SpaceCamp (Space Camp) Reviews

February 3, 2012
As a kid, I liked this more than I really should admit. However, as an adult, it is very painful to watch.
August 9, 2014
There are a lot of factual errors involved in the plot of this film, but all and all, an enjoyable film.
May 22, 2013
Overlong and way too cutesy for its own good.
½ April 11, 2014
It was interesting to see Kelly Preston, Leaf Phoenix and Lea Thomson in early roles, with Tom Skerrit and Kate Capshaw to add substance to the light & fluffy plot...the movie was almost inspirational in its own way, and it was interesting to note that it was filmed at the NASA Spacecamp in Alabama....
½ January 16, 2014
Festlig och medryckande åttiotalsstänkare till rymdfilm, som är ett slags Nasa-sponsrad high school-rulle. Stjärnspäckad, dessutom, med namn som Tom "Alien" Skerritt, Kate "Indiana Jones 2" Capshaw, Kelly "John Travoltas fru" Preston, allas vår barndomskärlek Lea Thompson, en snorvalpig Joaquin Phoenix och en kul liten robot. Storyn kretsar kring ett gäng från Space Camp som en dag får provsitta en riktig rymdfärja... och av misstag skickas ut i rymden! Märkligt nog står en del paralleller att finna till fjolårets mästerverk Gravity, fast här med föråldrade men charmiga effekter. Sådana här filmer gjordes bara under 1980-talet, på gott och ont.
September 24, 2007
All sorts of appalling.
July 8, 2013
My Favorite Science Fiction Film Is 1968's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
June 6, 2013
THESE IS THE YEAR 8585 BIRTHING ON NASA FOR THE FUTURE YEAH HA HA HA!
June 5, 2013
My daughter is going this summer!
½ April 30, 2013
Silly kids adventure which has its fun moments, but seems to tempt stupidity on far too regular occasions for it to be considered any more than 'ok'.
½ February 24, 2013
I SO wanted to go to Space Camp when I was a kid. It was all thanks to this movie.
½ December 23, 2012
Ca a l'odeur et la volonté de faire du Amblin, mais le scénar un peu trop tiré par les cheveux empêche quand même le film d'atteindre son but. Dommage. Reste quand même le côté nostalgique du truc...
½ November 6, 2010
Cute robot launches five youngsters from Space Camp along with their instructor into orbit. Thankfully none of the numerous mistakes in the simulator were repeated in the real world, although I never really was cheering for this crew to return to Earth.
November 8, 2012
Cheesy yet fun movie that made every one of us who watched it as a kid want to be astronauts.
½ October 29, 2012
Actually not all that bad. Good family film and good for when you don't know for sure what you want to see.
October 29, 2012
I thought this movie pretty good. It was entertaining, filled with drama and there is a lot of good information about space presented in the film.

Space Camp is about a group of kids who come to a camp at the N.A.S.A. headquarters to learn all about space. Each of the kids is assigned a position in the space shuttle by an astronaut named Andie. When the group goes with Andie to the space shuttle for a simulation, they accidentally get launched up into space, and they have to figure out how to get back home before they run out of oxygen.

Andie (Kate Capshaw) is a famous astronaut who teaches the kids about operating the space shuttle. She is an encouraging and helpful teacher who pushes each one of them to work to the best of their ability. Kathryn (Lea Thompson) is one of the kids attending the space camp. She is very smart and knows a lot about space. She is assigned the position of the pilot and she is expected to do everything right.

Tish (Kelly Preston) is another teenage girl at the space camp. She is friendly, pretty, girly, and actually smarter then she acts. Rudy (Larry B. Scott) is an older camper who loves science, but he thinks he is terrible at it. He is nice, funny, and very friendly. He ends up studying very hard and becomes a really good scientist.

Max (Joaquin Phoenix) is the youngest kid in the group and he actually wasnâ(TM)t even supposed to be in the camp because of his age. All he ever wanted to do in life is go up in space. When the group gets introduced to a space robot named Jinx, Max steals him and forms a close friendship with it. And lastly, Kevin (Tate Donovan) is a bad teenage boy who doesnâ(TM)t care about space camp at all. He doesnâ(TM)t even want to be there, but he has no choice.

What is not that great in Space Camp are the special effects and animation. When the characters go up into space, it almost looks like they are a cut-out picture. Nothing looks very realistic to me at all. I know that technology has come a long way since 1986, so that is why these things donâ(TM)t look that professional.

What is good in the movie is the humor. The jokes are funny and easy to understand. The characters are also a good part of the movie. You really get to know them and enjoy their performances.

This movie is rated PG, but it does have some bad language in it and some pretty intense scenes. Because of this, I think this movie would only be good for kids who are 10 years old up until 14 years. Since this is a classic movie, the family may enjoy sitting down and watching it together. I am giving Space Camp a 3 out of 5 stars. My overall impression is that it is worth a look.
Reviewed by Talila R, KIDS FIRST! Film Critic.
½ June 22, 2012
Wow I Never thought a movie could make my I.Q. drop and spawn hatred for all space programs lol, this is a lame ass movie not for any family. First off its piss poorly acted lol Kate Kapshaw will claim responsibility since well she is a hack. Second this movie is incredibly dull serious as a kid I wouldn't have the attention span for this slowly paced boringly acted movie & I was seven when i seen this shit flipper. Third is the movie itself and situations which occur are beyond believable even for fiction...
June 13, 2012
Super cheesy nostalgia!
May 23, 2012
Still a lot of fun all those years later`)
May 17, 2012
Another one I watched a lot growing up