64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

South of Heaven, West of Hell Reviews

September 6, 2013
After reading the "Rotten Tomatoes" review by Mark Deming it is plan that Mr. Deming did not pay attention to the timeline of the movie. True, it is not the most action packed movie until the latter part; but is well done considering it is Dwight Yoakum's directional debut. It has a cast that play against any role for which the actors are known. It is also probably more historically accurate as for the true actions of the time set of the story. All in all, I would have to give it a 3 1/2 out of five, mainly for the entertainment factor.
May 10, 2013
Great cast. What happened? The alleged plot is indiscernible, and a lot of talent goes to waste. Vince Vaughn was not good in this. It disturbed me a great deal to watch Pee-Wee Herman try to rape Bridget Fonda. I am happy to say he wasn't very good at it and she foiled him, right before bobbiting another guy who tried to hump her through Pee-Wee. If it sounds weird, it is because it was.
June 16, 2012
Please note the title of the film and think about it! All the characters are actually dead and are exsisting in Purgatory, No one seems to notice that this is the basis of the film...I thought it moving funny sad and extremely clever..the soundtrack was beautiful as the scenery. If youve watched it before please watch it again and you will understand it now Dwights soundtrack is excellent too with 10 songs not on any other cd. 10/10 fom me
January 27, 2012
This movie made me laugh like the best of comedies should. Oh, its a western? I say it is a fine comedy, like watching a high school play at home, it is amazing.
July 11, 2011
Worst movie I've seen in five years. I want that time back.
November 29, 2010
One of my favorite dwight yoakam movies
TheHitcher1987
March 25, 2010
Last Viewed: 25/03/2010
MudPuddles
October 6, 2009
An appalling mess of a movie, but unintentionally very funny in places. Vince Vaughan is terribly miscast as the villain, delivering every line like a somewhat miffed Peter La Fleur (his character in Dodgeball); and the kiss between Dwight Yoakam and an utterly bemused Bridget Fonda is hilarious - he sort of wipes the inside of his lips all over her face, and I swear she's trying not to laugh.

Best avoided, though I think it could actually be fun to watch with a few friends and copious quantities of weed.
brian19692005
June 25, 2009
A well done western by Dwight Yoakam...Billy Bob Thorton is in it as well... This is definately different characters than in Sling Blade. I enjoyed it.
scott g

April 3, 2008
a western drama, concerning a lonely cowboy, and going ons in small western town, a bit dull, but has its moments, and billy bob thornton, in a silly wig. a directing gig for actor dwight yoakam
turnerd32
August 21, 2007
i would like to see this one..
username03
______________00__00_______________
________________00_________________
________________ 0_________________
June 3, 2007
Madeline was an extra in this terrible excuse for the use of film- so I had to throw it in ;)
hanmartin
February 24, 2007
ONe of the greatest westerns ever made!
brainsfordinner
February 24, 2007
Worst. Movie. Ever.
nanoqna
December 31, 2006
i thought i would like this. but there was like no plot! i died of boredom. nobody did anything in the whole movie. nobody ever watch this movie, its so stupid.
SarahJoyFrost
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this
brianpark08
December 9, 2006
pretty bad, although not bad enough to reiceve only half a star.
Le critique
December 27, 2005
:rotten: Just watched Dwight Yoakhams South of Heaven, West of hell - or what the hell!!

Despite having seasoned actors such as Luke Askew, Vince Vaughan, Bridget Fonda, Peter Fonda etc. They fail to prop up poor old Dwight who is about as convincing a hero as is Saddam working for Unicef.

Poor plot, very hammy and I was left dumbfounded how any film in this day and age could be so crap. The shootouts reminded me of kids in a playground.

Dwight - stick to singing!:rotten: