Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone Reviews

September 6, 2010
If you're a big fan of either Molly Ringwald or 80s sci-fi movies in general, I highly recommend this movie. I loved it, it has a good story, good actors, and it's fun. Of course it isn't one of the best sci-fi movies of the 80s, but I love it anyway.
August 15, 2010
With a small known cast of Ernie Hudson, Molly Ringwald and a well hidden Michael Ironside this sci-fi film starts off nicely with pretty good looking spaceships, land transports, costumes and a quirky neat feel that reminds you of 'The Ice Pirates' and a gentle 'Mad Max 3'. Unfortunatley the film starts to slide badly from the midway point and loses its reasonable sensible side to become a silly and tacky...almost barbarian type film with amazonian women and dragon type water creatures to a stupid looking evil villian that Clive Barker may have stolen for the Channard Cenobite idea in 'Hellraiser 2' .
½ April 19, 2009
Peter Strauss, interplanetary adventurer and 15 year old Molly Ringwald team up to defeat the Forbidden Zone - a planet with all sorts of evil beings. I found this a really corny movie, although who knew that Molly acted in science fiction movies?
June 21, 2008
Oh, good grief...
June 9, 2007
Junky 80's Sci-Fi mess. There are amusing relations between Peter Strauss and Molly Ringwald, but that couldn't save it. They team up with Ernie Hudson to rescue the three ditsy space princesses from the freakish Overlord played by Michael Ironside. It ends up being a cheesy runaround on a junky planet, with the team encountering plenty of freaks. I did enjoy their run-in with the dangerous tribe of little people. Overall, the junky set design ruins the experience. Amongnst other 80's sci-fi greats, it's very forgettable; perhaps in 3-D it would be more fun. This movie can be safely discarded and no great loss to film history.
½ May 26, 2009
cheese with a capital c.
September 3, 2008
I think this is the only adventure movie Ringwald has been in, I don't know why she didn't do more, this movie was really enjoyable, and she was great in it.
November 11, 2008
Now this is when stunt men were making there money. A lot of things changed with the twilite zone movie.
½ November 26, 2007
Michael Ironside with giant clomper-hands, menacing the RICH MAN POOR MAN guy and Molly Ringwald? Fuck yeah.
July 24, 2007
That dude shoulda made more movies. they shoulda made a sequal. I remember seeing this in the movie theater in 3D. Loved it. Still fun to watch, good dialogue. Outdated effects. Needs to be remade!!!!
February 7, 2007
A very underrated science fiction B-movie from 1983. A great film with some interesting twists. The characters in the film are very original. Michael Ironside gave a great performance as the evil cyborg named Overdog. Peter Strauss, Molly Ringwald and Ernie Hudson are great in this film, a classic science fiction film.
October 5, 2006
awesome set pieces, stupid, derivative story line. look at it like a star wars spin off featuring han solo, a space cowboy type, fighting a technologically superior alien race to save the lives of three sexy females, with the assistance of a young, annoying molly ringwald. think of the chemist as dick cheney.
May 7, 2006
a movie so bad, it's burned a hole in the celluloid itself. still, it was a great part of a great shitty film fest. ALL FREAKIN' NIGHT 06!!! you better be there this time chase!!!!
May 25, 2015
This is one of my favorite movies. I can't believe people rated it so low. I guess some people don't know what awesome over the top action adventure Sci Fi looks like.
April 19, 2015
Take this for what it is. It's an inventive, fun sci fi movie in the realm of Mad Max - although more light-hearted. What's fascinating watching this again 32 years after it was made is to see what they achieved without CGI and that makes this even more watcheable for being able to see the magic behind teh scenes.
November 2, 2014
Dull dull dull. Tries to rip off Star Wars without ever understanding Star Wars. I mean, they spend the entire film on one planet and it's mainly filled with silly Scifi ideas that had been outdated since the '30s filmed with all the production values of a music video from the '80s.

Ha! And the optimists released it five days before Return of the Jedi! That was a stroke of genius.
½ May 5, 2014
Monday, April 5, 2014

(1983) Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
SCIENCE-FICTION ACTION ADVENTURE/ COMEDY

Can you believe that Ivan Reitman was credited as executive producer on this piece of junk! The premise is ludicrous centering on Wollf (Peter Strauss) entering an already infected infested planet called Terra-11 ordered to find and then bring back actual women to the planet Earth, for reasons unknown- perhaps because the planet earth doesn't have very many women in terms of breeding purposes. Anyways, the entire environment is similar to any Mad Max movie ever made which is the desert- full of many areas of water that is supposed to be contaminated, for viewers are completely oblivious how the people who reside their obtain fresh clean drinking water. Wollf also picks up Nikki(Molly Ringwald) along the way, who is supposed to direct him to where the women had been brought to since he doesn't know too much about the area. And I just want to say that the character played Molly Ringwald is perhaps the most annoying person she has ever done, who whines and complains, who refuses to listen. Ernie Hudson as Washington stole the movie on some scenes he's in, who actually saves Wollf's butt on more than one occasion.

1 star out of 4
May 24, 2012
Mindless entertainment, where the title has more plot than the film itself. Still it's not awful.
½ July 1, 2011
To keep it basic, this film is simply fun. Sure, the performances aren't very good, and the plot is dull and quite uninteresting, but it was still a fun movie to watch. Recommended.