Sorry, Haters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sorry, Haters Reviews

October 24, 2012
This film starts out very slow and boring but it builds up to an ending that will probably leave you in utter shock and disbelief,so it is really worth hanging to the end of it.Robin Penn is truly great in this film as is her co-star.but robin's performance should have earn her an oscar,it was that good
October 23, 2012
Robin Wright and Abdel Kechiche gave the performance of a lifetime and I never ever want to see this movie again
March 2, 2012
This to me was one of those philosophical movies that just ends up being an oversimplified conversation about very important issues. I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but if you make it past the half-way mark, it's worth sticking around for.
January 29, 2012
A strange movie that will make you angry, confused, sad, indifferent, happy for a second, then shocked as hell. I didn't know how to feel.
December 17, 2011
The movie starts with Penn and Kechiche on a cab ride. That scene is flawless! Then Stanzler takes this movie on several turns that just don't fit, especially one near the end that will shock you. Now the movie fails in my mind but it's worth watching for Penn. How she was able to look at this script and come out with this performance is beyond me.
½ April 18, 2011
god will teak the director and the stuff amine
½ January 25, 2011
As shocking as the climax is, the movie doesn't seize the viewer correctly, even with such flawless acting on Penn's behalf. It attempts to be profound but is too slow paced and structurally flawed, disallowing the viewer to embrace the movie.
December 6, 2010
Effing brilliant. Wright-Penn is astonishing in this film as cerebral Phoebe. I will never get over the explosive ending.
November 8, 2010
A disturbing... very disturbing, look into the life of Phoebe as she tries to make sense of her loneliness, isolation, and lack of meaning in the wake of her experience of the 9/11 attacks in NYC. This is a dark spiral of a story that starts out strong and making sense, but slowly turns round and round on itself, tighter and tighter, until the f'd up world in which Phoebe lives is surrounding and suffocating. Robin Wright Penn is phenomenal in bringing this character to life in a way that provokes from us a helpless pity and anger for Phoebe.
June 26, 2010
Robin Wright Penn gives an outstanding performance about this film but unfortunately that's the only good thing about it. I really couldn't get into the plot of the story the final arc of the film is extremely intense and I'll admit the twist was very unexpected and well done. But I found the story lacking and the characters for the most part uninteresting (with the exception of Phoebe).
alanjayh
½ May 4, 2010
wow what a movie...very realistic and an excellent performance by Robin Wright Penn...all I can say is see this movie!! Its a very disturbing and provocative character study...and yes, the ending will leave you speechless, and having you thinking long afterwards!
January 25, 2010
I was having trouble getting into the movie until the lunch scene. Roger Ebert described the last part of the movie as a train wreck. I think the last part of the movie made it worth seeing. Totally fucked! LOLZ!!!! Not supposed to be funny, but I was lizzing during the credits!!!!
December 14, 2009
Disturbing movie with lots of twists. Not sure if it is brilliant or pathetic or both. I felt nothing for Phoebe except contempt. Hmmm, still thinking about this one and I guess that was the point of the film.
October 24, 2009
Sad, depressing, scary, depressing, tragic, chilling, depressing. But gripping performances, relentless in its vision, and well worth watching. Just don't expect happiness. Did I mention it's depressing? I'm glad I saw it, though.
October 13, 2009
September 24, 2009
I want to like this confused movie, and there is a lot to like out about it, especially the compelling performances by Robin Wright Penn and Abdel Kechiche. It's a post-9/11 New York City nightmare scenario that sometimes seems to be about 9/11 and other times seems to have nothing to do with it really at all, other than using its sociocultural import to lend gravitas to a story that perhaps without it has none. But writer-director Jeff Stanzler was onto something in this story about a woman who is like a human black hole, no there there other than what she can suck in from others around her. The fact that it's RWP, and that we can't take our eyes off her for marveling at the subtle idiosyncracies of her performance, the hints she gives that's there more -- or less -- there than meets the eye, just makes it more enjoyable to watch, if a little more difficult to believe. In the end, Stanzler is saying something important about the life of the individual in the time of the global village, but it already seems somewhat dated.
September 21, 2009
Flipped out movie.. though there may appear to be many threads of meaning running through this film, it is really only about ONE thing....
psychopathy, micro and macro. I was not prepared.
August 9, 2009
Wow, this was a really good movie. Its been on Netflix and finally worked its way to the top. Definitely worth seeing.
½ July 14, 2009
Robin Wright Penn is one of those actors who will be given the kudos she deserves later in her life. Sorry Haters was shocking. Not in a vulgar way but it examined the depths of the human mind in a very unique manner. I love this film. Robin Wright Penn is someone I would love to work with on my first narrative feature.
January 1, 2008
This movie was strange and uncomfortable, and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. It took me a while to get into it, but it was okay. The ending makes sense in the context of the movie, but that doesn't stop the WTF factor from going through the roof.