Spice World - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Spice World Reviews

½ November 2, 2015
i thought this would be a scary movie for halloween. (hahahaha)
it was. it was so scary that i had to turn it off about 1/3 of the way through.
you suck, spice girls movie.
½ November 27, 2007
SPICE WORLD is a complete, entertainment-free dead-zone. There is absolutely nothing in this movie to be even remotely interested in. It is a film so awful, the only way to possibly sit through it is being in a place or a situation that you cannot possibly escape from it. I watched this film on a bus some years back while on a trip to South Carolina. I had heard of this film, and some schoolmates of mine wanted to watch it. How a bunch of decent, normal kids of that age could have liked this movie- I will never know. Clearly, they didn't demand much in the way of entertainment. But this movie is so beneath even those standards.

The film is really nothing more than marketing propaganda for the popular 1990's British all-girl band. There isn't really a plot here- just the 5 pretty women being themselves, I guess. I didn't find any of them that attractive; they didn't seem interesting in any way and they all seemed too stupid and too hollow to be interesting people. All they do is chat, and have fun. There is no character development. The Spice Girls seem like trashy, living Barbie dolls.

The film felt like a complete waste of time from start to finish- the boredom and the disinterest was the center of this utterly fucked movie- it is so badly made and so jarringly put together, the whole film seemed like a very long, endless commercial for the Spice Girls.

This movie deserves to be forgotten and thrown into the deepest depths of eternal hell. It is so bad, so uninvolving and so pathetic- forget about the bad music, this wouldn't even work as a movie that wasn't about the Spice Girls, it's so atrociously made. Did anybody think about how bad of an idea of this movie was and what a bad movie it would make?
½ November 7, 2007
Más cerca a "A Hard Day's Night" y más lejos de "Cool As Ice", esta película musical que busca explotar el fenómeno Pop de las Spice Girls, gana algo de clase gracias a su auto-consciencia de la ridiculez del asunto y a las inexplicables apariciones de personas como Hugh Laurie, Bob Hoskins, Richard E. Grant, Elvis Costello, Elton John, Bob Geldof, Meat Loaf, Roger Moore, Jennifer Saunders, Alan Cumming, Dominic West y Stephen Fry, entre otros.
½ July 30, 2015
Ya gotta love a movie where one of the titles is "Idea By" and credit is given to the star or stars, in this case the malodorous Spice Girls. "Hey, we've got an idea. Let's make a movie!" You get opening titles billing for that in the writing block? Seriously? Or am I short-changing them. "Hey, we've got an idea. Let's rip off The Beatles and make a movie!" Watching this movie is the equivalent of wrapping your sphincter around a jet engine on full blast while chewing on broken glass and squirting drops of Tabasco Sauce in your eyes. Seriously, I hadn't felt this physically ill since I ate a Filet 'O' Fish sandwich that had been left sitting out ... for 142 days. Jesus Christ! Scary Spice, indeed. And mind you, not even one good daisy chain anal 69 sequence. One very sad note: Somehow Sir Roger Moore got tangled up in this freakmare. Casting him in this movie is essentially elder abuse. It's too bad the Spice Girls didn't pursue careers as window hookers in Amsterdam. The world would be a better place for it.
February 16, 2010
Close to being one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's a total joke. (First and only full viewing - 6/26/2015)
January 31, 2015
Maybe I just don't know any song from them other than "Wannabe" or maybe its because I wasn't old enough to care about them. Regardless, Spice World is a bad film filled with bad acting, unfunny jokes, no plot, too many subplots, and random scenes just meshed into one film.According to many critics, Spice Girls weren't even that big of a thing in the 90s, so a film dedicated to them doesn't make sense. Spice World is a weird unfunny shitty film that just wastes your time and money
January 29, 2015
Flawlessly camp, endlessly quotable. The movie of my childhood, and the same for anyone who enjoyed pop music of the 90's.
½ December 2, 2014
"Spice World" is far from a great film. These girls aren't actors and the story is a means to an end. What "Spice World" DOES accomplish is the cultural preservation of the late 90's Spice Girls phenomenon. The film doesn't really have a plot; in fact, it is more of an anti-plot as the random flashbacks and dream sequences try to create some semblance of a story but just make everything more disjointed than before. The lack of action brings all of the attention to the personalities of the girls. If you don't have a favorite before watching this, you will after (or you will just despise them all, but they are actually pretty likable). Despite the disdain of critics, this film was a box office smash. While the Spice Girls have become a forgotten chapter in pop history, I appreciate that this film allows them to live on and serves as a reminder of how big they actually were. If nothing else, "Spice World" will make you pull out your old Spice Girls cassettes and rock out to Wannabe like it's 1996.
November 29, 2014
Spice World, my cigarette drops, "what the **** was that! Oh my brain, my beautiful brain! It's hurting so bad from watching a really dumb film. Ah, I can't believe subjected myself to this film along with the people involved. It is not that this is an unoriginal piece of crap made by bunch of chuckling and sneering dorks, but it is an inconceivable exercise with barely any plotting or direction. I wonder if anyone even read the script or was developed. I guess this is or was supposed to be a tongue-in-cheek and self-reflective parody which could have worked if anyone knew what was going on. The music is really bad and the costumes are barely tolerable, but not as much as the Spice Girls. Spice World follows the Spice Girls wherever they go with all kinds of inane ideas and caricatures with musical montages, and only separated when we see another character besides the Spice Girls which a lot of the scenes seem to have been cut from other scenes. We have Hugh Laurie, Elvis Costello, and Roger Moore just to name a few. I could not believe the disorganization throughout the whole film which could qualify for ridicule by Mystery Science Theater 3000 since we have a scene involving aliens. The Spice Girls are made up of Mel C, Mel B, Ginger Spice, Baby Spice, and Victoria Beckham. Their film debut and music are well in synched with each other in terribleness. There are even few random moments that I thought I was going to chuckle, but never did. I would place this film with Pootie Tang. I know you are going to wonder why I bothered to watch this film in the first place and it's quite a long story, but what compelled me to see this happened after seeing it in a list of films that were going to be removed from Netflix. I already miss the chance to see Donnie Darko which is considered a cult class. I do enjoy the so bad, so good film once in a while. I clicked hoping to get a chuckle at its terribleness, but was not prepared. I won't tell you what I want. What I really want. Oh and don't expect it to be sexy because I tried that as a last ditch effort, but didn't work too well."
½ August 5, 2012
If you love the spice girls (who doesn't really?) You will love this fun extended video clip if you don't like the spice girls you will enjoy this fun British comedy!
September 23, 2014
It's like a pop version of Spinal Tap..that sucks.
August 21, 2014
This movie has no right being this funny. I went in thinking "Okay, I'll suffer through this." Next thing I know the end credits are rolling, and I am smiling...a lot. The camaraderie between the girls seems really genuine, and everyone seems to be having a great, silly time. Added bonus: spotting all the cameos (watch out for Elvis Costello as a bartender).
August 20, 2014
I'm just... speechless. Where the hell did this movie come from? Why were these five morons given a movie anyway? There is literally no plot, rhyme or reason to Spice World. It's a painful experience from Beginning to End. I would've been a little bit more easier on this movie if it was just a direct to Home Video release but no, this waste of time actually got into theaters. This is going be a hard review to write.

So Spice World is about... oh screw it, THERE IS NO PLOT! Seriously, there's not even one shred of story in this awful excuse of a film. Every scene is just random and all the characters (especially The Spice Girls) are as flat as a freaking board. To put it simply, this movie is just an hour and 32 minute commercial for The Spice Girls. And when I say every scene is random, I mean it! There are Aliens, a Dance Boot Camp, A Pregnant friend, A Documentary subplot, a villainous Paparazzi guy, Roger Moore and lots of other elemnts that make no real sense and have no proper place in the film.

Of course, the acting is just awful. It doesn't matter if we're talking about the supporting characters or The Spice Girls themselves. No person in the cast even tries to give a decent performance let alone a good one. Still The Spice Girls take the cake on the whole "Can't Act" scale. Every time one or more of them opened their mouths I was in serious misery. They are just... IRRITATING!

I know what a lot of you are thinking, "Oh Brad, what were you expecting? It's a movie about The Spice Girls. This film was directed at Children and Pre-Teens". That is extreme Bull. I don't care what the aimed Demographic is, I don't care who stars in the movie or what the film's purpose is. You're still making a MOVIE! The whole Purpose of a movie is to ENTERTAIN PEOPLE! Spice Wrld has caused nothing but pain to me. Your movie doesn't have to be a reflective or deep movie but at the very least it should be given some kind of thought and it should have some kind of effort put into it. There is no passion or effort in Spice World.

And you know what? I don't have anything else to say about this movie. Yeah this might be the shortest review I've ever written, but I don't care to be honest. Spice World is just... STUPID. It has stupid writing, a stupid execution and a really stupid idea. I even hesitate to call Spice World a movie because it's just a really commercial and addition to a singing group that nobody remembers.
½ July 4, 2014
Spice World is a decent film. It is about world famous pop group The Spice Girls zip around London in their luxurious double decker tour bus. The spice girls give good performances. The script has some funny moments but is a little slow in places. Bob Spiers did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the humor.
½ June 22, 2014
so bad it's good lol
½ June 13, 2014
Upon revisiting this film I realized that it's not all that bad. It's watchable. It's rather self-aware, which makes its silliness easier to digest. Spice up your life!
February 19, 2008
For a Spice Girls fan !! This is funny and non sense !
April 30, 2014