Weekly Ketchup: Martin Sheen Joins Spider-Man Cast

Summary

This week's Ketchup brings us yet more casting news for the Spider-Man reboot, new roles for Ice Cube, Miley Cyrus, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Scarlett Johansson and Brad Pitt, and more Rotten Ideas than we usually like to see in any given week. Back to Article

Comments

The.Watcher

The Watcher

I'm very disappointed that The Departed and Terminator won't be getting new titles. Departed cos it was awesome (plus there's Infernal Affairs 2 - which is actually a prequel) and Terminator cos what can I say? I know now why you cry, but it is something I can never do.

Don't know much about Shazam!, haven't really read much of him, but from what I had - premise is kinda stupid, really.

Don't care about the SM reboot, the only good thing about the previous movies was Sam Raimi, SM as a character gets on my nerves. If I had those kind of powers, I wouldn't be fawning over some redhead and trying to take my own picture - I would've been kicking ass in the UFC and banging groupies every night.

RIP to Sex and the City - I hope you stay dead.
Depp, DiCaprio and Pitt projects sound, at the very least, interesting.
Carpenter hasn't made a decent movie since 1988's They Live, so I'm really not holding my breath for DarkChylde.
That is all.

Nov 6 - 12:14 AM

todd123

Todd Garry

This new spidey sounds horrible. I hate the cast already.

Nov 6 - 12:55 AM

Ronnie B.

Ronnie Bhaumik

The spiderman movie seems to be going the twilight way..not too impressed with it...well i actually like silent hill movie,even though i have not played any of those games but it was one of the best video to movie adaptations ever...
+1 for captain marvel movie..he was one of the best characters in DC & he can carry off the movie singlehandedly...

Nov 6 - 02:30 AM

Vinsense0991

Korey Winicky

Well i dunno. the spider-man reboot had me weary and i still am a little. cause as much as i love Raimi his version was not what me as a fan of Early spiderman was looking for. i mean with the fact that they nixed Mary Jane, bringin in gwen Stacy ( emma stone in that role scares me a tad.) Not to mention the inclusions of possibly Cheif Stacy. and having a younger more enthusiatic and energized Spider-Man go down a gritty road where you have a Murdered Uncle ( Sheen and Fields will hit the mark on this one for sure.)and an idle that Parker looks up to terrizing New York as the Lizard for his first Baddie is tantalizing and then the hopeful thought that they will do the Gwen story line and not pull punches... having her killed by the hands of Spider-Man himself... a gritty, more emotional Spidy where the corny jokes are more of a way to cope with the job that has been thrusted on him rather than to be funny like it was with the first movies. that's rad. now they just hafta do it right. and hopefully we will see different stages with J. Jonah Jameson and Both up for that would work well later on as the ruthless Spider thursty Journalist runner we know him that hired and made Rhino and Scorpian some of the best low level villains in the Marvel universe. of course that's hopeful speculation from me. and i certainly will give them a chance. Spidy is a dark and confused character which the brightness of his suit and Baddies played off of nicely, it wasn't just the times that he squared off against Venom and Carnage and the many Spawnlings that came off those two... being a teenager is already tough, and lik ei said throw in a murdered uncle, an idle that you find out like you has an alternate life but this one is terrifying, a girl that you yourself kills and a boss that will stop at nothing to kill you... thats good entertainment that i think can be pulled off, Spider-Man needs to stop unraveling as a soap operah and for little kids.

Nov 6 - 06:40 PM

Freudian Nightmare

Martin Andersson

Don't understand Silent Hill's low score on RT and I don't see why its sequel should be considered Rotten while something featuring Ice Cube is Fresh.

Nov 6 - 05:13 AM

algreen99

AL Green

Rotten rated Knocked Up higher than Inception and Batman Begins. I dont take their ratings seriously.

Nov 6 - 11:38 PM

Alex L.

Alex Lynch

Thank goodness, no more Terminator movies for now. The last time there was a good Terminator movie was in 1992. Now that they have ruined the story with the latest abomination, they should just leave it alone.

Nov 6 - 06:55 AM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

why cant they just do a spidey sequel and get it over with

Nov 6 - 10:32 AM

woundedmakers

Steven Bada

soooooooo tired of hearing the "too soon for a spidey reboot" complaint. The Spider-man character is bigger than your whiney man-child Tobey Maquire, and Sam "Drag Me To CGI Hell" Raimi. I don't know if this reboot will actually be any good, but it can't be any worse than SM3, so get the fuck over it. The Spider-man movies are so dated (but not in a charming way like Batman 89) and Tobey completely misses the mark on Spidey's personality. I'm starting to think this site is just a bunch of old windbags who can't cope with change. Probably the same people who still think Donner's Superman deserves another sequel. Ugh. Move on people. rantsover.

Nov 6 - 11:07 AM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

Cool story bro. Potter's thread is over that way.

Nov 6 - 11:58 AM

woundedmakers

Steven Bada

Thanks bro, but this thread has Spider-Man in the headline, and I was talking about Spider-Man, so I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place you dumb bag of dicks. But hey- you should check out the Vampires:So Hot Right Now thread, back over that way.

Nov 6 - 02:06 PM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

This is a "Spiderman" thread? What gave you that idea? Better yet, where did I challenge that notion? Hey everybody! This is a "Spiderman" thread! Dipshit.

Nov 6 - 06:41 PM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

i wasn't a fan of the casting of those movies except for JK simmons as JJ

Nov 6 - 01:26 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

I'm so tired of hearing people complain about people complaining!

Nov 6 - 01:27 PM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

well, im tired if hearing about people that are tired of complaining about people that are tired of complaining about people that are tired.

Nov 6 - 07:05 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Now I'm just tired!

Nov 7 - 05:33 PM

mjprogue

Mike PArker

oh and Spidey 1, 2 AND f'ing 3 were fantastic movies...with outstanding casting...

I'm not sold on the new ones, but neither am I whining about them...just had to point out how ridiculous your complaints about that fantastic trilogy are.

Nov 7 - 08:01 PM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

Cool story bro. Potter's thread is over that way.

Nov 6 - 11:58 AM

woundedmakers

Steven Bada

Nov 6 - 02:06 PM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

Nov 6 - 06:41 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Glad to see they will not be continuing Terminator from where Salvation left off; that was horrible entry, and needs to be forgotten.

Some of those properties that WB axed could have been great, but I'm just glad nothing like Supermax has been officially canned.

Nov 6 - 12:34 PM

Patrick

Patrick Wagner

Terminator Salvation > Terminator 3. Watching the third movie I thought I was watching a Sci-Fi original movie on cable, but with less quality.

Nov 6 - 10:44 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Terminator 3 did have quite a few problems, but it had a great ending, and managed to preserve the mythos created by Cameron's films. Terminator: Salvation managed to keep the dark, serious tone of the first two films, which was absent from the third one, but it through any logical plot out the window, did not even develop characters on a surface level (one of the strong points of the Terminator films was the wonderfully drawn and developed characters). Hardly anything happens in Terminator: Salvation, and much of the movie is spent just sort of meandering waiting for the plot to kick in. It was like they had a great design for the future world (I thought the production design and look of the film was downright fantastic), but did not have any clue what the hell they wanted to do with the story. Worthington's character, Marcus, would have made a great hero to take the franchise over with, but they killed him off (and underdeveloped him as already stated, eventhough Worthington managed to defy McG and give Marcus some understated depth). Bale should have been great as John Connor, but the script gave him nothing to work with. Literally nothing. You can take him out of pretty much every scene in the movie (there are probably 2 or 3 exceptions to this), and the plot still flows perfectly fine. I'm sorry for going on a rant here, and I am not trying to change your opinion on Terminator 3 and Salvation, I respect where you stand, I am merely stating my feelings, as I am a MASSIVE Terminator fan, and Salvation just wowed me with how bad they messed up something with so much potential.

Nov 7 - 03:10 PM

Patrick

Patrick Wagner

Fair enough. I just thought the casting was horrible in the third one and aside from a few great action scenes, the movie just didn't have that Terminator feel to it.

What did you think of the Sara Conner Chronicles?

Nov 7 - 06:31 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Mama always said life is like a bunch of reboots....you never know what you're gonna get.

Nov 6 - 01:26 PM

manwithoutfear19

Daniel Raimondi

i wasn't a fan of the casting of those movies except for JK simmons as JJ

Nov 6 - 01:26 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

I'm so tired of hearing people complain about people complaining!

Nov 6 - 01:27 PM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

Nov 6 - 07:05 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Now I'm just tired!

Nov 7 - 05:33 PM

Goatmeal

Goatmeal Go

Actually, the movie is following the manga as its source material and not the anime. TBH, the anime wasn't very good, much less, faithful to the manga.

Nov 6 - 01:32 PM

woundedmakers

Steven Bada

Nov 6 - 02:06 PM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

Nov 6 - 06:41 PM

Ethan Hawke's 10 Best Movies

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Pictures of great movie apes

Gone Girl Trailer