20% The Identical Sep 05

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

The Source Reviews

September 12, 2012
I'll admit that the biggest reason I didn't like this was because I'm not remotely interested in the subject matter. In fact, I only rented it because Johnny Depp was involved. So I'm probably not really in a place to write a negative review, but I can say that if this isn't something you're already interested in, this film will not change your mind.
MovieManiac415
April 22, 2008
Looks boring. I did the same thing with this as L.A. Without A Map. I only watched the Johnny parts. I have the same thing to say here too. I would've skipped the rest anyways. =P
August 1, 2008
As someone who could be considered a descendent of the Beat Generation, (in attitude and spirit) this was a very informative and interesting movie. I learned so much more about the movement and the evolution of it.
5 outta 5, inspiring
rec3tri
June 10, 2006
This is an amazing film if you want to learn about the Beat Generation I found it interesting and enjoyable to watch Not only did it have the real people talking it also had three great actors reading excerpts or whole pieces of writing from the great authors of the Beat Generation
July 12, 2014
A pretty lively and entertaining look at how three writers (Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, William S. Burroughs) and their friends changed the cultural landscape of America from the conservatism of the 1950's to the spiritual revolution of counterculture in the 1960's and changed the way we look at art, politics, war, etc. forever. It is also quite refreshing to have three famous actors reading passages from the works of these men over the footage and interviews with those who participated in the Beat Generation's revolution of culture.
December 20, 2007
Perhaps the most effective and thorough documentary of the beat generation, focusing mainly on the key figures: Burroughs, Ginsberg, and Kerouac. Shows the extent of their radicalism, as well as their influence to this very day.
piratefan60
December 21, 2008
The Source is retelling of the lives of three writers, played by three actors. Johnny Depp-Jack Kerouac, Dennis Hopper-Williams Burroughs, and John Turturro-Allen Ginsberg. It is interesting and full of History. Sometimes it is alittle slow, but worth watching.
angie225
March 22, 2008
It was boring, I didn't even finish watching it. Just Johnny Depp was interesting to see.
jennifer's picks & pa
April 9, 2006
[size=2]I'm beginning the rather lengthy task of entering into the database every film I have seen, at least those I have a decent memory of. Some may have the briefest of reviews while many will just have a number. Those films that I consider personal favorites and/or those that have some historical signficance I will add later when I have time for more lengthy reviews.

[b]The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls In Love[/b], directed by Maria Maggenti, is a decent coming-of-age romance between two high school girls.

[b]The Source[/b], directed by Chuck Workman, is an interesting documentary cronicling the lives of William S. Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac. Johnny Depp, Dennis Hopper and John Turturro contribute readings in the film.
[/size]