's too late.
½ November 25, 2008
I liked it although very indulgent but had that dark, dull London feel about it. Reminded me of Mike Leigh.
September 17, 2008
wow i have just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is an ok movie 2 watch....this has got a good cast of actors/actressess throguhout this movie....i think that the scenery throughout the countryside throughout this movie is nice/calm n relaxing....this is kind of a short movie (its only 1hour n a half)...i think that this is good because its explors the relationships between the main character n girls he's with...this is a pretty ok movie 2 watch its nothing special but its ok..n the bloke on the poster is from the hit tv show green wing n he does the barclay card adverts...
September 15, 2008
I really liked this and I think Stephen Mangan is a great leading man, he should be in more British Films in a leading role! The ending was a bit abrupt, but that is often the case in 'slice of life' indie films like this. I really connected with the film and lead character so, yes, I did really enjoy it.
May 10, 2008
2 out of five is generous because I normally like the guy. but in this he's just depressed and depressed doesn't make for great comedy. (well it can, but in this case it doesn't). It's boring and you keep waiting for something to happen, and then it ends. Like a 1hour pilot for a tv show they didn't bother commissioning.
April 17, 2008
Gets a star because I like him in Green Wing, but nothing here deserves any credit. Filled with more boring shit than a poo sandwich without mayo.
March 23, 2008
found it dull, but funny in places bit disappointed considering the character of guy secretan brilliantly played inthe hilarious green wing series, could live without it
February 14, 2008
Great story but not enough done with it. Becomes pointless in the end to watch and there is no happy ending
February 12, 2008
love and relationships in london as a guy breaks up with his long term women, but other women finishes with him too, a wooody allen type film look at relationships, some nice moments in a brief running time
February 9, 2008
Very good. I didnt think it would be if I'm being honest but it was amusing and interesting and it's well worth a look. Another film from good ol Blighty !!
February 5, 2008
Learn to act, mate, then I might watch more than 10 minutes of your next film.
January 29, 2008
Very British, very sad, funny love comedy.
January 20, 2008
An amusing offbeat comedy, although tonally uncertain. Does it want to be a crisp Brit rom-com complete with stuttering leading man and several quirky situations or a serious study of human relationships and male immaturity? It winds up becoming more of the former than the latter, while saddling us with an ending that doesn't sit right with it's overall approach. To this end, the film becomes all about the journey with no destination, prompting one to ask what the point is, aside from a chance to stage some comic situations. In fact, the first ten minutes of plot could have been a good way to stage the entire film, with our main character trying to maintain two relationships at once and finally screwing it up by the halfway mark, the third act being the aftermath that is the main body of the finished film. Hit and miss, but entertaining, just not the quirky indie it wants to be.
½ November 23, 2007
I really enjoyed this, it was gentle and funny and easy to watch. Probably a chick flick though ...
October 22, 2007
Brilliant, 5 stars! A must see, plus it stars the fabulous Piechowiak sisters, what more reason do you need to see it?!
September 14, 2007
Flat brit rom-com. Likened to Woody Allen, but nowhere near.