Sommersby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sommersby Reviews

July 10, 2013
Just found out my coworker was on this.
April 8, 2015
The movie just never comes together despite the good effort by Foster.
March 15, 2015
I love this movie! Such a tear jerker. The chemistry between Richard Gere and Jodie Foster make this film makes the viewer believe that their characters are truly in love with each other.
½ January 7, 2015
Sommersby is an amazing film. It is Laurel Sommersby is just managing to work the farm without her husband Jack who is believed to be killed in the Civil War. Richard Gere and Jodie Foster give excellent performances. The screenplay is well written. Jon Amiel did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and mystery.
½ February 14, 2010
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
August 5, 2014
Excellent acting by Gere and especially Jodie Foster, but it moves too fast with too many unanswered questions. Did Jack really kill the dog? And it could have been more powerful if Orin would have suffered a few consequences for his spiteful actions.Excellent acting by Pullman as well. The ending could have been more... I was left hanging.
May 15, 2014
Underwhelming and overly sentimental.
October 21, 2013
1991's The Silence Of The Lambs Is One Of My Favorite Films.
½ May 18, 2013
A movie you definatly need to watch twice, but I like how he refused to be the man he truly was even to his death.
½ May 2, 2013
Thats ourselves Warriors and Ghurus for the future My dear Sir Richard Budha from Bangkok!
½ January 28, 2013
A liitle bit confusing though I have love any story about the aftermath of the civil war, this film is not one of them.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a look interesting story there.
September 24, 2012
No chemisistry between the leading actors
½ September 15, 2012
Too good to be called garbage, too many cliches (especially the 1990's love of the moral white man finally empowering newly freed slaves) to be called good.
July 15, 2012
I have seen some and want to watch it again because what I seen I liked.
½ June 22, 2012
I like it because it was filmed in Lexington!
June 17, 2012
This masterful romantic Drama has Long Haunted me since my youth. I have No Idea how any tacky un-inspired dope of a critic could say anything against this beautifully told story of post civil wartime healing. This story is well written and soul stirring, leaving behind a mystery of self sacrifice and pure love, something which it's critics probably know Nothing about.
January 4, 2012
Such a great movie and a wonderful love story. Gere and Foster are very believable and have such great onscreen chemistry.
January 9, 2011
A bunch of really good actors pull you into a solidly weaved narrative and the result is 'Sommersby'. A movie that made me Feel - oh and think, somewhat.