Weekly Ketchup: Martin Sheen Joins Spider-Man Cast

Summary

This week's Ketchup brings us yet more casting news for the Spider-Man reboot, new roles for Ice Cube, Miley Cyrus, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Scarlett Johansson and Brad Pitt, and more Rotten Ideas than we usually like to see in any given week. Back to Article

Comments

August M.

Agustin Macias

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted a Captain Marvel(SHAZAM!) movie WB! He's my favorite DC hero and the Marvel Family is my favorite Superhero team. But I am glad that they axe Sex in the City 3.

Scarlett Johansson in what presumably sounds like a Species remake. SOLD!

Nov 5 - 05:12 PM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

Oh Great. We Get To See Uncle Ben Murdered Again. Didn't we just do this like eight years ago??

Nov 5 - 09:39 PM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

im not entirely sold on the new spidey either

Nov 5 - 10:10 PM

todd123

Todd Garry

This new spidey sounds horrible. I hate the cast already.

Nov 6 - 12:55 AM

August M.

Agustin Macias

I wouldn't be surprised it turns out similar to the original but with Lizard than Green Goblin.

Nov 6 - 05:14 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

Too bad RT didn't have a story about Zac Efron being offered the lead role in the upcoming Hollywood version of "Akira." That, without a doubt, would have been the No. 1 Rotten Idea of the Week, if not the year.

Nov 5 - 05:17 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Wait, WHAT?! To Google to find the truth.

Nov 5 - 06:20 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Thank God it's just a rumor.

Nov 5 - 06:22 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

I can only hope it's a rumor... although, I think the "Akira" remake's going to be awful whether or not Zac Efron's in it.
I'll just watch the original movie on DVD. It's really sad that the American studio system is ALL about money. It really knows how to churn out crap every week.

Nov 5 - 10:00 PM

Goatmeal

Goatmeal Go

Actually, the movie is following the manga as its source material and not the anime. TBH, the anime wasn't very good, much less, faithful to the manga.

Nov 6 - 01:32 PM

mjprogue

Mike PArker

It couldn't be any worse than the original...my God Akira really makes me scratch my head in puzzlement...people like this crap?

Of course I could say the same about pretty much all anime, so I don't know why this surprises me.

Nov 7 - 07:59 PM

Zaraki

Rick V

I actually didn't think the first Silent Hill movie was bad. To me it was pretty enjoyable, and is one of the best video game adaptions, but I've learned to be skeptical about video game movies. I'll need to see a lot more of it before I judge it.

On the John Carpenter topic, I've never touched a Darkchylde comic, but from what I've heard of it, it seems fairly lame. I just don't see it working.

Nov 5 - 05:24 PM

Murdoch

Murdoch +

That's exactly how i felt about Silent Hill. It had enough freaky horror moments to keep me glued, but then brought out a BUNCH of video game CGI monsters that i'm sure were loved by fans of the game, but i just found a bit....weird. A video game centric movie that actually did a really good job scaring me: Stay Alive. I don't know why more people didn't like that too, but i rented it with little to no expectations, and it actually freaked the hell out of me.

Nov 5 - 07:10 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Silent Hill would have been great if the keep the lead as a male than a female(Like the game).

Nov 5 - 07:18 PM

The.Watcher

The Watcher

@Tyrant

Yeah man, I really liked the first Silent Hill movie, it crept me out in the theater and got under my skin. Plus it had 2 really awesome moments: when Pyramid Head pulls the skin off that woman and the burning-at-the-cross scene.
I'm very surprised at the low score on RT, I really can't think of any other Game adaptation I liked more.

Nov 6 - 12:06 AM

dj Mark

Mark Marquis

For me it was that first time the world went "dark" with the siren and the burning children... That captured the creepiness and horror of the game perfectly. The script (and acting) did not live up to the visuals.

Nov 7 - 08:20 AM

will s.

will stamp

i don't mind zac efron.

Nov 5 - 05:31 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Wait, WHAT?! To Google to find the truth.

Nov 5 - 06:20 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Thank God it's just a rumor.

Nov 5 - 06:22 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

Nov 5 - 10:00 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Thank God it's just a rumor.

Nov 5 - 06:22 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

Nov 5 - 10:00 PM

General Wiz

Carlos Flores

Zac Efron's okay. I don't think he's great but he is much better then robert pattison, justin beiber, and taylor lautner as far as teen idols go.

Nov 5 - 06:40 PM

sergal4

John Gal

S.J. is stolen biological material, taken against will and formed to clones line 200 pieces total. Sign of dangerous criminal activity. Original Scarlett Galabekian future pediatrician doctor, pediatrician nurse license she obtained in 2008.

Nov 5 - 06:44 PM

Murdoch

Murdoch +

Nov 5 - 07:10 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Nov 5 - 07:18 PM

Brian B.

Brian Barreto

I thought Silent Hill was one of the best video game adaptions released so far, if not it's possibly the best. So yeah, I am looking forward to this sequel. As for the new Spider-Man reboot, I have to admit(although I am still skeptical) that it looks like it will deliver come Summer of 2012. As for Depp and Dicarpio's future projects, I am on board to see whatever they feel like doing. They are some of my all-time favorites actors, so I would watch anything they're in.

Nov 5 - 09:04 PM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

Nov 5 - 09:39 PM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

im not entirely sold on the new spidey either

Nov 5 - 10:10 PM

todd123

Todd Garry

This new spidey sounds horrible. I hate the cast already.

Nov 6 - 12:55 AM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Nov 6 - 05:14 PM

Stepping Razor

Stepping Razor

Nov 5 - 10:00 PM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

im not entirely sold on the new spidey either

Nov 5 - 10:10 PM

todd123

Todd Garry

This new spidey sounds horrible. I hate the cast already.

Nov 6 - 12:55 AM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

I care more about the lint on my balls than another Spiderman movie, and it's a reboot of an 8 year old franchise to boot. Did America suddently come down with Alzheimer's?

Nov 5 - 10:20 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

America: "i'm cold, and there are wolves chasing me."

Nov 6 - 02:20 PM

RamALamADingDong

That Guy

Both are terrific actors and seem perfect for the role. Sally Field especially because of Forrest Gump. I'm still skeptical of the movie in general, but those two should be great.

I am disappointed about Captain Marvel. He's an interesting character, though I personally know him mostly through Kingdom Come. I would have been interested in a movie on him. I'm hoping that they were canceling the potentially bad movie that was in production and will work on a potentially good movie.

Nov 5 - 11:01 PM