Spirit Trap

87% The Strain: Season 1
—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Spirit Trap Reviews

April 17, 2014
Director David Smith apparently grew up on lies from childhood. It's not a spirit catcher, it's called a dream catcher and the witching hour is not midnight it's 3 am. I stopped watching it, didn't care. didn't want to hear anymore of David's Smith's false childhood. Learn to know your facts, before making a movie about things you don't know yourself.
January 16, 2014
Similar to House on Haunted Hill and The Haunting, a few college aged kids are sent to a mansion that happens to have a spirit in it. They find out they have all killed someone and they try keep the spirit from escaping. This could have been good, but it was a little too slow for me. Takes forever to get going and when it does, it really isn't that interesting.
September 9, 2013
An Atmospheric Supernatural Horror, Which Mixes Modern Filmmaking With The Classic Styled Horror. The Story Is Kind Of Predictable But When You Look At The Performance's, Direction And The Atmosphere, It's A Pretty Well Made Film & An Enjoyable One.
September 4, 2013
A promising start and a nice spooky-atmospheric house setting, but the story soon tails off into mediocrity.
April 27, 2013
A well-made, decently acted British horror film, Spirit Trap taps into a lot of the early 20th-century beliefs about spiritualism in a way that is engaging and interesting if not entirely original.
October 31, 2012
Having seen this advertised in summer 2005, I decided to wait to rent it on DVD.

Granted, it wasn't the worst film I've ever seen however I felt that the plot was weak. The setting of a creepy old house was fantastic and having that mysterious locked door really did seem to feed on the audience's fear. The dream sequences were nicely done, as were the flashback scenes. Superb performances from Emma Catherwood.

Billie Piper was far better in Doctor Who and although there is nothing directly bad about her acting there is also nothing particularly great either. I'm no prude by all means but I thought this film would be more suited to an 18 certificate...

I would say this film is worth seeing once but not twice.
October 15, 2012
When a group of college teens all decide to share the same house, they discover that it has a terrible secret that puts all their lives in danger

Here we have a low budget British / Romanian horror movie that tries to be something special, but isn't anything you haven't seen before. The story moves along quite nicely, but the plot ideas have all been regurgitated from many other haunted house flicks. The cast all play their roles very well, but again you have seen the characters in countless other movies. This isn't blood and gore heavy and the limited special effects are nicely done and suits the tone of things quite well. All in all this isn't a bad movie, but it just isn't anything outstanding.
May 20, 2012
got to get this one too!
November 25, 2011
It could have been good, unfortunately the timing was way off and the ending was a complete cop-out.
Nenebelle
April 11, 2009
16th April 2011

Haunted clock story...tick tock tick tock...you are falling to sleep...total snoozefest.
lezmartin
October 18, 2011
An average film, but I suppose its worth a watch, its not total rubbish, tho some of the acting leaves a lot to be desired, I didnt start guessing how it would unravel until about half way through, but more or less near the beginning, I had a fair bit of what was going on.......
Hamee
November 20, 2010
I couldn't make it past the first 15 minutes. It was just to cheesy and the special effects were awful.
xobabygreekox
January 15, 2011
not bad at all, was way better then i thought it would be. i like the story line it's interesting. it was suspencefull enough to keep you wondering and wanting to see the end. one time watch, it was good.
Dazzaler
October 11, 2010
I bit of a mess of a movie really, it got could've been good but it ain't!
A good performance by Bille Piper but the rest of the cast is quite culmsy & unconvincing, just like the rest of the movie!
timeladyinred
September 23, 2010
Billie Piper leads a weak cast. The films creepy but it's only her character that you care about and that's the film's demise.
December 16, 2007
The acting was ok I think the story. Loved the Planchet &* the Spirit Clock.. Wonder how one is made! (mmm Grandad made clocks? wonder if he can haunt our grandfather clock he made for us?!!?) Well I decided I?ll have to read up on those cause I never heard of them before.. anyway I was into the movie and turns out one of the Room ates wasn?t really! C
gerarddefre
April 7, 2010
A rubbish ghost story.
Eben B.
March 4, 2010
A reasonably good movie.
Ken D

February 7, 2010
I'm a pretty big fan of Doctor Who so I was happy to find Billie Piper in this movie. But then I watched it. She seemed so wrong for the part and the rest of the cast were pretty miserable to watch. A very bland and boring ghost story that had potential but did not deliver.
January 16, 2010
Il y a t'il quelque chose a sauver ?