Weekly Ketchup: Martin Sheen Joins Spider-Man Cast

Summary

This week's Ketchup brings us yet more casting news for the Spider-Man reboot, new roles for Ice Cube, Miley Cyrus, Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Scarlett Johansson and Brad Pitt, and more Rotten Ideas than we usually like to see in any given week. Back to Article

Comments

Bigbrother

Big Brother

America: "i'm cold, and there are wolves chasing me."

Nov 6 - 02:20 PM

JS

j s

This new spidey film has a WAAAAYYY better cast than the previous. Can't wait to see how this will turn out.

Nov 6 - 02:47 PM

Superzone

Link O'Fett

Still not sold on this reboot yet. I still hold my ground and say they should have just moved on with Spider-Man 4. We'll see what happens with this.

Nov 6 - 05:06 PM

August M.

Agustin Macias

I wouldn't be surprised it turns out similar to the original but with Lizard than Green Goblin.

Nov 6 - 05:14 PM

Vinsense0991

Korey Winicky

Well i dunno. the spider-man reboot had me weary and i still am a little. cause as much as i love Raimi his version was not what me as a fan of Early spiderman was looking for. i mean with the fact that they nixed Mary Jane, bringin in gwen Stacy ( emma stone in that role scares me a tad.) Not to mention the inclusions of possibly Cheif Stacy. and having a younger more enthusiatic and energized Spider-Man go down a gritty road where you have a Murdered Uncle ( Sheen and Fields will hit the mark on this one for sure.)and an idle that Parker looks up to terrizing New York as the Lizard for his first Baddie is tantalizing and then the hopeful thought that they will do the Gwen story line and not pull punches... having her killed by the hands of Spider-Man himself... a gritty, more emotional Spidy where the corny jokes are more of a way to cope with the job that has been thrusted on him rather than to be funny like it was with the first movies. that's rad. now they just hafta do it right. and hopefully we will see different stages with J. Jonah Jameson and Both up for that would work well later on as the ruthless Spider thursty Journalist runner we know him that hired and made Rhino and Scorpian some of the best low level villains in the Marvel universe. of course that's hopeful speculation from me. and i certainly will give them a chance. Spidy is a dark and confused character which the brightness of his suit and Baddies played off of nicely, it wasn't just the times that he squared off against Venom and Carnage and the many Spawnlings that came off those two... being a teenager is already tough, and lik ei said throw in a murdered uncle, an idle that you find out like you has an alternate life but this one is terrifying, a girl that you yourself kills and a boss that will stop at nothing to kill you... thats good entertainment that i think can be pulled off, Spider-Man needs to stop unraveling as a soap operah and for little kids.

Nov 6 - 06:40 PM

Lateralus

Lateralus Grates

This is a "Spiderman" thread? What gave you that idea? Better yet, where did I challenge that notion? Hey everybody! This is a "Spiderman" thread! Dipshit.

Nov 6 - 06:41 PM

doomzdavo

Doomz Davo

well, im tired if hearing about people that are tired of complaining about people that are tired of complaining about people that are tired.

Nov 6 - 07:05 PM

dethburger

dethburger hates Flixster

Now I'm just tired!

Nov 7 - 05:33 PM

Patrick

Patrick Wagner

Terminator Salvation > Terminator 3. Watching the third movie I thought I was watching a Sci-Fi original movie on cable, but with less quality.

Nov 6 - 10:44 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

Terminator 3 did have quite a few problems, but it had a great ending, and managed to preserve the mythos created by Cameron's films. Terminator: Salvation managed to keep the dark, serious tone of the first two films, which was absent from the third one, but it through any logical plot out the window, did not even develop characters on a surface level (one of the strong points of the Terminator films was the wonderfully drawn and developed characters). Hardly anything happens in Terminator: Salvation, and much of the movie is spent just sort of meandering waiting for the plot to kick in. It was like they had a great design for the future world (I thought the production design and look of the film was downright fantastic), but did not have any clue what the hell they wanted to do with the story. Worthington's character, Marcus, would have made a great hero to take the franchise over with, but they killed him off (and underdeveloped him as already stated, eventhough Worthington managed to defy McG and give Marcus some understated depth). Bale should have been great as John Connor, but the script gave him nothing to work with. Literally nothing. You can take him out of pretty much every scene in the movie (there are probably 2 or 3 exceptions to this), and the plot still flows perfectly fine. I'm sorry for going on a rant here, and I am not trying to change your opinion on Terminator 3 and Salvation, I respect where you stand, I am merely stating my feelings, as I am a MASSIVE Terminator fan, and Salvation just wowed me with how bad they messed up something with so much potential.

Nov 7 - 03:10 PM

Patrick

Patrick Wagner

Fair enough. I just thought the casting was horrible in the third one and aside from a few great action scenes, the movie just didn't have that Terminator feel to it.

What did you think of the Sara Conner Chronicles?

Nov 7 - 06:31 PM

algreen99

AL Green

Rotten rated Knocked Up higher than Inception and Batman Begins. I dont take their ratings seriously.

Nov 6 - 11:38 PM

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Summer Movies