South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut Reviews

June 8, 2014
South Park's jump to the big screen is very funny and makes many fine references, but there is a reason TV shows struggle in theaters. The writing usually wears thin due to films having a much longer runtime than TV episodes, and the scale of the stories are way too big and strange, both of which apply to this movie. However, buried in this chaotic mess is an honest message, hilarious moments and some catchy/clever show tunes. South Park is better on the small screen, but holds its own on the big one.
½ May 12, 2007
Ahh... with some good old sarcasm, crude humour and simply rude. Love it.
½ December 13, 2008
More than an extended episode, this is a full length, theatrical film that actually has a message and purpose. It's basically the same message that most of South Park, as a show, is comprised of: censorship is biased and comes from a place of irresponsible overreaction. Staying true to the show, established characters are strewn throughout the film, including the four boys the show is based upon, their families, friends, and the adults that screw up their world time and again. Uncensored and inappropriate in a muted kind of way, creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone make this into a large scale epic film by making it a musical with numbers that spoof The Little Mermaid, Les Miserables, and Broadway in general. Parker and Stone capitalized on the fame of the show at its peak in 2001, not knowing it would be the long running vehicle that it has become. Saying that, it is amazing they didn't go farther with this, that they didn't go balls to the wall, even raunchier, even crazier. The film itself contains a war with our neighbors to the north, a relationship between Satan and Saddam Hussein, and a death toll at 312, including characters from the show. Since this film, some very horrific scenes have taken place on the show including pissing on tied up monkeys, Indiana Jones being raped by George Lucas and Steven Spielberg, and a waterpark being demolished by a typhoon of urine, so I don't say, underwhelming lightly. I will say that this film has a special place in my heart, right next to the juvenile humor and lackadaisical attitudes of my youth, which is when I first became acquainted with this show and all its vile glory. One of the songs, "Blame Canada," was nominated for an Oscar for Best Song, which was about the ill effects of censorship, though it could not be formally broadcast at the ceremony. The film, as a whole, is a great way to showcase the characters, and you will not be lost if you haven't seen the show. It might even be a great introduction to one of the more obscene shows on television, cartoon and all.
June 12, 2011
The Mole: You realize that by doing this we could be grounded for two, perhaps even three weeks.

"Warning: This Movie Will Warp Your Fragile Little Minds."

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut is exactly what you'd expect if you've seen any episode of South Park ever, or perhaps one of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's other feature films like Baseketball or Team America. This movie takes the formula for the show and ups the vulgarity, adding even more singing, sexual innuendo, and racist jokes. So, yeah, it's awesome; unless for some reason you don't like vulgar, obscene, quote on quote "trash" like this movie. If you do, there is no reason for not watching this as soon as possible. It is exactly what it wants to be and works perfectly under those parameters.

When four friends(Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny) from a quiet, little mountain town see a new movie that takes vulgarity to another level, their minds are corrupted. Soon the parents, led by Kyle's mother, make an organization condemning Terrence & Philip and the Canadian people in general as well. Soon, the USA goes to war with Canada and says they will execute Terrence & Philip. The boys once again are forced to save everything after their parents take things too far.

The audience for this movie is pretty much set in stone. Just about everyone has seen the television show, and for the most part, you either love it or hate it. Put me firmly in the love it category. Actually, the show is in my top 10 shows of all-time. Obviously, an inflated runtime makes the usual formula feel slightly different and everything doesn't work out as perfectly as it does at just a half an hour. Still, this is a hilarious and extremely fun and entertaining feature film of South Park.
½ June 5, 2012
The film isn't much different from the popular television program from which the film was created. In other words, it's hilarious and profane, yet still incredibly smart. Fans of the television program will surely enjoy South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut, but anyone unfamiliar with the program's content should take caution. This is hardly a mild film.
March 17, 2012
A heavy and dark comedy to the lovers of South Park or black humor. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut is the one of the most bizzare and funny cartoon films that I ever saw. Fresh.
½ March 5, 2012
Sure compared to what south park does now this film is a bit out dated but I still feel this is an classic in it's own demented way. South Park is one of the greatest and most contraversal satire cartoons in history. And why do they get away with it? Because it is actually clever in writing. On the surface of this film and the tv show is nothing but fart jokes and bad taste humor. but when you watch this film for what it is, it's a extreamly clever satire... with fart jokes. Me and my brother literally learned every line in this film and could recite it at any moment. You cant do that for many films. I still wish South Park will come out with another film but I can be content with just another season.
½ August 2, 2007
"All Hell Breaks Loose"

When the four boys see an R-rated movie featuring Canadians Terrance & Phillip, they are pronounced "corrupted", and their parents pressure the United States to wage war against Canada.

While I've never gotten addicted to "South Park," I have watched lots of episodes and get a real kick out of it. As it is with the movie, the kids are simply moving through an existence that has been created by their short sighted and bigoted parents. When they swear, it's so natural that it almost has a poetic rhythm. If one of them feels his feeling are hurt (especially Cartman), he retaliates with a blast of profanity. In some cases, as with the "C" word, the characters don't even know what they are dealing with. They take advice as genuine and go from there. No one gets left out when it comes to a lambasting. The parents are the real nut cases. The kids are trying to find a way to get their heroes, the Canadian comedy team, off of death row where the parents and the military have put them for misleading their youth. Who's doing the misleading?

The subplot in Hell with Satan and Saddam Hussein is amazing. Satan is a really sensitive, introspective fellow, while Saddam is the nut case maniac. This, of course, is pre 9/11. In addition to the clever animation and voices, there are some great songs. "Blame Canada" is great and "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" is so over the top, it makes me giggle. Why did they pick this person as the object of the song other than for us to ask this question. I know this movie isn't for everyone (maybe most people), but if you can stand the assault, it's about as clever as anything can be.
Directors Cat
October 28, 2011
South Park has a good catchy soundtrack, and the film itself is one of those incredibly rude movies that you cant help wetting yourself watching.
October 2, 2011
I'll never forget going to watch this in theaters as a 10 year old. Thanks dad. However, this film is bold and will make you laugh the whole time.
½ June 24, 2007
A smart satire with ferocious bite, possessing acute self-awareness seen through its plot-line of bad language and its affects on youth. It is consistently disrespectful and ridiculous, but at the same time constantly hilarious, entertaining, while never losing its brilliant perspective on things. Although it gets a little too carried away with its insistence to be a musical (and some of the scores are irrefutably hysterical), it is a tightly-constructed comedy that does not wear out its welcome despite its alarmingly high profanity usage. Obviously, not for everyone, but if you love the show (like me), you will absolutely treasure this short film.
½ March 3, 2011
South Park Bigger Longer and Uncut is a work of genius. This show and The Simpsons are the best looking and coolest animated shows there are. The plot was so mindlessly dumb that I loved it and it proved that even stupid songs can be catchy and fun. The characters in South Park are so memorable if you don't love one something wrong. The animation is crap, but thats the fun of it, we and they know that, in fact Cartman makes a joke about there own animation in the movie. I love this movie, and the show is incredible too.
April 22, 2007
I don't think I've laughed nearly as much I have when watching this movie. Not only is it one of the greatest television translations to film, but it manages to condescend that - becoming a great film in its own right, without the need of being connected to its media parent. It's also one of the best movie musicals to come out of Hollywood in a very long time, even if the songs are used mostly for the laughs. I'm hoping that Matt Stone and Trey Parker decide to make another South Park movie someday, because I'll definitely be in line to see. Fantastic!!!
July 4, 2010
South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut is a very funny comedy, the story revolves around the boys going to see the new Terrence & Phillip movie, and it has warped their fragile little minds. What follows is them using a mouthful of varied vulgarities and thus their parents seek to wage war on Canada. What follows is an intense campaign against Canada. The boys try to talk sense into their parents, but it falls on deaf ears. This film is a terrific comedic ride, and Trey Parker and Matt Stone bring Their TV show to the big scree so effortlessly. A funny film from start to finish, but be warned this film is not for everyone. This the best tastless Comedy film ever made, and I mean with the greatest compliment, just when you thought they could push the envolope of good taste, they went further still This is one crazy film not to miss!
½ June 24, 2010
I love south park and I love this movie. the songs are actually good and really funny. this movie is hilarious. A-
½ January 13, 2010
Ridiculous! But I really liked it!
September 8, 2009
"South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut" will without a doubt appeal to fans of South Park more than it will anybody else. I haven't ever had the Comedy Channel, so I haven't ever had the chance to watch South Park that much unless I'm at a motel or something. But the times I have seen it, I thought it was hilarious. This movie is a satire that can be both funny at times and offensive or crazy at other times. Most of the movie is hilarious such as Saddam Hussein's gross sayings toward the devil and Kyle being shocked everytime he says a cuss word. Other parts of the movie such as the references to God are offensive. Still other parts are just crazy or gross such as Terrance and Philip.
Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman are all on a mission to save Terrance and Philip, but Kyle's mom is leading the revolution of "Mothers Against Canada" and their main goal is to terminate Terrance and Philip.

Overall, "South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut" is a well done satire that has many messages in it, mainly about political activity. If you're a South Park fan or if you want to see a hilarious movie, I recommend watching "South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut." However, if you get offended by things real easily, you might not need to watch it. NOTE: That was my Amazon review from the year 2000. I've never been a big fan of this show at all (Beavis & Butthead were sooooo much better), and this movie's nothing great, but watchable for the casual fan, although Hussein's dead now.
½ September 1, 2007
Excellent movie of the brilliant series. Its really sharp and very very verbal unlike the TV counterpart. It looks good, the animation has computer help here n there which really adds to the effects. The story is actually not too bad but its not great, but its so funny and has tonnes of totally un-pc jokes, comments and crude gags you just cant not like it lol it surpasses The Simpsons by miles as its for true adults. As usual Cartman is the star.
November 23, 2008
I can't remember when was the last time I laughed this hard watching a movie
½ July 21, 2008
South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut is a movie that you have to place right in the center on the rating scale. I suppose the overlook look one might have is a matter of if they see the glass as half full or half empty as this movie shared some great moments but also equally bad moments.

Good: Many classic South Park moments and all the typical raw comedy we see on the TV show carries over into the movie to make it an entertaining experience.

Bad: The creators decided that being rated-r means they didnt have to get creative. The plot was semi-good compared to what you see on TV and while it was halarious too see the guys cussing up a storm and being more rated r then ever, South Park fans of the TV show would probably forgive them more so if there was a more creative plot and the characters just adapted some cussing based on the situation - rather then an entire movie based around the reason they were using profanity now.

For me over all the show could of been more creative but it was definatly worth watching. I personally would of rather seen 2-3 TV Episodes then wasted my time on the movie but nonetheless it's a have to see for any true South Park fan.