Soul Surfer Quotes
The top Soul Surfer quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Bethany Hamilton: Sarah's really bumming me out.Cheri Hamilton: Any particular reason?Bethany Hamilton: Yeah. So, I told her I'm not coming to Mexico. I mean, she knows that I have two important competitions coming up, right? I mean she knows how much I've put into this, you know, how much you and the whole family put into this.Cheri Hamilton: So what's her angle?Bethany Hamilton: That going to Mexcio to help kids is really important. And I know it is, I mean, I really, really wish I could go. It's just... I've got to stay and train for regionals. It's like she's counting on me now, like I'm the only person in the entire world who can do this.Cheri Hamilton: It's your call.Bethany Hamilton: Great. Now I feel even worse.Cheri Hamilton: That's good. A small step in a good direction.‐ Submitted by Karen C (3 years ago)
- Bethany Hamilton: What's his name?Sarah Hill: They don't know. He hasn't said a word, he won't even smile.‐ Submitted by Karen C (3 years ago)
- Sarah Hill: I don't know why terrible things happen to us sometimes. But I have to believe something good is going to come out of this.‐ Submitted by Jed G (3 years ago)
- Bethany Hamilton: Surfing isn't the most important thing in life. Love is. I've had the chance to embrace more people with one arm than I ever could with two.
- Tom Hamilton: I don't need easy. I just need possible.
- Bethany Hamilton: Love is bigger than any tidal wave or fear.
- Alana Blanchard: I thought you were gonna die!‐ Submitted by Alyssa B (4 years ago)
- Sarah Hill: Hey I just got back from Mexico. I'm so glad you're okay, uh I was just about to come and see you.Bethany Hamilton: I couldn't wait.Sarah Hill: Come here. I was thinking about you and praying for you every minute. How are you?Bethany Hamilton: Uhh... I'm good... yeah. Everyone's been doing really good.Sarah Hill: You dont have to do that Bethany, not with me.Bethany Hamilton: Uhh..they're trying to help... I know. I know but...Sarah Hill: But what?Bethany Hamilton: You know how you said it's hard to see things clearly sometimes when you're too close?Sarah Hill: Mhm.Bethany Hamilton: Well I've been trying to get some perspective. I've been really trying Sarah! How can this be God's plan for me? I don't understand.Sarah Hill: I don't know why bad things happen to us sometimes but I have to believe something good is going to come out of this. I don't know what that is. I really wish I did.
- Cheri Hamilton: I like you better that wayBethany Hamilton: Dad's right, I don't need it to surfCheri Hamilton: No you don't. Would it be better to just say it out loud?Bethany Hamilton: Yea I thought, I thought at least with clothes on, I could have two arms, that I could look normal.Cheri Hamilton: Normal is so overratedBethany Hamilton: But people like normal, mom.Cheri Hamilton: Who?Bethany Hamilton: Guys do. I mean who would like me with this?Cheri Hamilton: The right guy will love you exactly the way you are. Because you're beautiful.Bethany Hamilton: How do you know?Cheri Hamilton: Because I know. What's that worth right? Nothing...Bethany Hamilton: What are you doing?Cheri Hamilton: We had this statue in my house when I was a little girl. It was a replica from a museum my parents once went to. I didn't think about it til just now.Bethany Hamilton: The Venus de MiloCheri Hamilton: For centuries all over the world she was considered the pinnacle of beauty and she has one less arm than you.Bethany Hamilton: Yeah, but I can surf.
- Bethany Hamilton: Go ahead, tell me how everything's going to be okay.Tom Hamilton: Yea that's me Mr. jump-right-in-and-fix-it, maybe I should just keep my mouth shut for once.Bethany Hamilton: I'm done, aren't I? I can't even paddle out to the line up passed the big waves. I don't understand, what happened to... I can do all things. Why? Why did this happen? Why did I have to lose everything?Tom Hamilton: You didn't lose everything Bethany, not even close. That shark didn't kill you, you're here, you're alive, you have your family.Bethany Hamilton: But what am I suppose to do now?Tom Hamilton: I don't know...Bethany Hamilton: Then how am I suppose to know?Tom Hamilton: When the times right you'll know. You just have to listen.Bethany Hamilton: Listen for what?Tom Hamilton: For whatever comes next.
- Tom Hamilton: What is it that I'm not hearing?Cheri Hamilton: You can't just fix everything just by shear will.Tom Hamilton: If she gives up, she will never get back into the water and she will never be the same.Cheri Hamilton: She will never be the same, and if she thinks surfing is the only life out there and she can't make that happen then she's going to be lost, really really lost.‐ Submitted by Chris G (4 years ago)
- Bethany Hamilton: Sarah's really bumming me out.Cheri Hamilton: Any particular reason?Bethany Hamilton: Yea, so I told her that I'm not coming to Mexico, I mean she knows I have two important competitions coming up right? I mean she knows how much I put into this, you know? How much the whole family put into this.Cheri Hamilton: So what's her angle?Bethany Hamilton: That going to Mexico to help kids is really important, and I know it is. And I really really wish I can go but I have to stay and train for regionals.Cheri Hamilton: Did you say you'll go?Bethany Hamilton: Well yea, but that's before I got sponsered, it's like she's counting on me now, like I'm the only person in the entire world that can do this. I mean I'm not going, I mean I can't, right?Cheri Hamilton: It's your call.Bethany Hamilton: Great, now I feel even worse.Cheri Hamilton: Just a small step to a good direction.‐ Submitted by Chris G (4 years ago)
- Media Gnat: Bethany! If you could go back to that day, would you not go surfing?Bethany Hamilton: No, I wouldn't change a thing, because then I wouldn't be here talking to you, I can embrace more people now then I could with two arms.‐ Submitted by Caity M (5 years ago)
- Bethany Hamilton: I don't need easy. I just need possible‐ Submitted by Jonathan R (5 years ago)
- Todd: I'm too beautiful for you.‐ Submitted by Percy J (5 years ago)